International Basketball/NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: International Basketball/NBA

In Response to International Basketball/NBA:
    [QUOTE]The rules and officiating are fundamentally different. The international game is called much more closely on traveling and much looser on fouls. It is the perscription to the growing problem that is NBA officiating. All refs have a bias. You can't completely resolve that issue, but there are some that are much better than others at keeping their bias in check. Those who can't need to find a different line of work because they are ruining the game. This is a problem that is seen both in international play and in the NBA.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

It's part of the game. Like Game 7 of last season's Finals, the refs called a lot of fouls against the Celtics but it's not the refs fault that Gasol got 18 rebounds while KG only got 3.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

If Perk is in there, no way Gasol pulls down 18 rebounds.....not that Perk is a great rebounder.....he averages around the same as Bynum in about the same number of minutes....around 8+ per game (although we've all seen him have a breakout game with 15+).....the point is.....he takes up space, is tough....very much an enforcer....his shot blocking was missed as well.....I'm not sure we'll ever see KG as the rebounder he once was....that's another reason I like Shaq and JON sharing time....if Perk can make it back we will have a very large three headed monster for 48 minutes.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

not that i dont care about game 7, but it is more than that.

P34,

It doesn't have to be part of the game. People flop like crazy in the NBA to get calls. The league needs to toughen up and stop giving foul calls so easily.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: International Basketball/NBA:
    [QUOTE]If Perk is in there, no way Gasol pulls down 18 rebounds.....not that Perk is a great rebounder.....he averages around the same as Bynum in about the same number of minutes....around 8+ per game (although we've all seen him have a breakout game with 15+).....the point is.....he takes up space, is tough....very much an enforcer....his shot blocking was missed as well.....I'm not sure we'll ever see KG as the rebounder he once was....that's another reason I like Shaq and JON sharing time....if Perk can make it back we will have a very large three headed monster for 48 minutes.....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]
    Don't forget Bynum wasn't even 50% for most of the series either...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: International Basketball/NBA : Don't forget Bynum wasn't even 50% for most of the series either...
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Here we go with the Bynum excuse again. When was the last time Andrew Bynum played at 100% in the postseason? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tigerli. Show tigerli's posts

It's part of the game. Like Game 7 of last season's Finals, the refs called a lot of fouls against the Celtics but it's not the refs fault that Gasol got 18 rebounds while KG only got 3.

jerseysfactory10@yahoo.com 
    http://www.jerseys-factory.com  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Everybody, come on.  Let's let the Finals go.  It doesn't matter now that Perk was out in game 7.  Bynum was essentially out too.  But it's over.  We can speculate and throw "what ifs" out there all we want.  It doesn't matter.

As for the International/NBA game, watching these World Championships, they are so different that it's crazy.  I can respect the difference in the rules.  However, what I cannot respect is the officials inability to officiate the speed and athleticism of the Team USA players.

I have no problem letting the guys play physical.  I just hate to see the inconsistent travelling calls that take the flow out of the game because these officials are not used to the quickness of Team USA players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

petey, they might just be traveling. the nba lets a lot of that go. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

petey, they might just be traveling. the nba lets a lot of that go. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Not making excuses, just pointing out that the excuse makers have ammunition on BOTH sides. The weak gravitate toward them like flies.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: International Basketball/NBA : Here we go with the Bynum excuse again. When was the last time Andrew Bynum played at 100% in the postseason? 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You are right, the excuses and whining is better left to the Celtics fans, they are the real pros when it comes to that, from the head coach on down. Besides, the Lakers don't need an excuse, they won with their starting center on one leg anyway. Reading between the lines, your post is saying that only Boston is allowed to make excuses, and I couldn't agree more. Otherwise, how would you softies remain upright?

One thing I learned from this off season is how soft the fan base is in Boston. I always had the impression that Boston was a tough town, but obviously that was a misconception. I have never seen a sorrier group of excuse making whiners who just make things up as they go because they can't accept defeat like grown men. It is just basketball, and there is always next year. So, just keep flashing that vag, and all you do is make the City of Boston appear like a bunch of soft clowns. Way to represent............

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

When hands of stone can do a quarter of the stuff Drew can do, come back and post. Till then watch the next great NBA center!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9efsJwJxYEk

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Marc Gasol? They should have held on to him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: International Basketball/NBA : And let's not forget the last time both of them were at 100%, Perkins handled himself rather well against Bynum, and there's no reason that will drastically change, even with Gasol in the lineup.
    Posted by stevekubersky[/QUOTE]
    Judging by how well Bynum and Gasol dominated the paint in the first three games of the finals before the knee got worse, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Bynum's health was a factor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: International Basketball/NBA : Judging by how well Bynum and Gasol dominated the paint in the first three games of the finals before the knee got worse, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Bynum's health was a factor.

Ah....you WON - how was it a factor - what, didn't win by enough?  JEEZ!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: International Basketball/NBA : Ah....you WON - how was it a factor - what, didn't win by enough?  JEEZ!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]
    I was responding to stevekubersky, who downplayed the significance of Bynum playing injured.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: International Basketball/NBA : I was responding to stevekubersky, who downplayed the significance of Bynum playing injured.

You guys are trying to ruin a great Finals with you petty complaints!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Please don't get me wrong. I am not complaining here. Just trying to be clear to those making excuses that both teams have had injury issues that adversely affected their play. The Celtics won fairly in 08, the Lakers won fairly in 10. End of story.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Please don't get me wrong. I am not complaining here. Just trying to be clear to those making excuses that both teams have had injury issues that adversely affected their play. The Celtics won fairly in 08, the Lakers won fairly in 10. End of story.

I agree that both teams won fairly-  but to keep bringing up injury "issues" when you won is really low class.  I don't even do it when we lose!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: International Basketball/NBA : I agree that both teams won fairly-  but to keep bringing up injury "issues" when you won is really low class.  I don't even do it when we lose!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    That is why I didn't say a thing to you about it - I reminded your Celtic brethren of it when they whined about Perkins injury being the only reason the Celtics lost. BOTH teams dealt with significant injuries.

Misrepresenting others' opinions is also low class.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Most of the celt trolls believe they lost because of the refs....yes hilarious and delusional, makes our 16th championship all the more sweeter.

Sections
Shortcuts