interesting.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

interesting.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/04/report-pistons-still-have-interest-in-rajon-rondo-even-after-acquiring-brandon-jennings/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

not sure how much sense it makes, but it's slow here so let the arguments begin.

for me, Rondo and either Melo or Fav for Monroe and Jennings would be a no brainer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: interesting.

In response to kdp59's comment:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/04/report-pistons-still-have-interest-in-rajon-rondo-even-after-acquiring-brandon-jennings/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

not sure how much sense it makes, but it's slow here so let the arguments begin.

for me, Rondo and either Melo or Fav for Monroe and Jennings would be a no brainer.

Don't see that happening.  You don't change a $ bill and a dime for a $.75 coin and a half $.  Bad idea.  Any trade that makes you go from 5 super stars in N bodies to 5 super stars in (N+1) bodies is a bad trade.  When you have 5 super stars in 8 bodies, the math become very difficult to handle.

Rondo's trade will depend upon the emergence of other stars on the Celts roster.  Nobody knows if and how that will happen.  If other stars emerge, Rondo can be traded for quality complementary players.  Rondo can also be traded for another star.  But right now, there is no need to trade Rondo for complementary players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to kdp59's comment:

[QUOTE]

Don't see that happening.  You don't change a $ bill and a dime for a $.75 coin and a half $.  Bad idea.  Any trade that makes you go from 5 super stars in N bodies to 5 super stars in (N+1) bodies is a bad trade.  When you have 5 super stars in 8 bodies, the math become very difficult to handle.

Rondo's trade will depend upon the emergence of other stars on the Celts roster.  Nobody knows if and how that will happen.  If other stars emerge, Rondo can be traded for quality complementary players.  Rondo can also be traded for another star.  But right now, there is no need to trade Rondo for complementary players.

[/QUOTE]

ASee that's the exact logic for why Monroe would be available for a bunch of pieces. He was their star, but another star has emerged at the same position, and now he's tradable. Otherwise there's be no way they trade him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I already posted an article regarding the Pistons playing Monroe at PF and Josh Smith at SF.

It doesn't make sense for Detroit to trade Monroe at this point in time.

Fierce, that lineup may work.  But I feel that it may be a disaster.  Just like the Celts trying to play Pierce as 3 and Green at 2.  To be effective offensively, you need some amount of creativity.  This can come out low post creativity, ball movement creativity and dribble penetration creativity.  This has to be coupled with shot making.

I just don't see enough creativity and shot making in Detroit's lineup.  Yes, they have signed a free agent.  But they have done it in the past as well.  That was when they had signed Ben Gordon and Charlie Vilaneuva

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think Monroe is creative, yet he's the one they get rid of?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

I think Monroe is creative, yet he's the one they get rid of?

Actually my original point was that Rondo need not be traded right now for complementary pieces.  Also, the second point was that Monroe and Josh Smith may find it hard to co-exist.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

D-E-T-R-O-I-T is trading N-O-B-O-D-Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FEAR THE G-O-A-T!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Why was everyone on my case before?

Looks like you all agree. My trade scenerio was all based on the idea that the Pistons are not going go keep and pay two Centers. Both are good, special players but they will only hurt themselves by playing one of them and Smith out of position.

Personally, I keep Rondo. But if its a Rondo for Drummond trade? I think Danny would be all over that. Drummond could be our Center for the next 10 years and would complete a total rebuild.

If we were to trade Rondo, Lee, Brooks and Wallace for Jennings, Drummond, Stuckey and Villanueva ... Detroit would absolutely be a contender and the Celtics could play their hearts out and sink into the deep lottery. I'd imagine a scenerio where Danny skillfully drafts Marcus Smart.

Smart, Bradley, Green, Sully & Drummond with Jennings, Crawford, Olynyk, Bass and Fab/Fav would be a fun young team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

"Dumars thinks Drummond is special"

... and he's right. BUT he has to make a decision, Monroe or Drummond. Drummond will get him back better value in a trade. I'm not sure what other team would trade away their allstar PG though ... Think about it. Kyrie, Lillard, Paul, Williams, Rose, Curry, Wall ... those guys are not going anywhere. Maybe Kyrie, but if he leaves Cleveland, he sure isn't leaving for Detroit.

Rondo on the other hand ... if he wants to move on from the Celtics ... maybe he wants to be a leader of a team with is buddy Smith. (Or maybe he screws detroit and forms a super-team in LAL to spite Doc & Celtics)

If they don't get Rondo, they're basically stuck with Jennings who isn't going to win you anything. Their only home (IMO) is to serve up Drummond onto a silver platter for Danny!

(And then work on a finding a shooter)

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts