in 3 years the celts will be in the lottery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

in 3 years the celts will be in the lottery

lets face it guys the celts have two to three years left of any kind of run to the title, then it is lottery time for years to come, they have no trade pieces to get younger and to much money invested to get any player to come here as a big time free agent look at all the big free agents to come paul, williams, melo, not one has ever mentioned the celts for that matter no one has mentioned going to boston old school, Danny better learn how to draft we will need it bad, sorry to say it but when we fall it will be hard and fast

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: in 3 years the celts will be in the lottery

I hope nobody around here has forgotten that 20 year drought we went through before DA traded all his chips for KG and RA.  They were both on the wrong side of 30 when we got them, so we knew our window was limited in scope.  This is now year 4 of what was to be a 3 yr experiment and we are still in the thick of it.
    Yeah, when it's over, it might be over big time (maybe Doc and even DA included in the list of retirees) but I've enjoyed and am still enjoying the trades that were made that returned Boston to basketball excellence.
    In that light, I want to reiterate the need to focus on this year and what we need to do to hang banner 18 in the rafters.
    Go Celtics

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to in 3 years the celts will be in the lottery:
    lets face it guys the celts have two to three years left of any kind of run to the title, then it is lottery time for years to come, they have no trade pieces to get younger and to much money invested to get any player to come here as a big time free agent look at all the big free agents to come paul, williams, melo, not one has ever mentioned the celts for that matter no one has mentioned going to boston old school, Danny better learn how to draft we will need it bad, sorry to say it but when we fall it will be hard and fast
    Posted by vegasredsox

I would imagine that when the current big 3 leave the Celtics will have the money to obtain some good players to replace them.  Who knows what the salary situation will be by then anyway?  Everything that I have read or heard said that both sides are not even close to reaching an agreement so they may not even be games next year.  It could definitely happen next year. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: in 3 years the celts will be in the lottery:
    I dont think it was so much of a case that DA got Garnett, more a case of Kevin McHale 'assisting'.
    Posted by Lakerman17

You do know that people just look at your icon and ignore your posts, don't you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: in 3 years the celts will be in the lottery : You do know that people just look at your icon and ignore your posts, don't you?
    Posted by breaktime

What posts?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I dont think it was so much of a case that DA got Garnett, more a case of Kevin McHale 'assisting'.
    Posted by Lakerman17

Kwame Brown and Aaron McKie for Pau Gasol???

Right, like West didn't have his hand in that one.

The Garnett deal was FIVE for one - four of whom are still playing in the league, ONE for the lakers........................Gomes, Telfair and Jefferson all START for their teams, so Gerald Green was the only throw-in in that deal.  Plus two #1's...............give me a break, troll!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Rajon Rondo, Big Baby Davis and Nate Robinson are still pretty young.  If Luke Harangody or anyone else can develop into an all-star type player the Celtics will continue on with excellance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Okay yeah but so will the window close for LA, Dallas, San Antonio, ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

K wame Brown and Aaron McKie for Pau Gasol?? ? You forgot Crittenton and Marc Gasol, or perhaps you wanted to skew you're answer for the un-educated. BTW, when anyone compares the respective health of the TWolves v Grizz after those trades it's obvious the Grizz came out of it better than the TWolves. give me a break, troll!
    Posted by Lakerman17

Gun-weilding Javarius Crittedon is out of the league.  Marc Gasol was an unproven second round pick.  Yes, he has developed into a nice little role player for the Griz, but it's like trading Dom Dimaggio for Joe Dimaggio - lakers, of course, getting Joe..........that trade was so bad, it is now illegal.  Last year the  Cavs wanted to trade Wally Szerbiak's expiring contract, like the lakers did with McKie, and were told they couldn't do it!!  And the reason the Wolves are so bad is because they traded Jefferson and have a former laker, who is a train-wreck, coaching them!!

But, of course, that is just for the INformed people in the audience.  Everyone knows Gasol was gifted to the lakers....even you!

I should add that West was still a consultant for the Griz in 2008.  And its' get YOUR facts straight - like on the Garnett deal .  YOU started this with your ingnorant comment about Garnett, and I am ending it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In Response to in 3 years the celts will be in the lottery:
    Posted by vegasredsox
    This is not necessarily true. You forget that the present ownership of the Celtics is one that is not hesitant to spend for talent even if it means paying luxury tax. I don't think they will be so patient as to wait another 5 years or more before contending again. You can expect DA to be aggressively pursuing veteran free agents once the salaries of Ray Allen, KG and Paul Pierce comeoff the books.

Also, so-called big free agents don't mention Boston as a possible destination because they know that the situation isn't workable at the present. Firstly, they're aware that Boston is already over the salary cap and can't accommodate their salaries. Secondly, they don't want to play as reserves. Players in their prime want to be starters and get major playing time. The situation, however,  will drastically change when Allen, Garnett and Pierce (later on) retire or move on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Danny came in knowing that the Celtics were not a lucky team and could not count on the Oden/Durant lottery.  Instead he drafted wisely (Jeffrerson, Perk, Tony Allen, Gomes, Delonte, Rondo, BBD, Telfair), enlisted Doc in their development into people of value, and traded up.  If he has to do the same again, he will -- and I'm not worried about another 20 lean years. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Lakerman,
    I could see the Lakers down at the bottom of the league in three years as well.

Bynum will never be healthy,  Kobe will be close to the end, and Gasol is already slowing down.

Be careful what you wish for.

Maybe the league will give you another handout.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

It may not be a bad time to rebuild with the so called Superteam trend going on with MIA and poss future scenarios like NYK (Carmelo, Amare, Deron Williams???) and ORL (Howard and Chris Paul) next year.  CHI is working on a strong nucleus for the next few years.   

The Celts are a major market and have history/tradition but that only gets you so far when acquiring free agents.  LA will always have an advantage over us as do the other warm weather locations-MIA, ORL, PHX.  DAL has Cuban so they are set as well.  NJ has the Russian billionaire.

Let's hope down the road we catch lightning in a bottle with the draft and rebuild something that makes players want to come here.  Until then let's enjoy the ride!! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Gun-weilding Javarius Crittedon is out of the league.  Marc Gasol was an unproven second round pick.  Yes, he has developed into a nice little role player for the Griz. Ahhh, so nice of you to now add these two into what was really the Gasol trade even though you initially left it out (or you just plain didn't know). As for it being an illegal trade, Gasol made it known he would have loved it to be a Laker (who wouldn't) unlike Garnett who turned down Boston on it's first approach. "Garnett rejected the initial move to Boston even though it would have put him in the easier-to-conquer East and even though he is friendly with Pierce." http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2954127 And from the same article..But some teams believe McHale's comfort in negotiating with Ainge, and corresponding reluctance to deal with other teams, was another key factor. The former Celtics colleagues remain close and frequently watched games together during the recent NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. Now, which deal was criminal?
    Posted by Lakerman17

This is all:
    1.  Something I already knew
    2.  Water under the bridge.

Your continual attack on the Garnett trade, while failing to even acknowledge the slightest bit of culpability for the theft of Gasol makes you the worst kind of troll there is.  You are a lakers fan, not a basketball fan!!  And that is not a compliment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Rajon Rondo, Big Baby Davis and Nate Robinson are still pretty young.  If Luke Harangody or anyone else can develop into an all-star type player the Celtics will continue on with excellance.
    Posted by cavaliersfan

I know addiction is very difficult to overcome but you have to start somewhere, so put the crack pipe down.......  when the big 3 go Rondo will never get a sniff at an all-star game again.  I think Wall and Rose will be the all-stars for as long as they stay in the eastern conference.  There is nobody else on the roster that will ever develop into an all-star and most would not even start on even mediocre teams.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to in 3 years the celts will be in the lottery : This is not necessarily true. You forget that the present ownership of the Celtics is one that is not hesitant to spend for talent even if it means paying luxury tax. I don't think they will be so patient as to wait another 5 years or more before contending again. You can expect DA to be aggressively pursuing veteran free agents once the salaries of Ray Allen, KG and Paul Pierce comeoff the books. Also, so-called big free agents don't mention Boston as a possible destination because they know that the situation isn't workable at the present. Firstly, they're aware that Boston is already over the salary cap and can't accommodate their salaries. Secondly, they don't want to play as reserves. Players in their prime want to be starters and get major playing time. The situation, however,  will drastically change when Allen, Garnett and Pierce (later on) retire or move on.
    Posted by edcap99

Learn how the salary cap works, then you can rethink your post.  You can't just sign max contract players to replace your stars. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Let's face facts:  The Lakers were better managers of talent and made better moves than the Celtics for a lot of years there.  That's because my Celtics made some bonehead plays by allowing some idiot named Rick Pitino to grab way too much control and then allowing the next GM to also do dumb things.  That's because our franchise changed ownership during some dark years.  So, Gavitt, Pitino, and Wallace almost killed the Franchise.  In fact, Chris Wallace traded for Vin Baker, which really hurt the Celtics, and then went on to Memphis where he traded away one guy named Pau Gasol, thereby helping the Lakers.

