IN A HEARTBEAT: WESTBROOK +JOSH SMITH FOR RAY/KG +RONDO!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

IN A HEARTBEAT: WESTBROOK +JOSH SMITH FOR RAY/KG +RONDO!

can see a scenario where okc contacts danny for rondo to go along with durant. they make a better pairing than with westbrrok/durant. for the celts, westbrook is perfect. his shoot first skills are exactly what we need plus his plays great defense and has size at 6'3. its a great win-win trade. i believe the salaries and years match up. the latter has been rumored for a while. i hope danny is considering it. i would give atlanya the choice of either guy. josh and ray is a one for one deal. with kg, could be hentich and josh for kg. if we do that, we wont need to sign the more fragile west. we definitely do not need to planning a future around baby at the 4.
    right now, of course both kg and ray are the better players, however josh is still just 25 and cures our biggest flaw, LACK OF ATHLETICISM! having westbrook and a west/bradley/pp/henrich as your guard tandem with jeff green/pp and josh as your starting forwards will automatically make us athletically competitive with most teams out there going forward.

if magic offers up howard, i would flip any combo in a heartbeat in addition to the 2012 #1 for him. this lineup would make us competitive for years to come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: IN A HEARTBEAT: WESTBROOK +JOSH SMITH FOR RAY/KG +RONDO!

for Howard plus somebody mabey// nah?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: IN A HEARTBEAT: WESTBROOK +JOSH SMITH FOR RAY/KG +RONDO!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to IN A HEARTBEAT: WESTBROOK +JOSH SMITH FOR RAY/KG +RONDO! : Russell Westbrook is only 6-3.  http://www.nba.com/playerfile/russell_westbrook/
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    thanks, they kept saying 6'6 during the memphis series when i watched. will take your word for it. even more reason for okc to want omake the move. what do you think of the proposal?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

The problem of this proposal:
    OKC needs scoring from their PG as Seafalosha and Perkins are horrible offensive players and Ibaka is only an average scorer.

An offensive line with Perkins, Seafalosha, Rondo and Ibaka would mean tribble teams on Durant every minute he is on the court.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to IN A HEARTBEAT: WESTBROOK +JOSH SMITH FOR RAY/KG +RONDO!:
    [QUOTE] can see a scenario where okc contacts danny for rondo to go along with durant. they make a better pairing than with westbrrok/durant. for the celts, westbrook is perfect. his shoot first skills are exactly what we need plus his plays great defense and has size at 6'3. its a great win-win trade. i believe the salaries and years match up. the latter has been rumored for a while. i hope danny is considering it. i would give atlanya the choice of either guy. josh and ray is a one for one deal. with kg, could be hentich and josh for kg. if we do that, we wont need to sign the more fragile west. we definitely do not need to planning a future around baby at the 4. right now, of course both kg and ray are the better players, however josh is still just 25 and cures our biggest flaw, LACK OF ATHLETICISM! having westbrook and a west/bradley/pp/henrich as your guard tandem with jeff green/pp and josh as your starting forwards will automatically make us athletically competitive with most teams out there going forward. if magic offers up howard, i would flip any combo in a heartbeat in addition to the 2012 #1 for him. this lineup would make us competitive for years to come.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

CC you have bought the Rondo doesn't need to score myth hook, line, and sinker.

One of the things that we have heard over and over again is that at times the "Cs offense seems to get bogged down" and that is 100% attributable to Rondo's inability to score.

So the notion that Durant needs a non-scoring point guard is crazy, let me take it one step further - THERE IS NO TEAM IN THE NBA THAT NEEDS A POINT GUARD THAT CANNOT SCORE.  Two thirds of the teams in the league scored more points than the Cs and that is with 3 great scorers.

Westbrook is 3 years younger and already better than Rondo.  I think the Westbrook and Durant not being able to coexist talk during the playoffs was nonsense, we are talking about a couple of 22 year olds that will learn and grow from this past spring and be better off as a result.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to IN A HEARTBEAT: WESTBROOK +JOSH SMITH FOR RAY/KG +RONDO!:
    [QUOTE] can see a scenario where okc contacts danny for rondo to go along with durant. they make a better pairing than with westbrrok/durant. for the celts, westbrook is perfect. his shoot first skills are exactly what we need plus his plays great defense and has size at 6'3. its a great win-win trade. i believe the salaries and years match up. the latter has been rumored for a while. i hope danny is considering it. i would give atlanya the choice of either guy. josh and ray is a one for one deal. with kg, could be hentich and josh for kg. if we do that, we wont need to sign the more fragile west. we definitely do not need to planning a future around baby at the 4. right now, of course both kg and ray are the better players, however josh is still just 25 and cures our biggest flaw, LACK OF ATHLETICISM! having westbrook and a west/bradley/pp/henrich as your guard tandem with jeff green/pp and josh as your starting forwards will automatically make us athletically competitive with most teams out there going forward. if magic offers up howard, i would flip any combo in a heartbeat in addition to the 2012 #1 for him. this lineup would make us competitive for years to come.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]  LET'S DO IT !!  I WILL CALL THEO AND HAVE HIM CALL DANNY !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Why would Atlanta give up Josh Smith for Allen or KG who are two of the oldest players in the NBA?
    Fantasyland...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

No way the would go foir that trade be a career killer for Durrant

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to IN A HEARTBEAT: WESTBROOK +JOSH SMITH FOR RAY/KG +RONDO! : CC you have bought the Rondo doesn't need to score myth hook, line, and sinker. One of the things that we have heard over and over again is that at times the "Cs offense seems to get bogged down" and that is 100% attributable to Rondo's inability to score. So the notion that Durant needs a non-scoring point guard is crazy, let me take it one step further - THERE IS NO TEAM IN THE NBA THAT NEEDS A POINT GUARD THAT CANNOT SCORE.  Two thirds of the teams in the league scored more points than the Cs and that is with 3 great scorers. Westbrook is 3 years younger and already better than Rondo.  I think the Westbrook and Durant not being able to coexist talk during the playoffs was nonsense, we are talking about a couple of 22 year olds that will learn and grow from this past spring and be better off as a result.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]well they can move harden to sg and start a nick collision for more offense and have perky come off the bench as the situational guy he is. rondo can score and be a 14 point a night guy next year. its HOW he scores. the slashings and attacks of thebasket will work well in okc with durant and harden spacing the floor. westbrook is more of a shooter type guard, great from 3 and outside, not as good as rondo at attacking the hole when rondo's on. we need more of what rw brings, they need more of the type of scoring westbrook can bring them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IN A HEARTBEAT: WESTBROOK +JOSH SMITH FOR RAY/KG +RONDO! : well they can move harden to sg and start a nick collision for more offense ... . westbrook is more of a shooter type guard, great from 3 and outside, not as good as rondo at attacking the hole when rondo's on. Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? You suggest they play without a center and start their single consistent scorer from the bench? By the way, Westbrook consistently attacks the rim as he is very athletic and a very good free throw shooter. Rondo on a good day is not as good as Westbrook attacking the basket. Westbrooks drives caused more droubles to the mavs than LeBron James'. RW problem is decision making and passing as he was no PG in college.

Sections
Shortcuts