Is Ainge a better GM than Larry Bird?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Is Ainge a better GM than Larry Bird?

Danny has a Title as a GM so maybe that answers the question. However, Larry has been succesful every step of the way {as a Player, Coach and GM} but his Pacers seem to be headed downhill, even after Miami handed them Home Court. Larry found Stevenson in the 2nd Round and Paul George seems to be a steal as the 10th pick in the draft so Larry has done pretty well. However, no golden ring for LB so does that alone put Danny on top? Off topic but I wonder if David West now wishes he would have joined the C's Big 3 and made a run for a Title with them? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Is Ainge a better GM than Larry Bird?

"until LB puts together a championship team there is no argument. GM's are judged by championships. DA has one, LB doesn't. pretty cut and dry." 

I think that's fair. Bird's Grainger for Turner trade was almost (but not quite) as big as Ainge's worst, Perk for Green. 

Another issue is that Paul George is on a huge contract and suddenly he can't play. 

We have to see how things sort in Indiana, right now, they are in the midst of a bizarre collapse, but we'll see how far they drop.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Cant fault Larry for putting the talent together... Hard to understand the meltdown the Pacers are having but it seems to start with Hibbard.... followed closely by George.  I cant find a reason to even blame the coach.. whats the guy to do when 2 all stars cant make a bucket and seem to have lost their skills.

I dont buy the argument they're tired... why werent they tired last season when they took the Heat to 7? Hard one to figure

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I agree with everyone.  This collapse by the Pacers isn't easy to understand.  Trading Grainger also seems to have been a mistake.  I could definitely see them losing to Atlanta which shouldn't happen to #1 seed.  It would be nice to see them bounce back in the next game but I am not sure they will. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Both are very good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Larry seems to be a phenomenal talent evaluator, but that isn't the only job as GM. Like most of you, you have to rank DA above Larry because of the ring. People are forgetting the Luis Scola trade, which also seems to have hurt the Pacers. Remember they gave up Plumlee (averaged 8 and 8 this year), Gerald Green (15 points per), and a 2014 first rounder. Scola looked awful the other night. Seems like Larry might have gotten ahead of himself. But then again, Danny has made bad trades too. 

If Indiana loses in the first round, watch and see what Larry does to the team. Hibbert only took 9 shots the other day, and in the second half it looked like no one could stop him. They need to feed him more to slow the game down. The Pacers are a team that is built to win the battle of attrition. They need to play that way. Hibbert and West are the keys to that. You play inside-out to open up the floor for PG, Lance, Hill, and Turner (who was by far the worst player on the floor in game one). 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Indiana is losing again tonight.   They should be playing with urgency and winning this game.  Even if they win tonight I would be surprised if they win any games in Atlanta.  Indiana was one of the best teams in the NBA at the beginning of the season.  It is very disappointing.