Indiana wants Dragic, but trying to lure Celtics in multi-team deal for Rondo.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Indiana wants Dragic, but trying to lure Celtics in multi-team deal for Rondo.

Per hoopshype.

Pacers want a sign and trade for Dragic.   That must be Plan A.

Also just read they are trying to "lure" BOS into a deal with another team to get Rondo.

Can Larry "lure" Danny??

Anyone remember the Red video, where he talked about the pick and roll?

Larry - it's on the guy who's getting screened, he knows if he can fight through it or not.

Danny - I've never heard it that way, I've always heard it was the guy setting the screen'

Larry - SHUT UP, what do you know about defense!!

Classic!!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Indiana wants Dragic, but trying to lure Celtics in multi-team deal for Rondo.

Is this the start of the fire works?

Marc Stein: Whispers are already out there, @Zach Lowe, about Indy trying to pull in Boston to construct some sort of multi-team deal involving Rondo Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

Rumors tagsBoston Celtics, Indiana Pacers, Rajon Rondo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Indiana wants Dragic, but trying to lure Celtics in multi-team deal for Rondo.

The Pacers are reportedly trying to trade for Goran Dragic, so the “multi-team deal involving Rondo” could be an effort to facilitate that move.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Indiana Pacers are reportedly trying to engage the Celtics in a multi-team deal that would involve Rajon Rondo.
    The Pacers have reportedly reached out to the Celtics in an effort to construct a multi-team trade that would presumably land Goran Dragic in Indiana. In the latest incarnation of this rumor, the Suns would land Rondo (who coincidentally drafted him), while the Celtics' proposed return is unclear at the moment. The one thing that is clear is that the Pacers are all-in on a point guard upgrade and George Hill may soon be left without a starting job. Jul. 3 - 11:16 am et

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Phoenix drafted Ennis and TJ Warren - that would be a good start - compensation to Boston for Rondo! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

The Indiana Pacers are reportedly trying to engage the Celtics in a multi-team deal that would involve Rajon Rondo.
    The Pacers have reportedly reached out to the Celtics in an effort to construct a multi-team trade that would presumably land Goran Dragic in Indiana. In the latest incarnation of this rumor, the Suns would land Rondo (who coincidentally drafted him), while the Celtics' proposed return is unclear at the moment. The one thing that is clear is that the Pacers are all-in on a point guard upgrade and George Hill may soon be left without a starting job. Jul. 3 - 11:16 am et

Don't worry about what the Cs return will be.

Lets get Rondo into a Suns uni... and we can work out the incidentals later.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Don't worry about what the Cs return will be.

Lets get Rondo into a Suns uni... and we can work out the incidentals later.

Pud

Back to the team that initially drafted him! Full circle!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Come on, you guys really think the Suns will replace Dragic with Rondo?

No way!

It's not what we think it is what DA, Larry, and the Suns GM think! It certainly reads like they are discussing the possibility!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Can we throw in Uncle Jeff to the deal?  I'm all for taking back Hill and Warren in the deal.  Hill can be the starter until Smart is ready..........don't care about his contract, we'll have 4 guards for 4 years at 8, 8 rookie scale, rookie scale.............I'll take it.  Plug Warren in the 3 hole, and let the fun begin!

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Before anyone gets excited or doesn’t read this correctly, the Pacers’ target is Dragic. Period. End of story. Rondo comes in as the wild card here; Marc Stein did not specify (and still hasn’t) about exactly where Rondo would fit, but context clues suggest he may end up with the Phoenix Suns to replace Dragic alongside Eric Bledsoe, who would be moved to shooting guard in that scenario.

Bledsoe is not a true point guard; everybody knows that, including him. Putting him at the two with Rondo handling the ball would be great for the Suns if they move Dragic. Of course, Phoenix could also just be wanting to acquire Rondo’s expiring contract in order to make a run at Kevin Love, Al Jefferson, LaMarcus Aldridge or any of the other big-name free agents in 2015.

Either way, the increasing rumors and reports of Rondo being moved this offseason can’t be ignored, especially when he’s now being included in talks for his expiring contract. That only increases the number of teams that could acquire him, regardless of what the Pacers, Suns and/or any other team does to truly improve its roster for a title run in 2014-15.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Back to the thread - I still think IND is a good spot for Rondo.  Lance is finding his market very cold, and I think Larry may tell him to P.ss off!  I'd take Hill and Mahinmi from IND, why the heck not?  This contract thing will be a distraction the whole year................I love Rondo, but he's got to go now.

Smart, Hill, Young and Bradley....with Pressey, is a fine backcourt.  Sully and Oly are fine.  Mahinmi, with Fav and Anthony would be serviceable..........keep Hump?

Trade Green and Bass by the deadline, and I'm happy!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Back to the thread - I still think IND is a good spot for Rondo.  Lance is finding his market very cold, and I think Larry may tell him to P.ss off!  I'd take Hill and Mahinmi from IND, why the heck not?  This contract thing will be a distraction the whole year................I love Rondo, but he's got to go now.

Smart, Hill, Young and Bradley....with Pressey, is a fine backcourt.  Sully and Oly are fine.  Mahinmi, with Fav and Anthony would be serviceable..........keep Hump?

Not enough compensation for Rondo and his expiring contract! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Indy should take rondo.

George Hill is really a 2. He's a shooter. Then they can let Lance walk and save the $$$

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Not enough compensation for Rondo and his expiring contract! 

[object HTMLDivElement]

I think the expiring contract, in this case, is a detriment.  If he signs THEN we trade him, I agree with you.  But Larry would be giving up 2 good players for a guy who may not be with him after this year.  And, a guy coming back from a major injury.

I think, like I said, I'll take it at this stage!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Hill and Mahinmi?

You're kidding, right?

I'll pass!

Rather get some assets from the Kings than those empty suits.

[object HTMLDivElement]

No, I'm not kidding......the number of teams is dwindling.  If we keep him, fine.  But if we are going to trade him, I think the sooner the better.  This is a very good offer, and there is no one on the Kings I really want (that they would give us).  I want no part of Josh Smith, but I'd take Monroe.  Perhaps that could be a 3 team deal.  Monroe won't sign with DET if Smith is on the team.  He said he'll opt in to his 1 yr deal, and leave next year. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts