Interesting article from the LA Times

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: Interesting article from the LA Times

RUWorthy is a joke...  She comes on here to kiss the rears of celtic fans. Any TRUE Laker fan understands the Lakers will WIN another title before the celtics and it definitely will not take 10 years.  What a bafoon.. She must not get much media in Australia, and should go play with some crocodiles or something. Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

she is a classy and smart gal......you seem to be the joke here the way you just insulted her.....grow up....at least post using some dignity....we don't need to agree in order to exchange our opinions and ideas....as I said, neither side is likely to change their minds...that doesn't mean we cannot discuss issues in a civil way....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times:
    she is a classy and smart gal......you seem to be the joke here the way you just insulted her.....grow up....at least post using some dignity....we don't need to agree in order to exchange our opinions and ideas....as I said, neither side is likely to change their minds...that doesn't mean we cannot discuss issues in a civil way....
    Posted by Duke4

Yes, that picture of her with her tongue hanging out is so classy.  Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : With the future of your team so bleak and uncertain I can't beleive the huge smack talk these trolls are dishing out.  Can you imagine if they ever signed DH or pulled a hesit like Miami last year?  What clowns
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan

The Lakers will be back next year with hopefully the same core intact.  The Lakers need to pick up a quick point guard who can shoot the three and start Barnes over Artest. They will be back!!  The celtics on the other hand need a center. That hack JO wont cut it. A couple of defensive stoppers, because no on on that team(Ray Allen) can stop anybody, and Rondo better be learning how to shoot a 15 footer!!  The Celtics will make the playoffs because of the weak teams in the eastern conference.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

If the celtics were in the Western conference this next year, they would NOT even sniff the playoffs.  Laughing

The LAKERS will be back to business and winning titles after the much needed rest of this offseason, considering they have played an extra season of basketball over the past 3 seasons as compared to every other NBA team. Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

RUWorthy is a joke...  She comes on here to kiss the rears of celtic fans. Any TRUE Laker fan understands the Lakers will WIN another title before the celtics and it definitely will not take 10 years.  What a bafoon.. She must not get much media in Australia, and should go play with some crocodiles or something.
    Posted by Tayshawn

So after the 1988 title you didn't think it'd take at least 10 years to be in a position to win another championship. In '91 we were in a position to win only because of Magic Johnson being on the team. We don't have a player like that currently on our roster.

NEVER did I say that the Celtics would win a title before us. Where did I say that.

We are in a worse position than we were in '91.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : Yes, that picture of her with her tongue hanging out is so classy. 
    Posted by Tayshawn

So you don't like my Lakers tongue stud? Weird I think it's pretty cool. It does however state nicely my reaction on some/if not all of the posts I read here from the Trolls. You know what they say about a picture telling a thousand words. Tongue out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : Uncertain, yes. But "bleak" is a stretch - they'll be retooling a little this summer, but the major pieces are already there for the team to contend for a couple more years.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

Pau is the guy we have to build around for the future. Bryant really needs to take a lot less shots per game than he has been. More balanced offense will help us a lot.

If we can somehow get DH to come across it'll be a blessing. Then we still will be a major force. Currently as our team sits we're not the best in the West. Biggest issues are how the team goes without Jackson and if we can get a key new addition to the squad.

Need a Sam Perkins like addition. But from where and who I don't know.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

If the celtics were in the Western conference this next year, they would NOT even sniff the playoffs.  The LAKERS will be back to business and winning titles after the much needed rest of this offseason, considering they have played an extra season of basketball over the past 3 seasons as compared to every other NBA team.
    Posted by Tayshawn

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm sorry, but that was the stupidest post I have read in two months. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : HAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm sorry, but that was the stupidest post I have read in two months. 
    Posted by jtkl

Big call! 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : The Lakers will be back next year with hopefully the same core intact.  The Lakers need to pick up a quick point guard who can shoot the three and start Barnes over Artest. They will be back!!  The celtics on the other hand need a center. That hack JO wont cut it. A couple of defensive stoppers, because no on on that team(Ray Allen) can stop anybody, and Rondo better be learning how to shoot a 15 footer!!  The Celtics will make the playoffs because of the weak teams in the eastern conference.
    Posted by LALAKERSMAN

Yup, you're right, why do I argue with you guys?  The Lakers don't have problems and their future is bright.  Their best players are only thirty-something and they are signed on for 3-5 more years.  Every other team would be cray not to give up one of their talented young players for one of these guys.  Kobe and thug Bynum look like they'll be super durable going forward, no concerns about their knees at all.  Plus, they were good enough to win this year, just some tough luck, they only lost by four games to Dallas, and only two of those games weren't competitive. 

