In the midst of all the trade talk....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

In the midst of all the trade talk....

Let's not forget how poorly Doc is coaching this season.  He is trying to get something out of this current lineup that isn't there.  He has zero flexibility and I think he uses Green poorly.  So, maybe we could fire Doc too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

Re: In the midst of all the trade talk....

In response to shines01's comment:

Let's not forget how poorly Doc is coaching this season.  He is trying to get something out of this current lineup that isn't there.  He has zero flexibility and I think he uses Green poorly.  So, maybe we could fire Doc too.

+100

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Please don't mentioned it here again or else you will be crucified......lol

How about trade Pierce for Pau through Gay and deal Pau to any team(Philly, Detriot,Cavs, Hornets, or-lando) who are in the lottery for their picks and trade Bass and Terry to Oklahoma for Martin and draft pick from Toronto. I know it's easily said than done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Doc can't be blamed entirely for this. Although his inputs may be taken into consideration, Doc doesn't do the hiring.  He has to work with the lineup that Danny Ainge assembles. If there's any firing to be done, Danny Ainge should be the first one to go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

do you think doc is not involved in hiring? come on....

why would ainge risk alienating his newly signed coach (for 5 years no less) by springing players on doc that he doesn't want?

doc is involved too, heavily.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

i don't know....why wouldn't van gundy be better? only one way to find out...i think doc's making a mess of it.

also, tyrone lue is sitting on the bench. give him the job......

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

you may be right...idk...its just frustrating to see doc so stuck in his ways.

i just think we should be a better team than this (not saying we are a contender)

be creative doc! do something!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to basketbert's comment:

i don't know....why wouldn't van gundy be better? only one way to find out...i think doc's making a mess of it.

Once Doc's gone we're not going to get him back because as soon as he leaves Boston, teams would be calling.

You really want to gamble on Jeff Van Gundy after what he did in Houston?

Tyronn Lue?

Seriously, KG and the other vets would not respect someone as young as Lue. What's worse he doesn't have the credentials to be head coach.

I also didn't like KC Jones. But after KC Jones left, it was head coach after head coach after head coach.

I thought Chris Ford did a fantastic job.  He had some very entertaining teams to watch.  He was abreath of fresh air after 2 horrific seasons of Jimmy Rodgers.  Poor Chris Ford's first full year saw the Celtics race out of the gate at 29-5 and they were routinely destroying teams by 20 plus points per game....and then Bird's back gave out and the team went the way of Bird's back, but I always thought Chris Ford was a great coach.  Same with Jim O'Brien.  He was a breath of fresh air after the horrific Pitino years.  I thought he was a great coach and was sorry he and danny did not see eye-to-eye.  I wanted Doc fired before Garnett arrived.  He was the ideal coach for the team after Garnett arrived, but, I think his time, like Garnett's, has passed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DOC is not the problem here.......   The Celts are an old team, no BIG-MAN, and an "ALL WORLD AAU POINT GUARD" that can not shoot and can not convert free-throws !!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomar8477. Show nomar8477's posts

Just look at the Lakers after Phil Jackson left. 

Kobe has ZERO championships without Phil Jackson.

You want an example of a bad coach then look at Mike Brown. He's the only coach to coach both Kobe and Lebron in the NBA. But he has ZERO championships!

Doc Rivers had guys like LaFrentz and Mark Blount surrounding Pierce and the Celtics ended up a lottery team. When Doc when given a super team, KG, Ray, and Pierce, 1 championship, and 2 Finals appearance. Even last season the Celts overachieved by reaching the east finals. Bad coaches can't do what Doc did the last 5 years.

And players tuning out Doc? It won't be long before only Rondo is the only player left from that 2008 team. So why not give Doc a chance to coach a rebuilding team?

We criticize Phil Jackson for not wanting to coach a team that doesn't have established superstars. Doc wants to be a part of the new generation of Celtic players. And we reward Doc by wanting him fired?

I agree. I dont get why people think he is bad now..but was good before. Doc didnt forget basketball. The only thing thats changed is the players. The players the Cs have now are not talented!! Doc is the same person he was 5 years ago. Right? I think so. The players are not though

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In response to bangkoker's comment:

How about trade Pierce for Pau through Gay and deal Pau to any team(Philly, Detriot,Cavs, Hornets, or-lando) who are in the lottery for their picks and trade Bass and Terry to Oklahoma for Martin and draft pick from Toronto. I know it's easily said than done.

Accumulating early lottery picks can be a risky proposition also because all draft classes are not created equal. My early opinion of this year's draft is that you see some good nba players but "star"  or "franchise" quality is questionable even at the front end of the draft and it looks like the one's and done's would be better served with additional year of college. Therefore unless you are willing to suffer up to 3 seasons of a youth movement under devlopment loading up with lottery picks this year is not the way to go.

Once KG decided to re-up the process became a  transitional re-build  vs starting over. Since there was no 5.7 MLE big available in free agency (who would have thought ASIK would get the contract he received) the plan shifted to signing Jet to replace RA and sign your own players to contracts (you are allowed to re-sign your own players and go over the cap, once over the cap which we were once KG resigned and Jet was given the MLE the options were limited mostly vet mins) that would allow you to make trades for more nba experienced (higher salary equal better options, in years past we had to play around the edges for vet min contracts to fill in the roster, now we can look at a larger pool of players) in the future however those assets have to perform so other teams with a need in that position become a more enthusiastic trade partner. To date those who received those salary committments have not lived up to expectation. As has been stated on this board many times once the trade deadline arrived assets were going to be re-shuffled to address our lack of size. My guess Pierce was a possibility to be traded but not the first option, my guess the hope was that Green or Bass would become more marketable by the tradeline and don't be surprised if Rondo is made available, if that nets a piece for the future although I don't think it will happen until after the season.

Another league wide trend that is occuring is that many teams in mid-markets are agressively managing their payrolls to avoid the looming luxury tax penalties which might benefit BOS over the next 18 months, players that normally wouln't be available are suddendly available (ie Rudy Gay and Harden). I think the new luxury taxes are even having an effect even on a large market like LA. The players sucessfully fought off a hard cap in the CBA but for all intents and purposes there is a hard cap around the $74Mil mark and teams will avoid going over unless they absolutely feel they can win a championship.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In your opinion?

1.   He is trying to WIN games - not get something out of the lineup that isn't there.

2.  Flexibility?  Ah.......he has put to rest the "Doc doesn't play rookies" nonsense.

3.  Green has played poorly and has been inconsistent - like the rest of them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

i don't know....why wouldn't van gundy be better?

Because Mark Jackson outthought him, time and time again. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Ever hear the saying "everything else is gravy"?  Well, the Celts got 4+ years of championship contention out of the Big 3.  Well, after banner 17, everything else was gravy.  They were really, really close to bringing # 18 home, and this team has been on borrowed time for at least 2 years.  Doc was a genius before KG, PP and Ray got old.  Now that he has agins stars, he's a dummy?  I don't buy it.  Danny needs to rebuild and we all know it. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

DOC is not the problem here.......   The Celts are an old team, no BIG-MAN, and an "ALL WORLD AAU POINT GUARD" that can not shoot and can not convert free-throws !!!

Doc is not the answer either. The team may be old, but Doc does not know how to manage minutes. He is terrible. He has to see that Pierce and KG just can't sustain night in and night out. He must rotate younger players in more. And he needs to keep the lineup moving in and out of the game. This team could be better if time were managed better. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

In response to greenmuse's comment:

In response to bangkoker's comment:

Accumulating early lottery picks can be a risky proposition also because all draft classes are not created equal. My early opinion of this year's draft is that you see some good nba players but "star"  or "franchise" quality is questionable even at the front end of the draft and it looks like the one's and done's would be better served with additional year of college. Therefore unless you are willing to suffer up to 3 seasons of a youth movement under devlopment loading up with lottery picks this year is not the way to go.

Once KG decided to re-up the process became a  transitional re-build  vs starting over. Since there was no 5.7 MLE big available in free agency (who would have thought ASIK would get the contract he received) the plan shifted to signing Jet to replace RA and sign your own players to contracts (you are allowed to re-sign your own players and go over the cap, once over the cap which we were once KG resigned and Jet was given the MLE the options were limited mostly vet mins) that would allow you to make trades for more nba experienced (higher salary equal better options, in years past we had to play around the edges for vet min contracts to fill in the roster, now we can look at a larger pool of players) in the future however those assets have to perform so other teams with a need in that position become a more enthusiastic trade partner. To date those who received those salary committments have not lived up to expectation. As has been stated on this board many times once the trade deadline arrived assets were going to be re-shuffled to address our lack of size. My guess Pierce was a possibility to be traded but not the first option, my guess the hope was that Green or Bass would become more marketable by the tradeline and don't be surprised if Rondo is made available, if that nets a piece for the future although I don't think it will happen until after the season.

Another league wide trend that is occuring is that many teams in mid-markets are agressively managing their payrolls to avoid the looming luxury tax penalties which might benefit BOS over the next 18 months, players that normally wouln't be available are suddendly available (ie Rudy Gay and Harden). I think the new luxury taxes are even having an effect even on a large market like LA. The players sucessfully fought off a hard cap in the CBA but for all intents and purposes there is a hard cap around the $74Mil mark and teams will avoid going over unless they absolutely feel they can win a championship.

Thanks for the clarification, however because of Rondo's injury the gate is wide open I can see big changes coming.... lets hope for the best!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

This is exactly why the Lakers are on their second or third coach...lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Just look at the Lakers after Phil Jackson left. 

Kobe has ZERO championships without Phil Jackson.

You want an example of a bad coach then look at Mike Brown. He's the only coach to coach both Kobe and Lebron in the NBA. But he has ZERO championships!

Doc Rivers had guys like LaFrentz and Mark Blount surrounding Pierce and the Celtics ended up a lottery team. When Doc when given a super team, KG, Ray, and Pierce, 1 championship, and 2 Finals appearance. Even last season the Celts overachieved by reaching the east finals. Bad coaches can't do what Doc did the last 5 years.

And players tuning out Doc? It won't be long before only Rondo is the only player left from that 2008 team. So why not give Doc a chance to coach a rebuilding team?

We criticize Phil Jackson for not wanting to coach a team that doesn't have established superstars. Doc wants to be a part of the new generation of Celtic players. And we reward Doc by wanting him fired?

+5

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Pierce, Terry, and KG got old.

That's it.

I guess doc should have given them wonder tonic...??Geez, some here expect miracles, don't they..Doc milked every ounce out of his players...face realtiy guys..

Sections
Shortcuts