Indicator

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Indicator

In Response to Re: Indicator:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indicator : Well then it really makes no sense. YOu keep trying to want us to believe this stat has relevance but it doesn't. If we win every game that RA scores over 20 then what happens when he scores 20 and we lose?? Dumb stat!! LOL
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

How do you explain the Celtics winning against the Kings when the Celtics didn't get 25 assists, dumb Bias?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indicator : How do you explain the Celtics winning against the Kings when the Celtics didn't get 25 assists, dumb Bias?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

This means you've never understood my point about the assists. I said when THEY GET MORE THAN 25 assists they are pretty much unbeatable....and they are check it out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indicator : This means you've never understood my point about the assists. I said when THEY GET MORE THAN 25 assists they are pretty much unbeatable....and they are check it out.

The Celtics have 19 games with more than 25 assists. While it's true that they're unbeaten when they have more than 25 assists in a game, the problem is 19 is only half of the Celtics total wins of 37 right now. There are 18 games the Celtics won without them needing more than 25 assists to win. In other words, Bias, more than 25 assists only means 50% chance of winning. 

My indicator has been right 11 out of 12 times. Out of the 12 Celtic losses there has only been one time the Celtics lost and Ray got 20 or more points in that game. That means my indicator is 90% accurate. 

It's simple, Bias, the Celtics have 37 wins as of today. The Celtics got more than 25 assists in each of those 19 wins, but what about the other 18 wins, what was the key to winning the other 18 games?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

You're looking at it wrong. Since you're doing research. Find out how many games the C's LOST when they had over 25 assists.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]You're looking at it wrong. Since you're doing research. Find out how many games the C's LOST when they had over 25 assists.

That's because you're having a hard time understanding what you're reading. Again, the Celtics have 37 wins as of today, the Celtics got more than 25 assists in 19 of those 37 wins. What about the other 18 wins, what led the Celtics to victory in 18 of those 37 games?

Is it really that hard to understand that my indicator is for Celtic losses and not Celtic wins? 11 out of the 12 Celtic losses Ray fails to score 20 points and the Celtics end up losing. That's 90% accuracy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Find out how many games the C's LOST when they had over 25 assists.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Find out how many games the C's LOST when they had over 25 assists.

Getting more than 25 assists in one game means the team is having an exceptional game. It's not easy getting more than 25 assists per game, in fact the Celtics are not even averaging 25 assists per game. But if you really want it to be your indicator then why not make a thread about it. If you don't agree with my indicator it's cool. Just don't say that it's a dumb stat. 

I'm not dumb enough to say that Argentina is in Europe.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

P34, just look it up. Why do I need to start a thread? LOL!

So now you want to say getting 25 assists is an exceptional game but then point out that they only had 19 wins when they had more than 25 assists. You will twist your argument to make yourself sound right all the time.

25 Assists is not an exceptional game. That's only 50 points...come on now.

Look it up or are you scared to find out I'm right. Find out how many games the C's LOST when they had over 25 assists.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The most 25 assists could be is 70 points if they were all 3's.

It means it's good ball movement combined with a team leading the league in FG% those two are stats are deadly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34, just look it up. Why do I need to start a thread? LOL! So now you want to say getting 25 assists is an exceptional game but then point out that they only had 19 wins when they had more than 25 assists. You will twist your argument to make yourself sound right all the time. 25 Assists is not an exceptional game. That's only 50 points...come on now. Look it up or are you scared to find out I'm right. Find out how many games the C's LOST when they had over 25 assists.

You say getting more than 25 assists will result in a Celtics win, I agree! 

The problem is why do you have to say that my indicator is a dumb stat? You are disrespecting me by saying that. I have no problem if you don't agree with my indicator, I'm not forcing you to believe what I say. It's just my opinion.

Signing Mikki Moore or trading BBD, now that's dumb!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indicator : Not necessarily. If it's 90% accurate then it still is a good indicator. I mean out of 49 games it has been wrong only once.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

3 times actually

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indicator : 3 times actually
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Nope. I checked the first time the Celtics lost when Ray had 20 points or more was against the Mavs. The 2nd time the Cs lost when Ray had 20 or more was last night against the Bobcats. 

Don't worry, if the indicator falls below 80% I won't be using it anymore. Right now it's still at 96%, 49 out of 51 games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indicator : Nope. I checked the first time the Celtics lost when Ray had 20 points or more was against the Mavs. The 2nd time the Cs lost when Ray had 20 or more was last night against the Bobcats.  Don't worry, if the indicator falls below 80% I won't be using it anymore. Right now it's still at 96%, 49 out of 51 games.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Actually I don't think anyone wants to see it anymore

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indicator : Actually I don't think anyone wants to see it anymore
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

It's unfortunate I can't delete the thread. 

Don't worry, the indicator will just die a natural death.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indicator : It's unfortunate I can't delete the thread.  Don't worry, the indicator will just die a natural death.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

-

I like the indicator. 

It's been a well known indicator for some time now, and I believe that is part of the reason that Ray is being used differently this season than the previous seasons.

I don't care if it's 95% or 85% I believe it will remain a relevant statistic.

Last night the C's tried to ride Ray to victory as he was the only one playing like a consummate professional, but even Ray's legs gave out in the 4th.

But I suspect that when Ray goes over 20 pts. some other things are happening that may also be quantifiable having to do with ball movement.

For instance, how many assists do the C's average in games where Ray goes for 20 or more?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indicator : - I like the indicator.  It's been a well known indicator for some time now, and I believe that is part of the reason that Ray is being used differently this season than the previous seasons. I don't care if it's 95% or 85% I believe it will remain a relevant statistic. Last night the C's tried to ride Ray to victory as he was the only one playing like a consummate professional, but even Ray's legs gave out in the 4th. But I suspect that when Ray goes over 20 pts. some other things are happening that may also be quantifiable having to do with ball movement. For instance, how many assists do the C's average in games where Ray goes for 20 or more?
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

If Ray scores 20 or more usually the Celtics, as a team, get 20 or more assists also.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Don't try and piggyback off of my 25 assist indicator. Have some dignity and realize your indicator is shot and means nothing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Don't try and piggyback off of my 25 assist indicator. Have some dignity and realize your indicator is shot and means nothing.

If it means nothing then why do keep posting here, on this thread?

Are you insecure that I have my own thread and you don't?

If this thread means nothing then why is it 7 pages long already?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indicator : If it means nothing then why do keep posting here, on this thread? Are you insecure that I have my own thread and you don't? If this thread means nothing then why is it 7 pages long already?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

-

Maybe Bias/Lewis is biased becasued he's lewising the indicator battle.  LoL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

20 points 3 3's #justsayin

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]20 points 3 3's #justsayin
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

You're really not going to let this one go, huh?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

It's still a very valid, telling indicator of Celtic success.  Ever heard of probability?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

49 out of 52 is 94%. Just sayin!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

48 #JustSayin

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]48 #JustSayin
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

49, Mavs, Bobcats, and Lakers.

What game did Ray Allen score at least 20 points and the Celtics end up losing, besides the Mavs, Bobcats, and Lakers? 

Sections
Shortcuts