Interesting article from the LA Times

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Re: Interesting article from the LA Times

In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times:
    [QUOTE]Duke did this on purpose. This is just another example of his twisting of information to show his keltics in a superior light than the Lakers. He is a person without honor as is the keltic franchise. He's gives you the shaft then calls you "my friend". What a snake.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

You're trolling around here on the board of the most knowledgeable fans in basketball, and Duke is one of the most knowledgeable, objective fans on this board.  You kids should listen and learn from him instead of being disrespectful. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : You're trolling around here on the board of the most knowledgeable fans in basketball, and Duke is one of the most knowledgeable, objective fans on this board.  You kids should listen and learn from him instead of being disrespectful. 
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

I would say SOME of the posters are knowledgeable not all

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Thanks OC....!!  ....man, I guess these kids just don't get it......talk about immaturity...for all we know we could be talking with 10 year olds...based on some of the posts....I think we are.....at least we have some great Laker fans onboard this forum....a shout out to Worthy and jofc....and Elias is ok by me....hell, even QDaddy is a knowledgeable guy.....Martini seems to have disappeared....funny how you can tell who has changed their "names" based on their posts....the names change but we all know who is posting....it is sad in a way.....we are all fans and it can get so ugly....a bunch of sports fans interacting.....and all of the hate....it is really a shame...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

No problem Duke, you've demonstrated your vast knowledge and have obviously been a fan for a long time.  Even though this is a Celtics board I would never be so disrespectful to some of the respectable lakers posters here, such as the ones you mentioned, plus LakersFan67 and even Flobus I can take. (I once thought Q was one of those guys but I don' think so anymore; can't respect a guy who won't own up to how his team conducted themselves in getting swept.)

Yes Dirty, not all are knowledgeable, but I'm willing to bet anything that percentage is much better than that in lala land -home of the most fair weather fans in basketball. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Terrible article by a hack, it lays the final blame on Gasol...  

Kobe is dishing Gasol's private dirt to his complete tart of a wife, ratting him out, but somehow that is Gasol's fault?  

Pau can still go to another team and play power forward at a high level, yeah he's always been soft but the Lakers don't win a ring last season without Pau, a Kendrick Perkins injury and more free throws in the final quarter than the C's got in final three games combined.

Kobe is trash; athletically gifted yes, but the worst teammate a guy could ever have, selfish on the court and off.  

Lakers posters here are right, useless article...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : What's up woz? Kobe, Odom, Bynum, Artest,...they're all trash. Except the last three didn't rape anyone.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

You're just a Kobe hater, you know he didn't rape anyone, he just paid off that girl because her feelings were hurt lol, then his meathead of a wife received a diamond ring the size of a walnut to stay with the back door man. 

Only in Hollywood, it's up there with OJ Simpson on the freeway with a little bit of soap opera thrown in.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]Comical Celtic fans!!! Then you guys wonder why we come here and bad mouth you guys. Again Celtic fans want to live in make believe land.  No L.A times writer would give props to this mediocre one championship in four years oranization!!!
    Posted by LALAKERSMAN[/QUOTE]

Interesting point. Very interesting.

Going on that reckoning, no writer would have given us props for winning the title in 1972?

By your reckoning we would have been one championship in 10 year organisation, seeing we made the finals 7 times between 1964 and 1973. Winning the title once.

It's funny when trolls put down the Lakers to score 'points' against a team they're trying to denigrate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : Sorry, Kobe raped that girl. "Her feeling were hurt"???
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Out of Court settlement = Admission of guilt as far as I'm concerned.

Should have defended himself and had his lawyers destroy the accuser in court if he was innocent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Comical Celtic fans!!! Then you guys wonder why we come here and bad mouth you guys. Again Celtic fans want to live in make believe land.  No L.A times writer would give props to this mediocre one championship in four years oranization!!!
    Posted by LALAKERSMAN[/QUOTE]Drop dead and climb back into the ghettos of South central. You Faker fans amaze me with your ignorance,Dr. Kevorkian was right,folks should have the right too remove themselves maybe you trolls can elect to choose that right..Here's hoping!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : Drop dead and climb back into the ghettos of South central. You Faker fans amaze me with your ignorance,Dr. Kevorkian was right,folks should have the right too remove themselves maybe you trolls can elect to choose that right..Here's hoping!!!!
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

And this from the Archie Bunkers of the planet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : Sorry, Kobe raped that girl. "Her feeling were hurt"???
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

That was sarcasm...  see after where i refer to him as a back door man.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : Drop dead and climb back into the ghettos of South central. You Faker fans amaze me with your ignorance,Dr. Kevorkian was right,folks should have the right too remove themselves maybe you trolls can elect to choose that right..Here's hoping!!!!
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]
    Classy. Way to completely bulldoze the line between sports trash talk and outright hate speech.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]OK, I know the person who started this thread pretty well and can safely say it was a simple mistake on his part. But you and I both know that's not really why your feathers are ruffled.  I think the real issue you have is that one of your own IS in fact praising the Celtics.  I know that hurts.  Take a deep breath.  Your Lakers will be back...
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

The Lakers will be back? When exactly?  They've just proven to be a team in great distress and everyone knows that Kobe will never attract marquee players to play with him; why would anyone want to watch him jack up 35-40 shots a game?  They've probably seen the last of the two idiots who showed their true selves (punks) at the end of a blow-out, and Fisher is too old to be anything but a reduced role player.  Gasol is, as he always has been, soft, and they have no bench.  So again I ask, when are the Lakers coming back?  There are limits to patronizing, obsequious sycophancy.  One doesn't have to lay down for LA - they are who they are and what they are, and are stuck with it.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : The Lakers will be back? When exactly?  They've just proven to be a team in great distress and everyone knows that Kobe will never attract marquee players to play with him; why would anyone want to watch him jack up 35-40 shots a game?  They've probably seen the last of the two idiots who showed their true selves (punks) at the end of a blow-out, and Fisher is too old to be anything but a reduced role player.  Gasol is, as he always has been, soft, and they have no bench.  So again I ask, when are the Lakers coming back?  There are limits to patronizing, obsequious sycophancy.  One doesn't have to lay down for LA - they are who they are and what they are, and are stuck with it.  
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]
    A team in distress huh? They are still the defending champs twice over and now they're in distress? The keltics were supposed to win 3 flags but we snatched them up ourselves, the ks are the ones in disarray, don't you think? And BTW, "My Friend" Duke knew exactly the deceit he posted, he does this all the time with his crazy twisting of facts to make the Ks look like they are the superior franchise which of course is not the case, especially over the last 30 years. Duke is just a burned out, frustrated old man living in the past.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : The Lakers will be back? When exactly?  They've just proven to be a team in great distress and everyone knows that Kobe will never attract marquee players to play with him; why would anyone want to watch him jack up 35-40 shots a game?  They've probably seen the last of the two idiots who showed their true selves (punks) at the end of a blow-out, and Fisher is too old to be anything but a reduced role player.  Gasol is, as he always has been, soft, and they have no bench.  So again I ask, when are the Lakers coming back?  There are limits to patronizing, obsequious sycophancy.  One doesn't have to lay down for LA - they are who they are and what they are, and are stuck with it.  
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

Do you think this team will last forever? We'll be back competing for a title within ten years. If not sooner. We're well managed and have been for the last couple of decades.

I'm surprised that we collapsed the way we did against Dallas. And this was in my mind our last shot at the title for a while. Unless we land Howard, which will definitely help us in the short and long term. Even if we don't I'm sure we'll rebuild very quickly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : Do you think this team will last forever? We'll be back competing for a title within ten years. If not sooner. We're well managed and have been for the last couple of decades. I'm surprised that we collapsed the way we did against Dallas. And this was in my mind our last shot at the title for a while. Unless we land Howard, which will definitely help us in the short and long term. Even if we don't I'm sure we'll rebuild very quickly.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

10years??? Lmao, this from a person who stated Kareem won 3 titles. Troll!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : A team in distress huh? They are still the defending champs twice over and now they're in distress? The keltics were supposed to win 3 flags but we snatched them up ourselves, the ks are the ones in disarray, don't you think? And BTW, "My Friend" Duke knew exactly the deceit he posted, he does this all the time with his crazy twisting of facts to make the Ks look like they are the superior franchise which of course is not the case, especially over the last 30 years. Duke is just a burned out, frustrated old man living in the past.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

"we're still defending champs"...defending champs?!?!?! are you serious?!?!?!  where have you been?  Duke was right, you must be a 10 year old kid.  If you've made it past the 5th grade they need to send you back.  I've got news for you kid, your lakers were ELIMINATED in the most HUMILIATING fashion over two weeks ago when they quit and dished out cheap shots.  They ain't defending nothing no more!

The only ones defending anything are the coaches, ex-players, and certain fans on this board, defending their team's despicable actions by calling out the sore losers that they are.  The trolls here are just defending them as if those actions were acceptable.

"Distressed" is putting it lightly for the lakers.  They are strapped with the huge contracts of Kobe, Gasol, Thug Bynum, and Thug Artest, who are too old, soft, or injury prone to take them back to the promised land.  You are in serious denial if you think these are "tradeable chips".  Their re-building won't start until 2015.  Have fun until then....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : 10years??? Lmao, this from a person who stated Kareem won 3 titles. Troll!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

When did I say that Kareem won a total of three titles? Your comprehension of the English language is lacking.

"Kareem was pretty good up until the last couple of years of his career? Well I don't agree with that, I believe he played very good basketball at the end of his career. He won 3 championships and adjusted his role to help the team win. How is that a poor performance? If he was obsessed about stats he'd have not changed his style of play"

With your vast knowledge of Laker history why didn't you leap to Kareems defense in that thread? I didn't see you offering up any constructive comments. In fact all we got was this ....

"Bill Russell....how long has it taken for boston to sort that out?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Classy. Instead of offering up a comment on Cap. You have a shot at Bill Russell. Nice one.

Now explain to me WHERE in that post I said that Kareem only one THREE titles in his career. As my comment was about the END of his career in Los Angeles. NOT his entire career.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]Don't you just love a team controlled by a rapist? RAPIST! Guess that's what the Fakers are all about. I bet his team feels raped as well when he hogs the ball and STILL can't bring a victory...the window of opportunity just shut for the Fakers as well as the celtics...maybe they should trade the useless RAPIST...to MIAMI...LMAO!
    Posted by jfaust1954[/QUOTE]

Not going into the sexual assault saga as I've already said enough on it.

Providing we can somehow pull off a trade, then we won't be a major force in the West next season. Not without Phil Jackson and not with another year on the clock of our key players.

Bryant is no Magic, he isn't a guy who makes his team mates better. He can will a team to victory. But making his team mates into better players? He's not capable of that.

I don't consider Bryant to be in control of the team. That's for the GM and ulimately the Owner.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : "we're still defending champs"...defending champs?!?!?! are you serious?!?!?!  where have you been?  Duke was right, you must be a 10 year old kid.  If you've made it past the 5th grade they need to send you back.  I've got news for you kid, your lakers were ELIMINATED in the most HUMILIATING fashion over two weeks ago when they quit and dished out cheap shots.  They ain't defending nothing no more! The only ones defending anything are the coaches, ex-players, and certain fans on this board, defending their team's despicable actions by calling out the sore losers that they are.  The trolls here are just defending them as if those actions were acceptable. "Distressed" is putting it lightly for the lakers.  They are strapped with the huge contracts of Kobe, Gasol, Thug Bynum, and Thug Artest, who are too old, soft, or injury prone to take them back to the promised land.  You are in serious denial if you think these are "tradeable chips".  Their re-building won't start until 2015.  Have fun until then....

Comprehension problems OC. It's pretty obvious with some of the 'fans' for LA around here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : Comprehension problems OC. It's pretty obvious with some of the 'fans' for LA around here.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

With the future of your team so bleak and uncertain I can't beleive the huge smack talk these trolls are dishing out.  Can you imagine if they ever signed DH or pulled a hesit like Miami last year?  What clowns

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : With the future of your team so bleak and uncertain I can't beleive the huge smack talk these trolls are dishing out.  Can you imagine if they ever signed DH or pulled a hesit like Miami last year?  What clowns
    Uncertain, yes. But "bleak" is a stretch - they'll be retooling a little this summer, but the major pieces are already there for the team to contend for a couple more years.