Injuries got us again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Injuries got us again

Just to put things in perspective with Bradley now offically out for the season 
    we've just had our Fourth Season ending surgery. 

On top of that we have two more players Allen and Pietrius who need surgery but are putting it off. Paul Pierce has a sprained MCL, Steamer's foot problems are worse and so on and so on.

I think our chance at banner 18 is gone. it's too bad because if Bradley was healthy and Pierce were healthy I'd like our chances against the heat.

Bradley would have given Wade fits. Now Ray Allen on a bad wheel will be guarding him. Not good (assuming we beat the 76ers.)

Oh and alot of our problems have been with young guys getting hurt, so this wasn't just age.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Injuries got us again

True points, but you just never know. Other teams could get injuries too. The Cs will keep fighting and we will keep supporting and watching.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Injuries got us again:
    [QUOTE]Just to put things in perspective with Bradley now offically out for the season  we've just had our Fourth Season ending surgery.  On top of that we have two more players Allen and Pietrius who need surgery but are putting it off. Paul Pierce has a sprained MCL, Steamer's foot problems are worse and so on and so on. I think our chance at banner 18 is gone. it's too bad because if Bradley was healthy and Pierce were healthy I'd like our chances against the heat. Bradley would have given Wade fits. Now Ray Allen on a bad wheel will be guarding him. Not good (assuming we beat the 76ers.)   Oh and alot of our problems have been with young guys getting hurt, so this wasn't just age.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

It is very unfortunate that the Celtics had all of these injuries.  Currently the season ending injury to Bradley is the most significant. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

Premature to be talking about the heat - we still haven't gotten past the 6ers. No idea which Celtic team (good or bad?) will show up Sat.
    But assuming if we play the heat, all we need to do is shut down 2 guys, DWade and Lebron and we should be ok.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

Injuries are part of the game, and they happen to every team. I actually feel better now about beating the Heat (granted we beat the 76ers tomorrow) then i did at the beginning of this series. Pierce looks like he is still in pain but can play through it and is putting up better numbers then he did in the last couple games last series. In this round, the heat lost bosh and the celtics lost bradley. in my opinion bosh is more key to the heat beating us then bradley was to us beating the heat

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" True points, but you just never know. Other teams could get injuries too. The Cs will keep fighting and we will keep supporting and watching."

Well put antiqueman - will keep cheering till the end even if we know we're up against it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

2011-12 Season Ending 'Injuries':

Green (Heart): could have been caught when they traded for him. Boston has plenty of time to trade for somebody up until the trade deadline.

Wilcox (Heart): could have been caught with an examination before he was signed.

JON: Has had many ailments for years, well before he was signed by Boston.

Bradley: Possibly preventable injury. Reaching in to steal the ball instead of playing face to face defense adds to shoulder problems.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Injuries got us again:
    [QUOTE]" True points, but you just never know. Other teams could get injuries too. The Cs will keep fighting and we will keep supporting and watching." Well put antiqueman - will keep cheering till the end even if we know we're up against it. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. And if they get to the next series vs the Heat, they should be considered the underdog, and that may be to their advantage as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]2011-12 Season Ending 'Injuries': Green (Heart): could have been caught when they traded for him. Boston has plenty of time to trade for somebody up until the trade deadline. Wilcox (Heart): could have been caught with an examination before he was signed. JON: Has had many ailments for years, well before he was signed by Boston. Bradley: Possibly preventable injury. Reaching in to steal the ball instead of playing face to face defense adds to shoulder problems.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

The Thunder didn't pick up Green's condition nor did the Piston's ctch Chris Wilcox's. and I'm not sure what evidence you have to suggest it should have been caught prior to when it was. Sounds like you are just talking out of backside.

Your Bradley point is beyond dumb as every player in the league goes for steals on occasion.  In fact your only valid point was in regards to JO. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Just an awful string of luck and PAINFUL memories there:

'08 - None - Champions

'09 - KG - misses season from Feb on, robs league of great '08 finals rematch

'10 - Ray - Artest dirty play leaves him with no lift, loses ability to hit 3's, otherwise finals is over in 5, Perk - down early in game 6, otherwise C's close out series in 6 or 7 (KG can kinda be thrown in here as well, as he is now fully recovered and showing that he is a 19/11 in the playoffs nat age 36 when he was a 15/7 then at 34 w/ a bothersome knee) obviously we would have overcome all those and STILL been champs if one of two most crooked officated games ever had to happen (will never understand why Stern wanted to reward arrogant thugs and a classless fake smiling selfish 6-24 star over a blue collar underdog playing with heart and guts and 3 of the classiest future HOfers the last 20 years has produced)

'11 - Perk misses 1st half, foolishly traded b/c Shaq was supposed to return, he never does, Jermaine missed middle 60% of season, Rondo's elbow dislocated on dirty play by Wade allowing Heat frontrunners to celebrate like they won the title when they win a 2nd round series. A Celtics team with a healthy Perk/Rondo, Danny keeping TA and either '10 Shaq (22 mins 11 pts 5.5 rebs played in all playoff games) or Jermaine with his surgery performed earlier (why did they wait??) would have landed us a title.

