Indicator

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Indicator

KGLove, Ray Allen's numbers tonight, 16 points on 6-15 FGs and 2-8 3pt FGs, wasn't enough for a Celtic win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I know, i'm the one that pointed it out to you, however PP had the last 2 shots he missed both 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Indicator:
    I know, i'm the one that pointed it out to you, however PP had the last 2 shots he missed both 
    Posted by KGLove

True. Pierce missed Celtics lost. Can't win 'em all. 

I have the Celtics going 11-5 or 10-6 for the month of January. If the Celtics end up 13-3 or 12-4 I would be so happy that I was wrong on my prediction. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

ESPN's version of the "indicator"

5. Ray Allen

The sweet-shooting veteran guard needs to make only 24 more 3-pointers to pass Reggie Miller for the NBA record for career 3-pointers. The way Allen is shooting, that is a foregone conclusion.

But here's what's hard to understand: Why can't Allen get off even more shots? He's shooting a career best in both 2-point and 3-point percentage. Yet there seem to be too many games in which his teammates forget he's out there. How could he play 39 minutes against Charlotte and get only seven shots? He had only eight in 37 minutes against Detroit; both of those were close games.

Another Allen factoid: When he scores big, the Celtics win. Boston is 12-0 when Allen scores 20 or more. (Curiously, when he scores 19, the Celtics are 2-3.) But here's another number that is even more critical: 43. That's the number of games the Celtics have played and that's the number of games Allen has played. Neither he nor Paul Pierce has missed a game this season. Think Doc Rivers would like to see that trend continue over the second half?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

This indicator means nothing...absolutely nothing!!

You're looking for something that isn't there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

This indicator means nothing...absolutely nothing!! You're looking for something that isn't there.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Tell me, am I lying when I say the Celtics HAVE NOT LOST A GAME when Ray scores 20 or more in a game?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

They also haven't lost a game when they get 25 or more assists.

They also don't lose when Rondo gets more than 10 pts, 15 assts.

They also haven't lost a game when I sit on my couch and scratch my ballzz 3 times.

I mean really??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

They also haven't lost a game when they get 25 or more assists. They also don't lose when Rondo gets more than 10 pts, 15 assts. They also haven't lost a game when I sit on my couch and scratch my ballzz 3 times. I mean really??
    Posted by BiasLewis

So why don't you make your own indicator then. I'm not forcing you to agree with my indicator.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I did about a month ago.

I've always said when the C's get 25+ assists they are pretty much unbeatable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I did about a month ago. I've always said when the C's get 25+ assists they are pretty much unbeatable.
    Posted by BiasLewis

If that's the case then why don't you revive your thread. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Why, I can usually tell how a game is going by how many assists we have. I don't look at points by one player. If we have 20 assists by half time I'm feeling good.

There may be a game where RA doesn't score alot but if everyone is scoring this team is better off. It also means the ball is moving.

You have your indicator I have mine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Why, I can usually tell how a game is going by how many assists we have. I don't look at points by one player. If we have 20 assists by half time I'm feeling good. There may be a game where RA doesn't score alot but if everyone is scoring this team is better off. It also means the ball is moving. You have your indicator I have mine.
    Posted by BiasLewis

The difference is I don't say your indicator "means nothing". 

You said my indicator means nothing, right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

This indicator means nothing...absolutely nothing!! You're looking for something that isn't there.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Tell me Bias, am I lying when I say the Celtics haven't lost a game when Ray scores 20 or more in a game?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Fine, if that makes you feel good. What's going to happen when the indicator no longer indicates wins?? Then what are you goiing to post??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

They also haven't lost a game when they get 25 or more assists. They also don't lose when Rondo gets more than 10 pts, 15 assts. They also haven't lost a game when I sit on my couch and scratch my ballzz 3 times. I mean really??
    Posted by BiasLewis

Its as if people have not heard of cause and effect - maybe the Cs winning results in Ray scoring 20 - how many have they won when Ray didn't score 20?

I think they are 33 and 10 when Von Wafer was on the roster.  They are 33 and 10 since Perkins hurt his knee.

Rondo had 4 points the other night and they won by 30 against Utah and then he had 13 and they lost to Washington.......

It is amazing to me that people cannot somehow come to grips with the fact that there are other teams in the league and the other teams actually have players and coaches and on any given night there are good and bad match ups.  So one night Ray has a clear advantage and also happens to be shooting the ball well.  They would win anyway and coincidentally Ray has at least 20.

Ray is a great player and as a result of keeping himself in tremendous shape over the long run he will very soon break a record that 40 years ago there was no stat for.  Not to take anything away from Ray but to suggest that somehow if Ray scores 20 they will win is simply preposterous.  It is the other way around.  They are going to win and coincidentally Ray has 20.

If Ray takes the Antoine Walker financial management course he may end up driving a bus but he sure as heck ain't driving this bus.

I believe there was a season not too long ago where Pierce averaged 25 points per game and they won about 35 games - great indicator.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Fine, if that makes you feel good. What's going to happen when the indicator no longer indicates wins?? Then what are you goiing to post??
    Posted by BiasLewis

That's because you're not doing research. You're dumb as an ox. 

As I stated before, the indicator is for Celtic losses, not Celtic wins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics lost to the Suns and when I looked at the box score Ray Allen only had 8 points.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

The Celtics lost to the Suns and when I looked at the box score Ray Allen only had 8 points.
    Posted by P34

Even though Ray Allen is considered one of the best shooters in the NBA, if not the best, when the shots are not falling for Ray it's like he's taken out of the game. Tonight, against the Suns, he had 4 turnovers because he tried to do too much. When he tried to dribble and go baseline he stepped out of bounds. Even his passes led to turnovers tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

ESPN's version of the "indicator" http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/columns/story?columnist=may_peter&id=6051477 5.  Ray Allen The sweet-shooting veteran guard needs to make only 24 more 3-pointers to pass  Reggie Miller  for the NBA record for career 3-pointers. The way Allen is shooting, that is a foregone conclusion.   But here's what's hard to understand: Why can't Allen get off even more shots? He's shooting a career best in both 2-point and 3-point percentage. Yet there seem to be too many games in which his teammates forget he's out there. How could he play 39 minutes against Charlotte and get only seven shots? He had only eight in 37 minutes against Detroit; both of those were close games.   Another Allen factoid: When he scores big, the Celtics win. Boston is 12-0 when Allen scores 20 or more. (Curiously, when he scores 19, the Celtics are 2-3.) But here's another number that is even more critical: 43. That's the number of games the Celtics have played and that's the number of games Allen has played. Neither he nor  Paul Pierce  has missed a game this season. Think Doc Rivers would like to see that trend continue over the second half?
    Posted by P34

When I read the article, I couldn't have agreed more.  I've been saying since the championship year, that whenever Ray has a good game, the Celts are near-to-impossible to beat. 

When his shot is going, the court is wide open and makes the game that much more easy for the rest of his Celtics pals. 
    Teams will gameplan just to stop Ray, (Orlando, for example in an article I read, admitted to this P34's indicator as a fact, 'cause they know if Ray struggles, the Celtics will also.

Jesus Shuttlesworth needs only 18 more 3s for the most 3s in NBA HISTORY....WOOOOOTT!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics finally lost a game where Ray had 20 or more points and 3 or more 3-pointers made.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I told you don't put too much on that "indicator". LMAO!

You ready to go along with my indicator of 25+ assists and we are going to win almost 95% of the time??

The C's had 22 assists tonight. 1 more assist and they win this game. 5 more assists and the game is over with 3 mins to go.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I told you don't put too much on that "indicator". LMAO! You ready to go along with my indicator of 25+ assists and we are going to win almost 95% of the time?? The C's had 22 assists tonight. 1 more assist and they win this game. 5 more assists and the game is over with 3 mins to go.
    Posted by BiasLewis

The Celtics beat the Kings and the Celtics didn't have 25 assists in that game.

I told you, Bias, my indicator is for Celtic losses, not Celtic wins. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

The Celtics finally lost a game where Ray had 20 or more points and 3 or more 3-pointers made.
    Posted by P34

SO this post can be killed and buried now

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Indicator : SO this post can be killed and buried now
    Posted by KGLove

Not necessarily. If it's 90% accurate then it still is a good indicator. I mean out of 49 games it has been wrong only once.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Indicator : The Celtics beat the Kings and the Celtics didn't have 25 assists in that game. I told you, Bias, my indicator is for Celtic losses, not Celtic wins.  
    Posted by P34

Well then it really makes no sense. YOu keep trying to want us to believe this stat has relevance but it doesn't.

If we win every game that RA scores over 20 then what happens when he scores 20 and we lose?? Dumb stat!! LOL

Sections
Shortcuts