Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo.....

In Response to Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo.....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo..... : Exactly.  Break it down to a three man rotation. See how it goes.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

I have been saying Ray needs to be 6th man for 2-3 years now.  He can come in with the intent of scoring-period.  His pt total would go up.  Paul would have more shots early in the game when Ray was sitting and his points go up.  With both of them on the floor during the game their shots dwindle and they don't get as many touches.  I want them both getting more shots.  Ray is capable of 18 pts a game if he is sharing with KG and PP.  Pierce can get what he has been getting in March - about 22 a game. Our scoring goes up- the finish game with our horses.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo.....

Always interesting when fans on this board look to find out why the team plays better or worse due to one player;s absence.  Early in the season it was:  "we're better without Rondo and with AB at point" when we beat someone (Orlando, was it?).  Then it was: "we're better without JON".  Then it was "we're better without Ray".  Now Pietrus is out so I wonder why it isn't "we win without Pietrus".  

The reasons we are winning right now, unfortunately, is that we've played weaker teams.  Since Ray's been out, we lost to Philly and beat Charlotte, Milwaukee, and the Wizards - 2 of the 3 being at home.   That's no testament to us playing great.  Its a testament to being lucky enough to have weaker opponents.....except Philly who kicked our butts.  

I love Bradley's play.  He has surprised me and he's clearly more athletic and faster as well as a better defender, but we need Pietrus and Ray to beat Miami, Chicago, and Spurs.  The only player we play better without in my opinion, is JON.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

OH, and I forgot the time early in the season when there were lots of comments about how KG is washed up and he is soft and we are better without him.   Remember when Pierce was hurt and out of shape?   Then, it was Pierce we can do without.

Fans here really need to get a grip on the schedule and the fact that EVERY team outside of Bulls, Thunder, Spurs, and Heat have ups and downs.   

I sure hope we do well in the next 4 games because THAT is the test, not Charlotte and Washington and Milwaukee on the second night of their back to back on the road!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo.....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo..... : So they have beaten Washington, Charlotte, and Utah since arriving back in Boston......  I admit to being correct most of the time...... the problem is that whatever trend the Cs are on have nothing to do with the opponent because people view the Cs from the Cs perspective... so when Pierce was not playing that well it had nothing to do with going up against younger, more athletic players.... why does this occur frequently?  because Cs fans view the Cs as the globetrotters and their generic opponents as the Washington Generals and the opponent is a nameless faceless bunch of no-names when in reality their opponent changes every night and those opponents that happen to be good or over 500 the Cs tend to lose, when they play the generic opponents that happen to s uck the Cs tend to win.....  so when they play a whole bunch of generic teams over the coming weeks, most of whom happen to be over 500, the Cs will lose and most will be scratching their collective heads and casting it off as something the Celtics did - as if the opponent has nothing to do with the outcome.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Utah is a playoff team 8-2 over it's last ten games. Nice try dud. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE] I admit to being correct most of the time...... 
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Like Rondo never "sniffing" another all star game. oops. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo.....": [QUOTE]OH, and I forgot the time early in the season when there were lots of comments about how KG is washed up and he is soft and we are better without him.   Remember when Pierce was hurt and out of shape?   Then, it was Pierce we can do without. Fans here really need to get a grip on the schedule and the fact that EVERY team outside of Bulls, Thunder, Spurs, and Heat have ups and downs.    I sure hope we do well in the next 4 games because THAT is the test, not Charlotte and Washington and Milwaukee on the second night of their back to back on the road! Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE] My bad, I meant to say Utah, not Milwaukee.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo..... : you have an excuse for EVERYTHING. when will you actually admit something?
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

No sense even talking with him... he'd find a black cloud in a silver lining...he justs an angry, negative, im never wrong person....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]Always interesting when fans on this board look to find out why the team plays better or worse due to one player;s absence.  Early in the season it was:  "we're better without Rondo and with AB at point" when we beat someone (Orlando, was it?).  Then it was: "we're better without JON".  Then it was "we're better without Ray".  Now Pietrus is out so I wonder why it isn't "we win without Pietrus".   The reasons we are winning right now, unfortunately, is that we've played weaker teams.  Since Ray's been out, we lost to Philly and beat Charlotte, Milwaukee, and the Wizards - 2 of the 3 being at home.   That's no testament to us playing great.  Its a testament to being lucky enough to have weaker opponents.....except Philly who kicked our butts.   I love Bradley's play.  He has surprised me and he's clearly more athletic and faster as well as a better defender, but we need Pietrus and Ray to beat Miami, Chicago, and Spurs.  The only player we play better without in my opinion, is JON.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

i dont think ppl want ray out of the equation, most just want him moved, and it IS better for the team in this situation, both presently and in the future.

present - Ray cant and shouldnt be playing 36 minutes a nighte this season, and his production has clearly suffered bc of it. coming off of the bench would lower his minutes and also allow him to just SHOOT. his scoring would increase in less minutes. for the starters, we get better defensively with better ball movement on O