'12 - PP to start the year, Ray to end it, Peaches concussion and now knees and the new young/fun SG that made us one of the 3 best teams post-all star break who could beat Miami TWICE at the end of the year, is now out for all of the playoffs... not to mention the TWO heart surgeries and TWO trades that fell through that would have improved us.

UGH!

What a string of BS

Refs cost us 1 title sure

But injuries (obv 80% of it) and some bad luck/Danny decisions (like 20% of it) cost us probably two, maybe three more titles.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, we have had no luck.  Someone said every team has injuries and that's true.  But, NO team has had the number of season injuries to important players that we have had.  Its just not meant to be.

However, until we lose, I'll continue to have a little bit of hope.  Remember that in the beginning of the season, MANY people said the C's would lose in the first round and almost no one thought they'd go past the first round (Which I think they are about to do).   Without just one or two of those injuries, I think we'd go to the NBA finals.   

As for tonight - I have seen this team fight and fight hard in situations like this.  I don't think they'll lose tonight.  I think its a Miami vs Boston ECF.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, we have had no luck.  Someone said every team has injuries and that's true.  But, NO team has had the number of season injuries to important players that we have had.  Its just not meant to be. However, until we lose, I'll continue to have a little bit of hope.  Remember that in the beginning of the season, MANY people said the C's would lose in the first round and almost no one thought they'd go past the first round (Which I think they are about to do).   Without just one or two of those injuries, I think we'd go to the NBA finals.    As for tonight - I have seen this team fight and fight hard in situations like this.  I don't think they'll lose tonight.  I think its a Miami vs Boston ECF.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

You mean tomorrow night.  The Celtics don't play tonight. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Premature to be talking about the heat - we still haven't gotten past the 6ers. No idea which Celtic team (good or bad?) will show up Sat. But assuming if we play the heat, all we need to do is shut down 2 guys, DWade and Lebron and we should be ok.
    Posted by sk8brd[/QUOTE]
    That's all we have to do? good luck with that one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Just an awful string of luck and PAINFUL memories there: '08 - None - Champions '09 - KG - misses season from Feb on, robs league of great '08 finals rematch '10 - Ray - Artest dirty play leaves him with no lift, loses ability to hit 3's, otherwise finals is over in 5, Perk - down early in game 6, otherwise C's close out series in 6 or 7 (KG can kinda be thrown in here as well, as he is now fully recovered and showing that he is a 19/11 in the playoffs nat age 36 when he was a 15/7 then at 34 w/ a bothersome knee) obviously we would have overcome all those and STILL been champs if one of two most crooked officated games ever had to happen (will never understand why Stern wanted to reward arrogant thugs and a classless fake smiling selfish 6-24 star over a blue collar underdog playing with heart and guts and 3 of the classiest future HOfers the last 20 years has produced) '11 - Perk misses 1st half, foolishly traded b/c Shaq was supposed to return, he never does, Jermaine missed middle 60% of season, Rondo's elbow dislocated on dirty play by Wade allowing Heat frontrunners to celebrate like they won the title when they win a 2nd round series. A Celtics team with a healthy Perk/Rondo, Danny keeping TA and either '10 Shaq (22 mins 11 pts 5.5 rebs played in all playoff games) or Jermaine with his surgery performed earlier (why did they wait??) would have landed us a title. '12 - PP to start the year, Ray to end it, Peaches concussion and now knees and the new young/fun SG that made us one of the 3 best teams post-all star break who could beat Miami TWICE at the end of the year, is now out for all of the playoffs... not to mention the TWO heart surgeries and TWO trades that fell through that would have improved us. UGH! What a string of BS Refs cost us 1 title sure But injuries (obv 80% of it) and some bad luck/Danny decisions (like 20% of it) cost us probably two, maybe three more titles.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    Let us please leave the officiating out of this? They err as much for us as they do for them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Injuries got us again : Let us please leave the officiating out of this? They err as much for us as they do for them.
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES[/QUOTE]

us as in who? LA? No freaking chance

Sections
Shortcuts