Interesting Stat: Micheal Pietrus

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Interesting Stat: Micheal Pietrus

He is now the only player w/ 100+ minutes in 2012 playoffs with no free throw attempts.  There were two, but Kenyon Martin had two attempts today.

That is an unbelievable stat.  I guess when you camp out beyond the three point line and never drive you can never get fouled.  He has been disappointing this season.  Not sure if he is worth bringing back.  We already have RA coming off the bench who can hit threes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Interesting Stat: Micheal Pietrus

he isnt providing scoring, but helping in other ways. he is still providing great energy and defending well, and he hasnt taken a bunch of bad shots, they just arent falling yet. not to mention the heart he has shown playing through a hamstring ailment.

im okay with a player struggling as long as he is contributing to the team in other ways. scoring isnt everything to me, and it isnt to Doc Rivers either, which is why he is still getting on the floor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I'd like to see Sasha instead.
    His D is almost equally good. Pietrus seems to have a pretty low
    BB IQ. Doc has options there.
    We need scoring of the bench too, except Ray we have nobody.
    All championship teams had great D but their offense was above average too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I would throw Pav in there. Offensively Pietrus does only one thing well. Sometimes. Occasionally.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Paleeze... Sasha shouldn't even be in the league.   Too slow to rely on.    In the 4thQ  against sixers in first game, Pietrus had a wide open drive to the basket (might have event got cut off, but...).    He took a 3 after already have missed ?? 4 and missed this 3.   Good point.   His shot is off.   No more hoping for 3s.   Shoot mid range only and take to hoop.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting Stat: Micheal Pietrus:
    [QUOTE]   Paleeze... Sasha shouldn't even be in the league.   Too slow to rely on.    In the 4thQ  against sixers in first game, Pietrus had a wide open drive to the basket (might have event got cut off, but...).    He took a 3 after already have missed ?? 4 and missed this 3.   Good point.   His shot is off.   No more hoping for 3s.   Shoot mid range only and take to hoop.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]
    Well sure, but he doesn't do that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]I would throw Pav in there. Offensively Pietrus does only one thing well. Sometimes. Occasionally.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

i disagree. before his concussion injury pietrus was getting aggressive, going to the basket, finishing strong etc. afterwards he has stayed at the line, but dont be suprised if u see him start getting aggressive again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Everyone in the Celtic organization would like to see Sasha,just not the headcase Sasha,the real Sasha from about 3 years ago. Sasha has 1 good game then goes back into his shell,too bad when he's on he is a really talented player. Pietrus hasn't been able to hit squat but he has played D decently,I'm thinking that head injury was pretty bad and he is still not 100%.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]At this point Pavlovic is better than Pietrus and Ray Allen, who are both injured.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

No he's not

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]At this point Pavlovic is better than Pietrus and Ray Allen, who are both injured.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Ray Alllen is definitely still not recovered from his injury.  Not sure about Pietrus, but he may indeed also be injured.  He is definitely struggling. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I like the interesting fact that he's shooting like 25%. Very helpful. Makes Bass almost look like he's contributing to wins. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Stat: Micheal Pietrus : Indeed he is ... kirk is right and he may not play Monday! We may see more Daniels or Pav unless PP gets healthy real quick .... http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nba/937/mickael-pietrus
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Mployee8.  I hadn't heard this until you posted it.  

I sure hope Pav or Daniels step up.  Personally, I like Sasha better because while Daniels is more athletic, clearly he doesn't finish shots and he's a black hole once the ball touches his hands on offense.  Its one on one from there, baby!   On top of that, I think Sasha is a better defender.  Sometimes dumb dumb defensive stances but generally tougher on D.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Sasha is frustrating. He can be stellar one moment and totally stupid the next.

Reminds of Antoine Walker in that way.

Pietrus is the same way. So is Daniels.

So Doc Plays Pietrus because he has the fewest brain farts of those 3 guys, IMO.

In the playoffs, 1 totally stupid moment can cost you an entire series.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Wouldnt be surprised if MP has orders to stay on the outside... He may still have issues and cant afford taking a hard foul in the lane.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Totally agree with few posters stated that he is not driving to the basket enough. All he does is shoot outside, and play defense.  His defense was not pretty during the Atlanta/Boston series.

I just think he do not want to do do much fancy on the offense where he is afraid to get his second concussions of the year at the same time he could be done for the post season.

So that is why he is being too caution lately.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'll chime in for sasha, as I have all year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]Wouldnt be surprised if MP has orders to stay on the outside... He may still have issues and cant afford taking a hard foul in the lane.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    That's possible, who knows. It makes him very predictable though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I'm hoping his D will help against MIA but on the offensive end he is brutal. 

Loved it in the last game where he got his defender in the air, went around him and then backed up to shoot a 3, which he of course missed.  Next time down Pierce took the ball right to the rim and got fouled. 

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts