In a strange way the starters injuries are helping the team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

In a strange way the starters injuries are helping the team.

It seems to me that with the starters out the bench has had to step up and they are starting to perform. Could it be that the injuries are actually helping this team get better? Pietrus, Wilcox, Moore, and Daniels are all playing much better. This may not cut it against the top competition but it certainly improves the bench.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: In a strange way the starters injuries are helping the team.

The injuries force doc to do what he should have been doing all along... integrating the young talent into the rotation.

Necessity being the mother of invention.

It also makes it clearer among the starters who is essential (CPP) and who is less so (JO, Rondo, RA in that order).

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

In Response to Re: In a strange way the starters injuries are helping the team.:
    [QUOTE]The injuries force doc to do what he should have been doing all along... integrating the young talent into the rotation. Necessity being the mother of invention. It also makes it clearer among the starters who is essential (CPP) and who is less so (JO, Rondo, RA in that order). Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is going to last forever. Once Rondo is healthy again he's coming back for sure. Knowing doc, it would surprise not to see this happening.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: In a strange way the starters injuries are helping the team.:
    [QUOTE]The injuries force doc to do what he should have been doing all along... integrating the young talent into the rotation. Necessity being the mother of invention. It also makes it clearer among the starters who is essential (CPP) and who is less so (JO, Rondo, RA in that order). Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Pud you nailed it, integrating the younger players into the rotation permanently is the most important thing Doc must do.  I think many of us are worried if he will go back to his piling minutes on the starters.  If he does however we will continue to lose games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In a strange way the starters injuries are helping the team. : I don't think that is going to last forever. Once Rondo is healthy again he's coming back for sure. Knowing doc, it would surprise not to see this happening.
    Posted by celticsfanmx[/QUOTE]

Then we have "Rondo's team" once again and the youthful dynamism fades as Rondo reasserts dominance (in his image and likeness) over the team's character/chemistry. 

That's my guess also unless DA steps in and pulls the trigger on a trade that brings us a plain vanilla PG with a serviceable jumper and who can hit FTs... and maybe a big man... and allows the new guys to develop with an eye toward the future.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In a strange way the starters injuries are helping the team. : Pud you nailed it, integrating the younger players into the rotation permanently is the most important thing Doc must do.  I think many of us are worried if he will go back to his piling minutes on the starters.  If he does however we will continue to lose games.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I've been sitting on the edge of my chair the last 4 games really enjoying the games and wondering what might happen next. Who might step forward and do something great.... or awful.

There have been lots and lots of surprises as the team is no longer on auto pilot with Rondo and Doc at the controls.

Life is good and the joy of waiting for something spontaneous and unscripted to happen is back.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In a strange way the starters injuries are helping the team. : Pud you nailed it, integrating the younger players into the rotation permanently is the most important thing Doc must do.  I think many of us are worried if he will go back to his piling minutes on the starters.  If he does however we will continue to lose games.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I also agree that Doc needs to play the entire bench on a consistent basis.  He has played them recently out of necessity, but the Celtics are a much better team when everyone is contributing.   Doc will probably go back to his old ways of playing his starters extended minutes which definitely isn't good in the long run.  Especially in this shortened season with so many back to back games and playing many games in a week.  

Sections
Shortcuts