Future - this looks like it could be the starting backcourt next yr and beyond, why not get a headstart? if ray comes back he will be on the bench i would think.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]WELL DON'T LOOK NOW....  but ray allen was the one on this team who should have become the "sixth man" two years ago and i don't care who we started.  why not do it now with him coming off of the injury? i know rippy hammiltun couldn't handle the ego of it all but ray seems to be a mature person.  get ray's minutes down and maybe he won't climb into the coffin come playoff time....
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    I've been saying the same thing for a few years too.  40 mpg over the course of one game or a season of them adds up to weak legs in the 4th for RA and a weaker jumpshot (which is 80% of why he's in there to begin with).
    Off the bench he  becomes  Doc's smartbomb.  Doc can pick when and where he wants RA to go off.
    One drawback I can see to the Rondo & Bradley tandem is their lack of size.  Might be a bad matchup some nights.  But like most posters on this board, I've been wanting to see changes made to the lineup all year.  Maybe we got one at last.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

BILL 806????  He came to the dark side? Who'd've thunk it!!!!  lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

some posters attitudes fit the perfect profile of bad luck/shelprock

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

In response to "Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo.....": [QUOTE]In Response to Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo..... : Well that and they keep playing bad teams....  Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE] Wow....you have to be the buzz kill at every party you attend...what a pessimist....

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ray should remain the starter imo...why mess with his head or the teams psyche?  It's really all about minutes played and matchups. Does it matter is AB starts , plsys 15 mins and Ray comes off the bench and plays the other 33?

I admit I thought AB was a total, complete waste. He's not a lock to remain in the NBA either but he's been making contributions.. I do enjoy his pressure on the ball, when hes doing it.

Im glad Steamer is getting some time too... only because Doc has no choice. Otherwise Steamer would be rotting on the bench. The remained of our bench players will be useless as Doc never affords them minutes..Maybe an occassional contribution but in general, not much. Its what you get when all you do is watch the games and never play.  Thats Doc's idea of keeping the vets fresh in a condensed season, full of  back2backs.

Back to the point. Ray is very valuable.  Not only that, he is clutch. How many players can you say that about on the C's? Exactly, PP and thats about it. Ray is terrible with the ball and hurting defensively... but he is still bigtime.  Pick his spots, the right matchups and dont run him dead the rest of the season.  Doc cant do it though... would deviate from his script and he cant think beyond that.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Watching the jazz, I don't think I like AB so much at the 2.  He's alright getting through screens and such, but his real strength is on-ball defense.  You can't really force a turnover when you're just chasing the other team's ray allen around corners.

Plus, he is often able to intimidate the 2nd string PG better than the 1st.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

The major problem with Ray Allen in the game is that the offense revolves around him and slows their game plan dramatically.

Plus all the other things, such as. Can't pass, loses the ball too much, hardly ever goes to the hoop, no defense, etc.

Did I miss anything?????  Oh yeah, he only shoots three pointers if it is the perfect shot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Always interesting when fans on this board look to find out why the team plays better or worse due to one player;s absence.  Early in the season it was:  "we're better without Rondo and with AB at point" when we beat someone (Orlando, was it?).  Then it was: "we're better without JON".  Then it was "we're better without Ray".  Now Pietrus is out so I wonder why it isn't "we win without Pietrus".   The reasons we are winning right now, unfortunately, is that we've played weaker teams.  Since Ray's been out, we lost to Philly and beat Charlotte, Milwaukee, and the Wizards - 2 of the 3 being at home.   That's no testament to us playing great.  Its a testament to being lucky enough to have weaker opponents.....except Philly who kicked our butts.   I love Bradley's play.  He has surprised me and he's clearly more athletic and faster as well as a better defender, but we need Pietrus and Ray to beat Miami, Chicago, and Spurs.  The only player we play better without in my opinion, is JON.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

If you actually read the posts most people are not saying we are better without Ray.  Most people are saying we are better with giving Bradley more minutes.  Which are two entirely different things.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]The major problem with Ray Allen in the game is...Can't pass, loses the ball too much, hardly ever goes to the hoop, no defense, etc.   ...
    Oh yeah, he only shoots three pointers if it is the perfect shot.
    Posted by celticsince1958[/QUOTE]

That is nonsense! Allen has only 1.6 TO/game. He doesn't go to the hoop often but who on this celtics team does it more regulary?
    And Allen is not only a shooter with a great percentage from 3 land. He also has a fast trigger. What is a clean look for him is not a clean look for almost any NBA player (and none of the current C rooster). And if a player has a good shoot selection it is actually a good thing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

For 2 years I've been wanting the Celts to get a #2 guard and bring Ray off the bench.  Now I don't know if Bradley will or should start when Ray is healthy but it has been great to see him step up in the past couple weeks.  He clearly brings a lot of defense and quickness. 

A 6'1 and 6'2 backcourt definitely presents some problems against larger more physical backcourts.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo..... : And our on the ball defense presents problems for the other side. I like Rondo and Bradley in the back court.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Without question, as is usually the case, when you can create match up problems you expose yourself to matchup problems.

Sections
Shortcuts