Interesting Sports Stories

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Interesting Sports Stories

http://www.athlonsports.com/nfl/5-conspiracy-theories-changed-sports-history?utm_source=crowdignite.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com

This one is not about the Celtics per say but this article brings up two very interesting NBA storylines.....I saw four of the five stories play out...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

Re: Interesting Sports Stories

In response to Duke4's comment:

http://www.athlonsports.com/nfl/5-conspiracy-theories-changed-sports-history?utm_source=crowdignite.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com

This one is no about the Celtics per say but this article brings up two very interesting NBA stprylines.....I saw four of the five stories play out...

You sure do go back a long way Duke. I remember seeing that very famous front page photo in the Chicago Tribune of the Newspaper boy holding a copy of the story implicating "shoeless" Joe Jackson in the fix.  The caption read-"SAY IT AIN'T SO JOE".  As a witness to history on that memorable day back in 1919 Duke, is there any chance that you were that young lad?  By the way. It was back around 1942, when I as a 10 year old, became aware of the exploits of "Shoeless Joe". As I recall, baseball fans around the country were really shocked by this event and the expression  "SAY IT AIN,T SO JOE"  became a popular expression.

seems

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Ha!! Seems, I do recall watching footage of Ali/Liston....also watched SB III, the first NBA draft, and the Laker/Kings game.....but I wasn't around when Judge Landis banned the players.....

on a side note, I have stayed at the Buckminster Hotel in Boston where the first bets were being discussed between the mob and a few of the players....!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Very interesting article Duke.  Thanks for posting it.  I never knew about the World Series or any of the other facts that are stated.  You have to like Ewing if you live in Massachusetts.  He did attend high school in Cambridge, MA. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Glad you enjoyed the link.....some pretty good stuff there....I am surprised that the Rams/Pats SB played after the 2001 season isn't in there.....the beginning of "spygate"...?  ....maybe it makes the top 10 list....