The Celtics on the other hand, while they have it easy playing in the east because they only have to get by Miami and Chicago, and the likes of D Howard, Amare, and Melo.  Personnel wise, they have huge salary issues becasue after next year they only have two players on contract.  Boy it's gonna be so much tougher to rebuild than the lakers. 

Plus, our coach sucks while the you guys just hired the great mike brown.

You are in such a more envious position.  Wish us luck.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from onesoxtwosoxredsoxbosox. Show onesoxtwosoxredsoxbosox's posts

Comical Celtic fans!!! Then you guys wonder why we come here and bad mouth you guys.
    Posted by LALAKERSMAN

Because you have so much time on your hands after being swept out of the playoffs by Dallas?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : 10years??? Lmao, this from a person who stated Kareem won 3 titles. Troll!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

The real issue here is the laker trolls can't stand the fact that Boston has a team with heart and player's want to come and  play for a team full of player's that want to win and have the heart to do just that. The lakers have nothing but nut job's and misfits which we all got to see in the playoffs and free agents don't want to end up on a misfit team. Now add that to Jackson leaving and Queen Kobe his jesters running the team it will be so much fun to watch this team implode ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : Because you have so much time on your hands after being swept out of the playoffs by Dallas?
    Posted by onesoxtwosoxredsoxbosox

For the millionth time were you not out in the second round? Oh wait you won one game HOOOORAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : Yup, you're right, why do I argue with you guys?  The Lakers don't have problems and their future is bright.  Their best players are only thirty-something and they are signed on for 3-5 more years.  Every other team would be cray not to give up one of their talented young players for one of these guys.  Kobe and thug Bynum look like they'll be super durable going forward, no concerns about their knees at all.  Plus, they were good enough to win this year, just some tough luck, they only lost by four games to Dallas, and only two of those games weren't competitive.  The Celtics on the other hand, while they have it easy playing in the east because they only have to get by Miami and Chicago, and the likes of D Howard, Amare, and Melo.  Personnel wise, they have huge salary issues becasue after next year they only have two players on contract.  Boy it's gonna be so much tougher to rebuild than the lakers.  Plus, our coach sucks while the you guys just hired the great mike brown. You are in such a more envious position.  Wish us luck.
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan

Funny how only the celtic fans think they are relevant in the basketball universe!!  Celtic fans talk about how great they are and their players are the best but in no way is your team on par with the Lakers!!!The Lakers are the present and the future of the NBA.  Stern himself said his dream scenerio would be the Lakers playing the Lakers in the championship!!!!  The  only team that can say they are on par with the Lakers are  the Spurs.  Boston won one measley championship and you guys thought you were back!  WRONG!!!  One time anomaly.  The celtics are a team of the past and will not b relevant for a long time.  I love my Dodgers but I know they are not in the same class as the Yankees and I can accept it.  Now Boston, just accept it you were good a long time ago but you are not the Lakers!!  Next year its back to being the irrelevant Boston team!!!! You had your four years of fun.

As for free agents coming to Boston  because u have cap room in 2 years pleeeeease!! Name a free agent superstar that has come to Boston in the last 20 years(Shaq was washed up!)?  None because they come to L.A.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

RUWorthy - "We are in a worse position than we were in '91"

----------------------------------------------------

Laughing

Ignorance at it's finest... Yes, because in '91 the Lakers roster was full of veterans that had won multiple championships.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

RUWorthy - "We are in a worse position than we were in '91" ---------------------------------------------------- Ignorance at it's finest... Yes, because in '91 the Lakers roster was full of veterans that had won multiple championships.
    Posted by Tayshawn

Right .... and how well did we go when Magic was forced to retire? We may well have made the finals in '91. ONLY Magic, Worthy, Scott, Green and Mychal Thompson* had won 'multiple' championships. Two years later both AC Green and Scott had left the team. Thompson retired after '91.

Explain to me HOW this was a 'great' situation? Explain to me HOW this isn't a parallel with today's team? In 1991 we were an aging team that was rapidly overtaken by Phoenix, Houston and Portland in the West. How is this different to today's team?

Question does Four players (not including Thompson* has he had minimal impact in the '91 season playing only eight games in the post season) who have won multiple championships equal a 'full' roster? I don't think it does.  I don't recall that Vlade or Sam had won any NBA championships prior to joining us.

I'm waiting for a decent explanation and look forward to your conclusions. But I'm guessing they'll just be the usual one line answers with zero substance. If the answers are of a reasonable length I'm sure they'll be most illuminating.

*You can make argument for Thompson to be counted in the 'core group of champions'. But his stats for that season don't appear to be those of a player who had any impact what so ever.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I think it's time to give it up kiddo.......you can't have an intelligent conversation with kids....I wonder where jofc is.....I know he got back into the forum..... Daddy is somewhat missing....Elias as well......those folks do bring a lot to this board....even though we occasionally "get into it" a bit.....there is always good back and forth banter with a lot of ideas, information, and opinions to share....glad to see you back on a regular basis....now, go Canucks!!!!!

B

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I think it's time to give it up kiddo.......you can't have an intelligent conversation with kids....I wonder where jofc is.....I know he got back into the forum..... Daddy is somewhat missing....Elias as well......those folks do bring a lot to this board....even though we occasionally "get into it" a bit.....there is always good back and forth banter with a lot of ideas, information, and opinions to share....glad to see you back on a regular basis....now, go Canucks!!!!! B
    Posted by Duke4

The usual suspects really do have nothing in defense of their arguments.

Have a great feeling about The Canucks, and happy about the result of today's game. A game seven was exactly what I was hoping for.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : Crocodiles? Judging from her pic, she looks like she's like to play with a cockodile.
    Posted by lakersavenger

Charming. Are you one of those Neanderthal type of guys who judge a woman on how she looks as to what her morals are?

You're a pig.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : Charming. Are you one of those Neanderthal type of guys who judge a woman on how she looks as to what her morals are? You're a pig.
    Posted by RUWorthy

That's the first time someone on this forum has correctly labled me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting article from the LA Times : Pau is the guy we have to build around for the future. Bryant really needs to take a lot less shots per game than he has been. More balanced offense will help us a lot. If we can somehow get DH to come across it'll be a blessing. Then we still will be a major force. Currently as our team sits we're not the best in the West. Biggest issues are how the team goes without Jackson and if we can get a key new addition to the squad. Need a Sam Perkins like addition. But from where and who I don't know.
    Posted by RUWorthy

Call me naive, but I believe the team could have contended for a title this year had they not hit a wall of exhaustion and complacency. Sure age factors in at this point, but I believe the early playoff exit combined with a full summer of rest will put us back in good shape for next season. My biggest concern is getting someone new to start at the point and play Fisher off the bench. As for DH, at this point I don't see how the Lakers DON'T acquire him at some point. Unless the team gets spectacular 2012 seasons from both Pau and Bynum, I think the Lakers are the ideal trading partner for the Magic - and the Magic don't want to lose DH for nothing ala Shaq. I am withholding judgement on rebuilding around Pau. I saw a side of him this past season that bothered me - an unreliable, unfocused side of him as a player that I previously did not know existed. Hopefully he comes back in 2012 rested and driven. I agree on Kobe taking fewer shots, but that will be a challenge - I'm not sure how well his competitive nature will handle his slow descent from top tier status, and I hope the Lakers don't pay the price for that.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

RUWorthy, So you are basing your '91 statement on an assumption that Kobe is going to be forced to retire this year?  Magic was the best Lakers player on that '90-'91 team along with James Worthy. Only, AC Green, Byron Scott, and Mychal Thompson had won any championship rings with their last being in 1988.  The current Lakers who have more than 5 players on the team with multiple rings and only 1 year removed from being in the NBA Finals 4 straight years are in much better shape than that '91 team regardless of how you spin it. Do you even realize that this current Laker team has played 67 playoff games in the past 3 years alone? Of course, they were worn out when the playoffs began this year and with the internal issues, it was too much to overcome for them. But anyone with common basketball knowledge knows that the extra rest with not
    having to play into June this year is only going to help them, so if you really believe that this Laker team is like that team of '91, you need to take a refresher course on your Laker history as the differences are too many to even count. The Lakers will be back and stronger than ever this next season with revenge on their minds. And as always, thanks for playing.

Sections
Shortcuts