Interesting Miami stat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamrocks4ever. Show Shamrocks4ever's posts

Interesting Miami stat

After 14 playoff games, the Heat are +111 over their opponents at the free throw line and -47 from the field.  On average, that works out to almost exactly 8 points more per game from the foul line than their opponents have scored.  Considering how close the scores were in most of the Heat's playoff victories, it's hard to imagine them winning many without the free throw advantage.  Regardless of why they shoot so many free throws (insert your theory here), this is obviously a big reason why this team has done so well in the playoffs.
    P.S. - My source is a friend who took it upon himself to crunch the numbers.  I haven't double-checked them myself, but I trust him... he's a bit of a stat geek.  I mean that in the nicest possible way, of course.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Interesting Miami stat

be aggressive, be be aggressive!

dont settle for jumpers and wham, free throw advantage gone

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I keep pointing to how many FTs the Heat get compared to other teams and it's almost impossible to beat them if the disparity continues.

I understand going to the hoop but let's not get carried away and just say that the Heat drive to the basket more than anyone else. They are getting alot of tick tacky calls but those calls don't come for the other team especially when you have that wide a gap in FTs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting Miami stat:
    [QUOTE]I keep pointing to how many FTs the Heat get compared to other teams and it's almost impossible to beat them if the disparity continues. I understand going to the hoop but let's not get carried away and just say that the Heat drive to the basket more than anyone else. They are getting alot of tick tacky calls but those calls don't come for the other team especially when you have that wide a gap in FTs.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    its not just about going to the hoop, its having the 2 best finishers around the rim in the game

the bulls are getting their fair share of ticky tacky calls too

but blaming the refs is surely a good strategy to excuse for losing, right thibbs?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

C'mon man be for real...+111 is ridiculous. Keep in mind we're only talking about 3 guys mainly...or 2 that handle the ball the most.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]C'mon man be for real...+111 is ridiculous. Keep in mind we're only talking about 3 guys mainly...or 2 that handle the ball the most.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

No we are talking about gettings teams into the penalty quickly and then everyone going to the line.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Miami stat : No we are talking about gettings teams into the penalty quickly and then everyone going to the line.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    and bingo was his name-o

miami's strategy is to attack and get foul trouble on the other team, sure it isnt the most brilliant x's and o's strategy, but when you have athletes the caliber of wade and james, you dont need to be brilliant...just need to keep attacking and keeping defenders on their heels

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Miami stat : and bingo was his name-o miami's strategy is to attack and get foul trouble on the other team, sure it isnt the most brilliant x's and o's strategy, but when you have athletes the caliber of wade and james, you dont need to be brilliant...just need to keep attacking and keeping defenders on their heels
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

What has Miami played in the playoffs?

Philly - any inside game, any great finishers?

Celtics - Pierce - jump shooter, Ray - jump shooter, KG - jump shooter, Rondo - avoid shooter, etc.

Bulls - Rose goes to the hole, Deng jump shooter, and so on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Anyone remember the 2006 Finals when D-Wade paraded to the line almost every other Heat possesion?  He was driving to the hoop relentlessly. Add Lebron to the mix and the mavericks stand NO CHANCE... Don't blame the refs though, as that is just an excuse. The team that reacts faster around the rim is going to win regardless. Also, the league has changed from the days of Bird and Magic when a player could get clotheslined or 40 stitches in the head, and only receive 2 free throws, unlike today where you can just fall down after getting breathed on and have a flagrant foul called. It is what it is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Are you'll trying to tell me that 2 guys (Wade and LeBron) are causing these many FT attempts??? I could see if they had others driving but who else drives to the basket?

Bibby? No
    Jones/ No
    Bosh? Rarely
    Anthony? No
    Miller? No
    Chalmers? No
    House? No
    Z? Isn't playing
    Dampier? Isn't playing

All these guys are stand still jump shooters. We aren't even talking about a team that has an inside presence. Rose should be at the FT line 20 times a game but he's not.

You can't just say Wade and James are slashers and drive when all teams have those types of players or they have bigs inside to draw fouls.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

If an opposing player even looks at the Queen or Wade, it's a foul. That's all you have to know.  If Boston ever got those calls they'd be unbeatable, but that's not how the games are called, and it's been like that for a long time and especially in the last three years.  PP gets hammered but only gets the most egregious calls compared to the Queen and the "DPNBA" - Wade.  How many times has a whistle blown before any contact has been made?  The officials just anticipate a foul and make the call, no matter it it eventuates or not. Disgusting. If the games were straight, only genuine fouls called, all the traveling was called, and the charges were called the right way, James would foul out or get two quick "crying" techs and be gone.  If Wade were properly called for trying to blow through picks (like PP and KG) or pulling down other players (again, PP, and RR, RA) he'd be gone early as well.  Then the emotional mess Bosh would be the only decent player left for Miami.  The differential of fouls and the differential of shooting fouls is why Miami has made it this far.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Good things happen when you attack the rim. I wish we attacked the rim more but when you settle for jump shots your chances of going to the line decline.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts