Interesting article from the LA Times

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Interesting article from the LA Times

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/701021-la-lakers-the-five-potential-reasons-for-the-lakers-meltdown#/articles/701021-la-lakers-the-five-potential-reasons-for-the-lakers-meltdown/page/6  ...........very well written and explains just what happened to the Lakers...you can scroll back for the start and/or scroll forward for the next article...huge props are given to the Celtics' "heart" and Doc's leadership in the second article

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Interesting article from the LA Times

Great article.  Thanks for posting it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I enjoyed reading an LA columnist who gives our team some props.....complimented the heart of the team and Doc's leadership....nice!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

It aint the LA times and you know it, so why the repetitive lies?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Dummy, this is not LA Times.

Bleacher Report is garbage. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

But a Laker fan is a Laker fan.  And that's who wrote the article regardless of where it appeared.

Duke, thank you for posting this!  It's about time Doc got the credit he deserves for this year.  No other coach accomplished so much under such duress.  And yes, it goes without saying that our players played their hearts out.  Someone on another thread said "courage" is not an appropriate word to describe well-paid professional athletes.  But I beg to differ, especially under circumstances like this where it physically hurt most of these guys just to walk onto the court for months at a time, let alone playing with their eyes on #18 despite all the writing on the wall that it was a long shot.

I only wish to see more of that credit coming from our Boston reporters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Why should we believe he is a Lakers fan?
    This is not journalism.
    This is biased trash.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

So we're going to do background checks on everyone?

I could do the same with certain trolls here who masquerade as Celtics fans, but time is finite and life is short.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with stating an opinion, which is all he's doing.

I know it really hurts to read something you so obviously disagree with, but that's the price of having a 1st ammendment.  Write a rebuttal in the comments section if you're that upset.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Don't post this story from a clown as from the LA Times.
    This is portrayed as a legitimate article.

Read what he says about the Most Unbreakable Record in Sports.
    He lists Phil Jackson's 10 titles.
    Sorry, idiot it is 11. This is how good of a journalist he

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times:
    [QUOTE]Don't post this story from a clown as from the LA Times. This is portrayed as a legitimate article. Read what he says about the Most Unbreakable Record in Sports. He lists Phil Jackson's 10 titles. Sorry, idiot it is 11. This is how good of a journalist he
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

All the semantics talk in the world does not change the big picture. 

Does it hurt that much to hear a Laker fan praise the Celtics?

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for the Lakers, and for the most part their fans here are much more mature than the Heat trolls....

But fans have a right to criticise their own team and praise those they'd like to emulate, right? 

In case you haven't noticed, our own fans do that all the time on this board.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

This is not about praising or bashing one team.
    This is about posting of an opinion being portrayed as a legitimate story from the LA Times.

His opinion is off base anyway.

What he wrote about the Celtics is comical.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

OK, I know the person who started this thread pretty well and can safely say it was a simple mistake on his part.

But you and I both know that's not really why your feathers are ruffled. 

I think the real issue you have is that one of your own IS in fact praising the Celtics.  I know that hurts.  Take a deep breath.  Your Lakers will be back...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Hey guys & gals.....just to set things straight.....I was surfing the LA Times and I came across this article....sorry if I ruffled any feathers....I thought this was an article written by a sportswriter out there....no..? ...then my bad....but really....going back to the unending back and forth fight on this board regarding our franchises and their place in history....didn't that whole debate begin after an LA writer (Hollinger) wrote a piece on why the Lakers are the all time greatest franchise in league history?  ....and then it was posted on this forum by a Laker troll.....and the trolls came in here like the German blitzkrieg.........?

Sorry if I started anything.....but just saying....if Simmons wrote that article and we posted it on the Laker forum....?  ....and then we relentlessly kept it up...  well...isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black.....?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]Why should we believe he is a Lakers fan? This is not journalism. This is biased trash.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

from his bio   

". Harrison is an avid fan of both the Los Angeles Lakers and his hometown Philadelphia 76ers and has been a fan of both for as long as he's been watching basketball. Harrison does his best to remain factual if not completely objective in his articles."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

You should delete the thread or change the title because this is a pathetic attempt to portray this blogger as a journalist from the LA Times.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GnasherRedux. Show GnasherRedux's posts

[QUOTE]You should delete the thread or change the title because this is a pathetic attempt to portray this blogger as a journalist from the LA Times.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]
    Does it seriously bother you that much?

Get over it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Interesting article from the LA Times:
    [QUOTE]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/701021-la-lakers-the-five-potential-reasons-for-the-lakers-meltdown#/articles/701021-la-lakers-the-five-potential-reasons-for-the-lakers-meltdown/page/6   ...........very well written and explains just what happened to the Lakers...you can scroll back for the start and/or scroll forward for the next article...huge props are given to the Celtics' "heart" and Doc's leadership in the second article
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/707365-la-lakers-first-6-orders-of-business-for-new-lakers-head-coach/page/8  

its all about the lakes catching UP to what the celtics have.. HAHAHA!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

The guy that wrote this blog/story is also known as Harold Camping.
    He is a fantasy writer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]The guy that wrote this blog/story is also known as Harold Camping. He is a fantasy writer.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]YEAH, its the end of daysssss for the lakers as well! there only real hope is to hire JEFF VAN GUNDY! HIS PERSONALITY and style of play could work with the lakes. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

Comical Celtic fans!!! Then you guys wonder why we come here and bad mouth you guys. Again Celtic fans want to live in make believe land.  No L.A times writer would give props to this mediocre one championship in four years oranization!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Duke did this on purpose. This is just another example of his twisting of information to show his keltics in a superior light than the Lakers. He is a person without honor as is the keltic franchise. He's gives you the shaft then calls you "my friend". What a snake.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

[QUOTE]Comical Celtic fans!!! Then you guys wonder why we come here and bad mouth you guys. Again Celtic fans want to live in make believe land.  No L.A times writer would give props to this mediocre one championship in four years oranization!!!
    Posted by LALAKERSMAN[/QUOTE]

But plenty of LA Times sports writers were not shy trashing how the Lakers exited the playoffs this year.  Yet it's still denied by plenty of the Laker trolls on this board.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

We know they played horrible and we trashed them on OUR L.A. blogs.  But we Laker fans are here to post on the Celtics and the end of the KG and PunkPierce era!!  Oh thats right the Boston writers were saying the Celtics are done! Bob Ryan, Shaughnessy heard of them!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

[QUOTE]We know they played horrible and we trashed them on OUR L.A. blogs.  But we Laker fans are here to post on the Celtics and the end of the KG and PunkPierce era!!  Oh thats right the Boston writers were saying the Celtics are done! Bob Ryan, Shaughnessy heard of them!!!
    Posted by LALAKERSMAN[/QUOTE]

I think most fans here have come to grips with the fact that, barring an extrememly shrewed move by DA, our window has all but shut.  What's comical is how all you laker trolls still show up here to dis our team like you're hot stuff, considering how we went out versus how embarrasingly and shamefully your team went out. 

Reminds me of that scene in Total Recall when a dude with a deformed face says to Arnold "you've got some nerve showing your face around here" and Arnold says to him "Look who's talking!"

Sections
Shortcuts