Insider potential trades..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Insider potential trades..

Even though you may not like many of these trade possibilities, do you really believe that Danny won't make any trades?  I wouldn't be surprised at all if Danny makes at least one small trade to improve this team or maybe a couple of trades.  Although, I am not expecting a blockbuster trade.  Danny may surprise us all and make a blockbuster trade with a few teams involved. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I hate all those deals.

+1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

Even though you may not like many of these trade possibilities, do you really believe that Danny won't make any trades?  I wouldn't be surprised at all if Danny makes at least one small trade to improve this team or maybe a couple of trades.  Although, I am not expecting a blockbuster trade.  Danny may surprise us all and make a blockbuster trade with a few teams involved. 

A trade is different than swapping teams e.g. '78 Buffalo-Boston franchise swap.  Going after a big and now a point shouldn't be cause for a complete blowup of the first 5.  Some players who could go without much if any pain, Bass, Lee, Terry, Collins, and Barbosa wouldn't bring much even with draft choices (Bradley might be attractive to some teams), so why not put all the assets into one basket and try to go after a big, leaving the point by committee, assuming that a serviceable, but not all-star quality (West?),  point could be had?  The Miami game, although just one game, highlighted who carries the Celtics - Pierce at crunch time and Garnett totally controlling the defensive boards from the fourth qtr. through the second OT.  With only a couple of kick-out (and lucky) offensive rebounds, Miami got hosed by Garnett.  Green was big at end, but the crutial work was done by Pierce and Garnett.  There is a rational and sensible way for Ainge to proceed, and I expect that's what he'll do, but not to the extent or as radical as these projected scenarios.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

I think you have to honor the fact that Garnett and Pierce have been loyal to the Celtics for quite a fews. You don't trade either unless it is something that both agree too! Free agents and future players will want to know that you will honor their loyalty to the team. That's where we went wrong with Ray. I know it's business but unless they want to go I wouldn't trade either one. We really have to start looking at the salary cap as it will be brutal in 2014 and beyond if your over the cap for a few years. Let's stick with what we got unless we get an offer that we just can't pass up. We can give it one more shot this year and next and then start to rebuild in 2014 to save us from the cap penalties.

Sections
Shortcuts