Interview with Rondo

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Interview with Rondo

19 and 5. Are you sure?

I thought they were 26 and 2 since he got hurt.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

If I was a sports reporter I would want to get an interview with RR

Interview with Rondo who?

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

He won't give any. It's very clear that this team doesn't need him as much as he believes. Time to pack and say goodbye! Hope they had gotten rid of him before the trade deadline but oh well... better times are coming.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We will miss him in the playoffs, no doubt, but I agree he needs to go this off-season to rebuild!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

If I was a sports reporter I would want to get an interview with RR and see what his impression is of our 19-5 record since he went out............It would be interesting if he admitted to his hogging the ball til the clock ran down instead of keeping it moving..........
    Questions I would ask......

1) Do you think being a traffic cop with a 24 second clock is effective

2) Do you think more people touching the ball helps the team

3) What do you think of AB defense by his keeping his man in front of him

4) Can you anticipate giving the ball up earlier in the shot clock

----------------------------------------

I submitted to Rondo who graciously answered.

1) Yes, of course that is why the team struggles in late game situations. You need someone out there who knows all the sets to organize the team. 

2) Of course that is why I'm called a pass first point guard. idiots often criticize that.

3) Avery is the best on ball defender since Gary Payton. Even better than me and I'm a 4 time all defense member who has twice finished in the top five in defensive player of the year voting. 

4) of course then the ball will come back to me when it swings to the weak side where I will likely have and advantage over the opposition. Opening the offense up for a player of my speed and vision will be great. 

Thanks for asking your questions. Look forward to being the starting point guard for the next ten years and since Doc and Danny love me I guess you'll have to root for the Heat or something. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Hehehehe...that's funny 'traffic cop"   -   now all cameras at the intersection will not lie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

1) Yes, of course that is why the team struggles in late game situations. You need someone out there who knows all the sets to organize the team. 

2) Of course that is why I'm called a pass first point guard. idiots often criticize that.

3) Avery is the best on ball defender since Gary Payton. Even better than me and I'm a 4 time all defense member who has twice finished in the top five in defensive player of the year voting. 

4) of course then the ball will come back to me when it swings to the weak side where I will likely have and advantage over the opposition. Opening the offense up for a player of my speed and vision will be great. 

Thanks for asking your questions. Look forward to being the starting point guard for the next ten years and since Doc and Danny love me I guess you'll have to root for the Heat or something. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

all you rondo haters best leave Boston because rondo isn't going anywhere. he will adjust his game, come back better and will lead us to another championship. If it was 10 years ago you'd all be hating on Paul

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Celtics have the second best record in the NBA since he went down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

+1

all you rondo haters best leave Boston because rondo isn't going anywhere. he will adjust his game, come back better and will lead us to another championship. If it was 10 years ago you'd all be hating on Paul

[/QUOTE]

That's the million dollar question...Will he change???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

If I was a sports reporter I would want to get an interview with RR and see what his impression is of our 19-5 record since he went out............It would be interesting if he admitted to his hogging the ball til the clock ran down instead of keeping it moving..........
    Questions I would ask......

True championship players don't care about their stats...

But of course, Kobe and MJ won many a title...Mj relented and passed the ball more...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to KG-LB-KM's comment:

Celtics have the second best record in the NBA since he went down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo: "I don't understand the question." 

Rondo: "Not unless they put the ball in the hoop, otherwise I don't get credit for an assist. So I'll bounce the ball out front until I see someone cutting or getting open off a screen and only then will I pass it.  Since I can't shoot jump shots or hit free throws, I need to focus on assists."  

Rondo: "I used to try to do that earlier in my career...you know, when I couldn't shoot very well.  but now that I'm an elite PG, I don't need to focus on defense anymore.  I like to see how well my team mates help out after I let my man blow by me. Maybe It will make them better one day. 

Rondo:  Nobody tells me what to do because I'm the leader on this team, which means I control the ball. No need to give it up unless I think it will lead directly to a basket and another assist. Its all about me. Now leave me alone so I can go brood and sulk." 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

'You can pick up my cups @ the end of the interview. Make sure you gush & bow constantly about how great I am. I may show up on the bench @ playoff time so my playoff greatness rubs off on my team. I'm not here during the regular season because my greatness is reserved only for when it counts.Accept for closeout games. Opps- did I say that out loud? This interview is OVER".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Rondo: "I don't understand the question." 

Rondo: "Not unless they put the ball in the hoop, otherwise I don't get credit for an assist. So I'll bounce the ball out front until I see someone cutting or getting open off a screen and only then will I pass it.  Since I can't shoot jump shots or hit free throws, I need to focus on assists."  

Rondo: "I used to try to do that earlier in my career...you know, when I couldn't shoot very well.  but now that I'm an elite PG, I don't need to focus on defense anymore.  I like to see how well my team mates help out after I let my man blow by me. Maybe It will make them better one day. 

Rondo:  Nobody tells me what to do because I'm the leader on this team, which means I control the ball. No need to give it up unless I think it will lead directly to a basket and another assist. Its all about me. Now leave me alone so I can go brood and sulk." 

LMAO..........

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

just so you know, damfuno, when you ask for your interview rondo's gonna want to know who you're affiliated with. do not tell him bdc celtics forum or you'll be dismissed as a jackleg.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

. Now leave me alone so I can go brood and sulk." 

Turns out that R9R is in Florida rehabing out of sight.  He wanted to be back in Beantown close to his guys, cheering them on... but no.

Then realized that he would distract the team and fuel false hopes of an early return to action if spotted in the Garden.

(Can you imagine delirious chants of "MVP... MVP... MVP" to no avail... if sighted in civies?  Crushing!)

And to think Rondo used to be so self-centered.

Pud 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Complain all you want he isn't likely going anywhere. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Rondo has proved that he is very capable. He played very good to great in last year's play-offs.

Doc Rivers said during an interview this year, that all great players, or Stars, want to win the NBA championship, but most are not willing to do what it takes, they want to win on their own terms. 

Also, before Rondo was injured Doc complained in public that his players were not playing the right way, and if it did not change, he would make changes.

In the Rockets game,  Rondo's guard assignment lit up the Celtics in the first half, At half time, Doc was trying to coach and he was getting an arguement from some unknown player. Pierce stepped in and said that Doc was trying to coach and that he should listen. In the second half the teams defense showed up and Rondo's guard assignment had little success. After the game Terry credited Pierces talk with the win. Of course the player that was arguing with Doc was not named, but is it possible that this describes anyone but Rondo?

Since being anointed by management as the team's leader, during this regular season, it is obvious to those that pay attention to defense, that Rondo's focus was steals and rebounds, and not staying in front of his man as Doc wants. The result, was that Rondo got media attention for his stats, steals and rebounds, and team defense suffered. What a difference it makes now, when all five guys are playing defense.

On offense, Rondo wanted to be the league leader in assists, because great point guards have great stats. As a result, he dominated the ball, often waiting until there were a few seconds left in the 24 second clock, waiting for the right pass so that he can get his assist. 

Rondo plays to win in the play-offs because that is what great players are expected to do. During the regular season he plays to win but on his own terms.  Assists, rebounds, steals, and triple doubles are needed to be an all-star and a media star. He wants to win. but only if he is considered a great point guard as well.

The Celtics have started winning because everyone is now playing defense, and offense. More people get touches and the Celts get into their sets earlier because there is more passing and less dribbling. Green and Wilcox are picking up the slack left by Suliger's absence. Rondo, on the other hand, provides regular season improvement by subtraction.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

+1

[/QUOTE]

what are you talking about,  about 5-7 of them still hate on Paul game in and game out.