In The Prime Of Their Careers: R. Allen Vs. D. Wade?, K. Garnett Vs. D. Howard?, P. Pierce Vs. Lebron?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: In The Prime Of Their Careers: R. Allen Vs. D. Wade?, K. Garnett Vs. D. Howard?, P. Pierce Vs. Lebron?

Odom=2 x NBA Champion (in the west)
    Drew= 2 x NBA Champion (in the west)
    Shaq= 3 x NBA Champion (in the west)

Melo,DWill, = 0.
    Thumper= 0. (in the west) Failure!

"Keeping it real".
    "Schooling russ all day long".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Re: In The Prime Of Their Careers: R. Allen Vs. D. Wade?, K. Garnett Vs. D. Howard?, P. Pierce Vs. Lebron?

koberulz/lakerfanatic........

Your really challanged about the facts are you........Let me give you a reality check.......

Prime...ray allen vs wade.......  ray always was more of a shooter and never a passer...wade is a hybrid guard who is a 1 and a 2...Cant shoot like ray..but can pass and penetrate better...Ray never had good teams IN MILLWAKEE...and he was in seatle when SEAN KEMP STARTED TO STINK....Ray was on 40 win teams for his best...

KG - HOWARD....First of all WHAT ABOUT 2008 and who is the heart and soul of the cs..THATS KG...He lead and WON the ring over your lakers....KG had great teams in minn...but the lakers were always better they spent more...KG was the only good player on minn. while in la it was the kobe/shaq era...HOW FAIR WAS THAT... 2 on 1....LEARN YOUR HISTORY SON!!!!!!!

Lebron vs paul.....

Paul in his early years NEVER HAD TALENT AROUND HIM...then when he got older him and walker had a ok run....But paul was 29 when the team had to rebuild again...KOBE NEVER HAD TO REBUILD.....LEBRON NEVER HAD TO REBUILD...rememeber the celtics vs nets series...paul single handedly kept boston in it..But there was not enough team talent...DONT BLAME TEAM TALENT ON A PLAYER..

and thats why your a bandwagon fan.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

lakernation,

mr. no means no should treat women better. Look at mr. no means no...waaaa i want a trade in 2008......

But heres what you dont get..YOUR BLAMING THE PLAYER FOR TEAM TALENT.....KG with minn NEVER HAD THE TEAM TALENT DUNCAN had with SA....That was the truth...

Robinson,sean elliot,horry,avery johnson....IF kg played with those guys his carrear would be ALOT DIFF....KG played with scerbiac, casssel, spree, rickey davis.....REALLY......look at your selfs...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

DoctorCO, all I'm reading from you are EXCUSES. Very typical from a Celtic fan. Whenever you want to man up, and just admit that Wade is better than Allen, as the entire country and every knowledgable basketball fan knows, please let me know.

Also, you talk about KG in 2008 like he was the only player the Celtics had. Remember it took all Allen, Pierce, and KG to get the job done, and when these 3 players ever were the sole-leader of their teams, they all FAILED.

Even Redley34 admits Lebron is the better player when compared to Pierce. Just to put it into perspective for you, in 2007, Lebron led his team to the Finals, grant it was the leastern conference, but Paula, in the same leastern conference led the the Celtics to a 24-58 record - ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC.

You mentioned something about Kobe, but I am tired of embarassing you on this subject, so I will just tell you that he has 5 rings which is 2 more than Allen, KG, and Paula have combined. Enjoy!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: In The Prime Of Their Careers: R. Allen Vs. D. Wade?, K. Garnett Vs. D. Howard?, P. Pierce Vs. Lebron?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: In The Prime Of Their Careers: R. Allen Vs. D. Wade?, K. Garnett Vs. D. Howard?, P. Pierce Vs. Lebron? : Usually a fan's opinion about their players needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  In this case, however, you're gonna need the whole store.
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  You're too focused on rings.  What you are saying to me are two things:
    1.  IF KG was on SAS instead of Duncan, they would NOT have 4 rings.
    2.  IF Duncan got drafted by BOS, WE would have 4 more rings.

It is impossible to make either one of those statements with any degree of certainty.  In the 14 years TD has played, he has averages of 20.6 pts and 11.4 rebounds.  13 playoffs appearances, 4 rings

In 16 seasons, KG has averages of 19.5 and 10.7.  11 playoff appearances, 1 ring.  Now, in 2 seasons, is it POSSIBLE TD's averages could drop by 1.1 points and .7 rebounds??  Sure is!

Like I said, overall, they are a wash.  Both great, and both integral parts of great teams, but skill-wise, I think you'd take either one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: In The Prime Of Their Careers: R. Allen Vs. D. Wade?, K. Garnett Vs. D. Howard?, P. Pierce Vs. Lebron?:
    [QUOTE]Redley34,  If Tim Duncan and KG are a wash to you, then I can only assume that you feel Rainbow Bright could also take Charles Barkley in a game of 1 on 1? Your ignorance is astounding.
    Posted by koberulz[/QUOTE]

Keep your opinons to yourself, Tayshawn.  I have the facts on my side.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

why is nobody looking at:

lohaus vs. acres

stacom vs. carlisle

finkel vs. kite

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]why is nobody looking at: lohaus vs. acres stacom vs. carlisle finkel vs. kite
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Stacom was my very first autograph but Carlisle would rip him up.

Finkel only had one or two moves...but Kite had none.  Finkel wins.

Lohaous would DESTROY Acres.  Dude had a jump shot and hops to boot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In The Prime Of Their Careers: R. Allen Vs. D. Wade?, K. Garnett Vs. D. Howard?, P. Pierce Vs. Lebron? : Stacom was my very first autograph but Carlisle would rip him up. Finkel only had one or two moves...but Kite had none.  Finkel wins. Lohaous would DESTROY Acres.  Dude had a jump shot and hops to boot.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

ironically, my very first slab of memorabilia as a fairly wee lad was three 8 x 10 photos, still have them- 1) kevin stacom 2) tom boswell 3) cedric maxwell wearing #30.  i think we got them for being season ticket holders, don't think they came in the glob.  stacom was fridgin awful.

not sure on acres v. lohaus- acres did have a little bit of inside game whereas lohaus didn't do much, just a bleached brad sellers bombing from the corner.  for my money, if you're 6-11, i'd rather have you inside. 

but they both stank.

they all stank and that's the point.  such great comparisons among these immortal stiffs. 

all i have left to say is marcus webb  or junior burrough?  just kiddnig.  another two stiffers.  better more titilating comparison is alaa abdelflabby v. michael smith (from byu).  two flagrant underachievers there. 

at least nobody expected anything from the scrubs i'm comparing.  takes the pressure off of the analysis i think

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

kobe rulz,

I love how you think your good on the internet. LET ME BEAT YOU ONE MORE TIME....Ill make it simple for you....

1. YOUR making the claim that a team of...Kobe,Shaq,horry,fisher...is on par and equal to kg,szerbiac,sam cassel....IS that a fair claim...Its not excuses..But thats like me saying hey lets say whos better last year...THE Packers...or The carolina panthers..So your saying its fair to measure a TEAM who wasnt even close in talent with other teams..Listen to your self...What your saying is wally scerbiac was one of the best players..to play...Thats wrong...If your really mean the twolves and lakers were even as a team..Whent he lakers had the 2 BEST PLAYERS IN THE GAME..in that era...Your saying that you can put THIS YEARS TWOLVES against this years mavs and say they were equal....Ecuse??....What YOUR SAYING ISNT REALITY SON!!!!

2. Dwade vs. allen....Allen is a better shooter...Wade was a allpurpose guard..a hybrid..If your building a team yes I did say wade does more..But if you have a great PG..you dont need wade if you just need shooting...Be a little opn minded stop with your bias son...

3. So your still on the rasho nesterovic was a good a shaq...would kobe win with rasho at center...NOPE!!!!...would no means no win with..kendall gill over robert horry...NOPE......Would no means no win with mike wilks at pg..over derek fisher....NOPE!!!!!!!!....YOUR FORGETTING THE TEAM SON......THE lakers had 2 franchise players...WITH GREAT role players...The wolvs had KG and joe smith...DO YOU REALLY KNOW BASKETBALL....!!! joe smith.....Ask your laker fans would kobe make the wolvs a 60 win team with that talent....NOPE...
    LOL...rasho nesterovic...loll..your schooled and owned.....

4. Paul pierce vs lebron....Lebron had more talent on his teams early in his carrear than paul ever had..Lebron is a better player..but not by much...look at a basketball perspectus where they rate players like lebron who are 90 something while paul is upper 80's...and they say that difference means next to none...

5. look at you your trying to say a player makes a team...which they dont...a team makes a team...lol...rasho nesterovic as good as shaq...thats what your saying...thats why kg never won..rasho was shaq...lol...

6. in regards to 2008...does boston win the title without kg...Does boston win the title without the DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR...KG along with howard are 2 players who controll the defense in the NBA...KG is the heart and soul of the team...Paul is great and so is rey but KG...PLays D...what was kgs rep he played d...and he had better players that kendall gill on his team..but according to you kendall gill was kobe bryant..because both players were all equal and the team never mattered...

7. your done get off the board your owned...

8.ps. for good luck...bill russell 11 rings...red 16 rings.......so that shuts up mr. no means no......BILL RUSSELL...BOOYAAAAAAA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]kobe rulz, I love how you think your good on the internet. LET ME BEAT YOU ONE MORE TIME....Ill make it simple for you.... 1. YOUR making the claim that a team of...Kobe,Shaq,horry,fisher...is on par and equal to kg,szerbiac,sam cassel....IS that a fair claim...Its not excuses..But thats like me saying hey lets say whos better last year...THE Packers...or The carolina panthers..So your saying its fair to measure a TEAM who wasnt even close in talent with other teams..Listen to your self...What your saying is wally scerbiac was one of the best players..to play...Thats wrong...If your really mean the twolves and lakers were even as a team..Whent he lakers had the 2 BEST PLAYERS IN THE GAME..in that era...Your saying that you can put THIS YEARS TWOLVES against this years mavs and say they were equal....Ecuse??....What YOUR SAYING ISNT REALITY SON!!!! 2. Dwade vs. allen....Allen is a better shooter...Wade was a allpurpose guard..a hybrid..If your building a team yes I did say wade does more..But if you have a great PG..you dont need wade if you just need shooting...Be a little opn minded stop with your bias son... 3. So your still on the rasho nesterovic was a good a shaq...would kobe win with rasho at center...NOPE!!!!...would no means no win with..kendall gill over robert horry...NOPE......Would no means no win with mike wilks at pg..over derek fisher....NOPE!!!!!!!!....YOUR FORGETTING THE TEAM SON......THE lakers had 2 franchise players...WITH GREAT role players...The wolvs had KG and joe smith...DO YOU REALLY KNOW BASKETBALL....!!! joe smith.....Ask your laker fans would kobe make the wolvs a 60 win team with that talent....NOPE... LOL...rasho nesterovic...loll..your schooled and owned..... 4. Paul pierce vs lebron....Lebron had more talent on his teams early in his carrear than paul ever had..Lebron is a better player..but not by much...look at a basketball perspectus where they rate players like lebron who are 90 something while paul is upper 80's...and they say that difference means next to none... 5. look at you your trying to say a player makes a team...which they dont...a team makes a team...lol...rasho nesterovic as good as shaq...thats what your saying...thats why kg never won..rasho was shaq...lol... 6. in regards to 2008...does boston win the title without kg...Does boston win the title without the DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR...KG along with howard are 2 players who controll the defense in the NBA...KG is the heart and soul of the team...Paul is great and so is rey but KG...PLays D...what was kgs rep he played d...and he had better players that kendall gill on his team..but according to you kendall gill was kobe bryant..because both players were all equal and the team never mattered... 7. your done get off the board your owned... 8.ps. for good luck...bill russell 11 rings...red 16 rings.......so that shuts up mr. no means no......BILL RUSSELL...BOOYAAAAAAA
    Posted by DoctorCO[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Latrell  Sprewell was also on the team and they also had some other good role players

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIN/2004.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In The Prime Of Their Careers: R. Allen Vs. D. Wade?, K. Garnett Vs. D. Howard?, P. Pierce Vs. Lebron? : ironically, my very first slab of memorabilia as a fairly wee lad was three 8 x 10 photos, still have them- 1) kevin stacom 2) tom boswell 3) cedric maxwell wearing #30.  i think we got them for being season ticket holders, don't think they came in the glob.  stacom was fridgin awful. not sure on acres v. lohaus- acres did have a little bit of inside game whereas lohaus didn't do much, just a bleached brad sellers bombing from the corner.  for my money, if you're 6-11, i'd rather have you inside.  but they both stank. they all stank and that's the point.  such great comparisons among these immortal stiffs.  all i have left to say is marcus webb  or junior burrough?  just kiddnig.  another two stiffers.  better more titilating comparison is alaa abdelflabby v. michael smith (from byu).  two flagrant underachievers there.  at least nobody expected anything from the scrubs i'm comparing.  takes the pressure off of the analysis i think

Michael Smith....  I wanted him to be good so badly.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I was always kind of parial to Darren Tillis myself...lol!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]I was always kind of parial to Darren Tillis myself...lol!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

holy crap was he worthless!!  but you knew nothing in those drafts during our elite years were going to pan out.

i always thought if terry duerod didn't blow out his knee, he might have been a great scoring punch off the bench for a few years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In The Prime Of Their Careers: R. Allen Vs. D. Wade?, K. Garnett Vs. D. Howard?, P. Pierce Vs. Lebron? : holy crap was he worthless!!  but you knew nothing in those drafts during our elite years were going to pan out. i always thought if terry duerod didn't blow out his knee, he might have been a great scoring punch off the bench for a few years.

Bird said Duerod was the best shooter he ever saw.

My favorite bad Celtic of all time has to be Thomas Hamilton though.