Inside Doc's head

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Inside Doc's head

When Ray Allen is ready to play again, will Doc start him and bench Bradley or bring Ray off the bench as 6th man?
    I like the 6th man idea, but I think Doc will stick to his old ways.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Inside Doc's head

No question, doc will start Ray.

Old ways prevail.

Hands down.

Every time.

Seniority!

Out of respect... RayRay is a future HOFer.

Stupido question.

No brainer.

Why even ask?

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Inside Doc's head:
    [QUOTE]No question, doc will start Ray. Old ways prevail. Hands down. Every time. Seniority! Out of respect... RayRay is a future HOFer. Stupido question.   No brainer. Why even ask? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    So, I'll take that as a vote for Ray, eh?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

It's probably best for the team to use Ray with the second team. Keeps him fresher, and with some legit scoring on the second team, they can stay out there longer, meaning your starters stay fresher too, plus Ray would still get quality minutes. On top of that, I think it's best for the club to get a good mix of the kids and the old guys on the floor at the same time, helps the kids develop, and you get a mix of experience and fresh legs out there at all times. That way the opponant can't exploit one of those weaknesses over and over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

That being said, Doc will probably start Ray.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc starts Ray if for no other reason than Doc is hard headed and only knows one way.

I think Ray is better as a starter anyway.. The more time he's on the court with the starters and  Rondo, the more likely he'll get set up for his jumper.  If we cant set him right right, his value drops huge.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Inside Doc's head : So, I'll take that as a vote for Ray, eh?
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

You asked what doc will do.... and I gave you my take on what doc will do.

You didn't ask what Coach Pud would do.

I'll keep you in suspense while I await a drum roll and the tension/excitement builds.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Inside Doc's head : You asked what doc will do.... and I gave you my take on what doc will do. You didn't ask what Coach Pud would do. I'll keep you in suspense while I await a drum roll and the tension/excitement builds. Pud

DOC starts AB, Ray 6th-man. Ray could've palyed this last game, but the over cautious approach was simply to give the kid a chace to seal the deal. HE DID. AB gives the C's a more dynamic scorer, incredible ball-on defender, and speed that absolutely kills when combined with Rondo. You are an idiot who wants to hate on DOC if you really believe that DOC, Danny, and most importantly, Ray Ray don't know that this is the best scenario fo the C's 2012 life!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Inside Doc's head : DOC starts AB, Ray 6th-man. Ray could've palyed this last game, but the over cautious approach was simply to give the kid a chace to seal the deal. HE DID. AB gives the C's a more dynamic scorer, incredible ball-on defender, and speed that absolutely kills when combined with Rondo. You are an idiot who wants to hate on DOC if you really believe that DOC, Danny, and most importantly, Ray Ray don't know that this is the best scenario fo the C's 2012 life!
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

Knowing is the easy part.... but doing is a much harder part.

The intentions are good... the execution far less so.

If Doc starts Ray, something I predict based on past behavior.... then who's the idiot? Who's the hater?

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DOC is a smart man, Bradley starts and Ray becomes the 6th man !!!!  A no brainer !!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Everyone keeps talking about who starts and not about minutes.  If Dooling and Sasha get cut out of the rotation when Ray comes back its a three guard rotation and they all get minutes.

Everyone seems too concerned with controversy to figure this out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Doc starts Ray if for no other reason than Doc is hard headed and only knows one way. I think Ray is better as a starter anyway.. The more time he's on the court with the starters and  Rondo, the more likely he'll get set up for his jumper.  If we cant set him right right, his value drops huge.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I do think Doc is hard headed but not because he knows only one way.  He's adapted with small ball (and many criticized him for it but its working now), with different players in backup positions, with BBD as a center at times, with multiple lineup changes, with religiously limiting KG's minutes, etc.  He even talked about the fact he thought about Ray off the bench but wanted him playing with Rondo more because Ray doesn't get his own shot.  So, he knows how to adapt.

If he's going to start Ray, however, he needs to push Ray to cut more and to run other plays rather than the one Ray has to run around the court from side to side.  I think Doc's too stubborn in having them run that play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone keeps talking about who starts and not about minutes.  If Dooling and Sasha get cut out of the rotation when Ray comes back its a three guard rotation and they all get minutes. Everyone seems too concerned with controversy to figure this out.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

The reason its a debate about who starts is that fans are worried about how the team STARTS the game....falling behind and lethargic or energetic on D and building a lead.   Most here think Bradley will bring better D and the team will run more.   Its not that folks don't want Ray to play lots of minutes nor finish the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In Response to Inside Doc's head:
    [QUOTE]When Ray Allen is ready to play again, will Doc start him and bench Bradley or bring Ray off the bench as 6th man? I like the 6th man idea, but I think Doc will stick to his old ways.

This is a no brainer. Allen as the sixth man off the bench. The problem is that DOC is a no brainer. Get the pun?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

[QUOTE]Doc starts Ray if for no other reason than Doc is hard headed and only knows one way. I think Ray is better as a starter anyway.. The more time he's on the court with the starters and  Rondo, the more likely he'll get set up for his jumper.  If we cant set him right right, his value drops huge.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

So tell me.....why are the Celtics doing so much better without Allen? He is no longer better for the team as a starter. The bench needs help. Ray needs to tell Doc to put him in as the sixth man!!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

AB and Rondo together is becoming a thing of beauty. Hence the SVG unending praise about AB cutting without the ball. Rondo has got to loving having another target for his great passes. I mean seriously:what pass do you think excites RR more: The 3 point setup for RA which is nice when he's hot and making them left and right, or the thread the needle pass on the baseline to a cutting Bradley? I know, they are both nice, and there is nothing trivial about RAfighting through screens to get to his open spot, but you have got to love seeing AB score under the basket.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Inside Doc's head : You asked what doc will do.... and I gave you my take on what doc will do. You didn't ask what Coach Pud would do. I'll keep you in suspense while I await a drum roll and the tension/excitement builds. Pud
    Coach Pud.
    Was that an earthquake I just felt or only waves of trepidation sweeping across the front burner board.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Inside Doc's head : Coach Pud. Was that an earthquake I just felt or only waves of trepidation sweeping across the front burner board.

That may have been one of Coach Puddinhead's brain fartz. I was napping at the time and don't know for sure.

I go with AB and bring RayRay off the bench. I give both plenty of minutes.

I sit RA down and have a long talk about how much he's meant to the franchise and the importance of having a great 6th man in the finest Frank Ramsey tradition... and how that extends his marvelous career.... and how we expect him to be taking (and making) the big shot when the game is on the line.

Puddinhead

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Maybe Ray returning as a starter isn't as done a deal as most people think.

Would you consider keeping Avery Bradley in the starting lineup when Ray Allen returns?
    "I don't know yet," Rivers said.
    Let's hit the pause button right there. The mere fact that Rivers is noncommittal speaks volumes about Bradley's recent play.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7767072/avery-bradley-making-hard-celtics-coach-doc-rivers

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

DOC normally does what he feels is best for the team. We've all seen what that is these past two weeks. Most of the complaints on these forums are about getting the young guys PT. Its obvious those who look good in spurts arent proving that they have yet learned the system and fail to consistantly execute. AB has done so with incredible success. DOC IS A SMART COACH and knows the C's have played far better with Ray out. DOC knows the truth and has been given the perfect opportunity to make the move without fan backlash and little , if any, resistance from Ray. AB STARTS.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe Ray returning as a starter isn't as done a deal as most people think. Would you consider keeping Avery Bradley in the starting lineup when Ray Allen returns? "I don't know yet," Rivers said. Let's hit the pause button right there. The mere fact that Rivers is noncommittal speaks volumes about Bradley's recent play. http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7767072/avery-bradley-making-hard-celtics-coach-doc-rivers

Weasel words.

doc obviously hasn't sat down with Ray (as Pud has advised) and made the big sell on the importance of following in the Frank Ramsey tradition.

doc knows by now what he needs to do.... but doesn't want  hurt  feelings.

As of right now... RA is starting!

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Inside Doc's head : The reason its a debate about who starts is that fans are worried about how the team STARTS the game....falling behind and lethargic or energetic on D and building a lead.   Most here think Bradley will bring better D and the team will run more.   Its not that folks don't want Ray to play lots of minutes nor finish the game.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Personally I could care less who starts.  It's about total minutes out there.  The beginning of the second quarter is just as important as the beginning of the first.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Inside Doc's head : Personally I could care less who starts.  It's about total minutes out there.  The beginning of the second quarter is just as important as the beginning of the first.

And using that same logic, the beginning (or end) of the 4th is really no more important than the beginning (or end) of the 2nd.

Minutes are minutes.

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Inside Doc's head : Personally I could care less who starts.  It's about total minutes out there.  The beginning of the second quarter is just as important as the beginning of the first.
    I don't agree Snake it does matter. The tone and the mindset of this team has changed with Bradley in there.  The tired sets they ran with Ray were predictable.  One thing that defined the Celtics this year without Bradley was getting off to bad starts.

With Bradley the Celtics have done much better in game starts.  Ray off the bench is a player that can still make a difference. Ray starting is a limited player who depending on the opposing team can be exploited from the start.

Sections
Shortcuts