So, yes, your management was better than ours.  Fortunately, that's all changed.   New management bought the team and turned things around.   I have actually met the current management - BEFORE they got Garnett and Ray.  Wyc said to me one day when he just met me as a fan with a Jersey on in the Verizon Center...."just wait, you'll see that we intend to win and we're not going to make dumb moves, anymore.  We want to restore the franchise to consistent winners.  We will reward your loyalty".  That's a true story.  I was amazed that he sought me out just looking at me wearing Celtic green at the DC sports arena.   Right after that, he brought back Antoine Walker and we made a playoff run.

I then saw the moves he made over the years with Danny and I can see that this ownership + Ainge is smart and savvy.  Celts could go lottery, but it wouldn't be for long as they use their salary cap room to continue to build winners.   Bet money on it!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

By the end of the 2012 season the Celtics will only have Pierce and Rondo under contract heading into the 2012-13 season. While the Lakers will still have Kobe, Pau, Fish, Walton, Blake, and possibly Bynum and Odom. The Lakers can opt not to exercise their team option on both Bynum and Odom in 2012-13. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

Sounds believable celtsfan4life and so far the proof is in the pudding and the celts have definitely become both champions and contenders these last few years.

As much as I don't like the celtics (and I really don't like them) its good for the NBA that a team with their history is in the reckoning merely for the fact that it brings further intrigue into the playoffs particularly should the Lakers/Celtics meet in the Finals.

I ask this though, if Doc was to finish after this season and the Heat get bumped, is there a chance Doc coaches the Heat?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

of course there's a chance doc would go to miami. he'd be crazy not to if he had the chance. just like jackson jumped at the chance to coach LA. if a coach has an opportunity to go to a fully loaded team, why not? after all, jackson has made a career of it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

and it's perfectly clear that the celts give themselves 2 more years with this team. then nearly everyone is a free agent and will retire. then we'll have money to sign younger stars. another reason why i've said lots of times on here we need to keep our draft picks. our picks 2 and 3 years from now may well be lottery picks, so we need to keep them, not trade them for a third string safety net.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Sounds believable celtsfan4life and so far the proof is in the pudding and the celts have definitely become both champions and contenders these last few years. As much as I don't like the celtics (and I really don't like them) its good for the NBA that a team with their history is in the reckoning merely for the fact that it brings further intrigue into the playoffs particularly should the Lakers/Celtics meet in the Finals. I ask this though, if Doc was to finish after this season and the Heat get bumped, is there a chance Doc coaches the Heat?
    Posted by Lakerman17

Always a chance, huh, because he only lives 3.5 hrs north of Miami, I think.  But, I believe Doc is very close to Danny and the players.  I believe he'd just stop coaching for a while before he jumped from the Celts to a rival.  If they ever fired him.....all bets would be off.

I also think Doc is very much a "team first" coach.   San Antonio, LA (when Kobe is under control), Boston, etc are TEAMs.   Miami has a couple of players who don't know how to do that (eg, Lebron does not know how to allow his point guard to handle the ball and play his position).  That would drive Doc crazy!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Sounds believable celtsfan4life and so far the proof is in the pudding and the celts have definitely become both champions and contenders these last few years. As much as I don't like the celtics (and I really don't like them) its good for the NBA that a team with their history is in the reckoning merely for the fact that it brings further intrigue into the playoffs particularly should the Lakers/Celtics meet in the Finals. I ask this though, if Doc was to finish after this season and the Heat get bumped, is there a chance Doc coaches the Heat?
    Posted by Lakerman17
    Since this is your only post left I will say Doc has about as much chance of coaching the Heat as Phil does of coaching the Nuggets!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: in 3 years the celts will be in the lottery : Since this is your only post left I will say Doc has about as much chance of coaching the Heat as Phil does of coaching the Nuggets!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Agreed.  I was trying not to be too blunt/nasty and explain why Doc would never coach the Heat.  But, I like your more direct answer Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I will bet Doc he will not leave for Miami next year. Ridiculous you are just baiting us.

Sections
Shortcuts