Is Ainge getting raped?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Is Ainge getting raped?

Better to take a deal on your terms and not be dictated to when you have what the other guy wants. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The Clippers said no to 3 different scenarios...what does that tell CP3. LOL! Good luck building around Griffin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The Clips aren't the Clips for no reason.  They have a chance at a good coach and they try to dictate the terms of the deal?  I am sure the media will say that Sterling walked, but if I'm Ainge I'd really question just how much the Clips wanted that deal and I'd move on knowing that you did the right thing.  Again, you can't dictate the terms on three variations of a deal when you're the guy who's 1) tampering for a head coach under contract and 2) desperate to bring in a coach whose hiring would mean you retain your star PG.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Better to take a deal on your terms and not be dictated to when you have what the other guy wants. 

So true.

Agree with you both.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

DA came out of this OK. KG and Doc and to some degree PP have tarnished their good guys image to the point to me they are all persona non grata as Celtics. I don't want Doc back!!! KG gets his cash retirement or no handcuffing us to 33 mil either way he bleeds green alright,just not Celtic green. If KG has an ounce of appreciation to the Celtic organization he will waive his no trade and insistence that he will only return with Doc and PP. Pierce really has no say one way or the other so he isn't really guilty of anything other than being selfish in his resistence to do whats best for the Celtics,especially after the commitment we've shown him over the last decade. Doc will probably never win another championship in his career. In 07 4 players having a monster year won it noy him. In 10 his lack of ability to substitute properly and micro manage every one not named Pierce,Garnett,Allen cost us a second banner. We get rid of all 3 and we still are as good as we were last year. Last year we showed even if for a short time that we could contend but Doc started to micro manage and PP refused to get less stats for more wins and KG started taking more and more 20 footers and less and less banging. Next team wants to talk to Doc we should hire an arbitrator and let the league set the compensation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Agree, all we've gotten from the Clipps so far is b.s.

You know that the Clipps only want to use Bledsoe and the other first round pick in a package to get another great player, so their pushback on the C's demands are not really about it depleting their franchise and future.

You know Sterling & the Clipps FO is feeding Brousard the line that CP3 is cool with Hollins and/or Scott as an alternative.

Also, I pray that DA didn't pull a Lucchino and let Doc talk to the Clipps without having the parameters of a deal in place, so you know the Clipps had to have tampered with Doc to get this far and I hope DA can somehow use that to his benefit.

As Bias pointed out in another thread, the C's have everyone still under contract while the Clipps don't even have a coach and are desperately trying to keep CP3.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

That would be awesome if we got 2 1st as a penalty for tampering . There is no way a trade should be upheld by a coach of one of the teams involved,especially when it invovles a coach under contract to a team and is advising the other team who not to trade. A stiff penalty from the league like this would make the league look more like a big time league and would do a lot for Sterns legacy that he was a strong enough commish to stop the inmates from running the institution instead of just trying to rearrange the deck chairs of the titantic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mld12. Show mld12's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

First we want, picks, Jordan and bledsoe. Clips say no!

Then it's Jordan, a pick and take a bad contract off our hands. Clips say no.

Then it's okay, Jordan, a couple of late round meaningless picks and that's it.

The clips get a hall of famer in a great defender and shooter in KG. Probably A Hall of famer in Pierce and still a top five small forward. The guy who is regarded as the second best coach in the game

AND they probably get to keep the franchise Chris Paul who is threatning to walk if The clips don't get him a championship caliber team.

Ainge at this point we are better off letting Doc do TV and letting KG retire. If you can't get cap releif or any real assets from the deal screw the clips. Our job isn't to help them.

I'm glad Ainge stuck to his guns.  The clippers are a Pathetic and Cheap organization that has a history of this type of behavior.  People in LA still believe the deal will get done because Chris Paul wantS it to happen.  Ainge do not give in.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

That would be awesome if we got 2 1st as a penalty for tampering . There is no way a trade should be upheld by a coach of one of the teams involved,especially when it invovles a coach under contract to a team and is advising the other team who not to trade. A stiff penalty from the league like this would make the league look more like a big time league and would do a lot for Sterns legacy that he was a strong enough commish to stop the inmates from running the institution instead of just trying to rearrange the deck chairs of the titantic.

+1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Doc is killing this deal. Cheap Sterling isn't gonna pay Doc $35MM for 5 yrs and give the C's what they deserve for for KG and Doc. If Doc wants to get the deal done he will lower his contract demand from the Clips for starters. Chris Paul should ask the Clips if they are willing to let him walk away over one draft pick or a $5MM contract (Terry or Lee) ????

It's all about $ .... Cheap azz Sterling wants to dump Jordan's $11MM and Get Doc & KG for one draft pick! Call their bluff Danny ... They will be back!

Why should Sterling give doc a 35/5 deal when it is clear that doc will walk away from that sort of a  deal... whenever he damn well decides to? Like now, for instance. 

Why should cheap-azz Sterling repeat dumb-azz DA's mistake re: doc?

As for what the Cs "deserve" for KG and doc, the Cs will get close to whatever the market dictates.... and that might be surprisingly little.

No fed government price supports here.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I know this may belong in the "Fire Ainge" thread but....

This is another example of Ainge's incompetence.  I am not in favor of "trading" Doc, nor am I in favor of his leaving; however, Ainge has probably sealed Doc's fate just as he did with Ray Allen.  Trying to trade someone says loudly and clearly that the person is not wanted, so what should the player's/coach's thinking be?  "If I'm not wanted, why should I stay, no matter how much is said otherwise?"  I have no respect for anyone who would treat a loyal employee, or any employee for that matter, with this kind of disregard and insult. His managerial skills leave everything to be desired. Putting these thoughts in Doc and Ray's respective head is typical Birdbrain Ainge - no thought about consequences of his words and actions.  What appalling arrogance!

I'm sure that a cadre of coaches and an assistant GM can handle the draft, unless a new GM could be appointed right away.  

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Ainge's done well so far in this whole affair as far as I can see.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to painter's comment:

This is another example of Ainge's incompetence.  I am not in favor of "trading" Doc, nor am I in favor of his leaving; however, Ainge has probably sealed Doc's fate just as he did with Ray Allen.  Trying to trade someone says loudly and clearly that the person is not wanted, so what should the player's/coach's thinking be?  "If I'm not wanted, why should I stay, no matter how much is said otherwise?"  I have no respect for anyone who would treat a loyal employee, or any employee for that matter, with this kind of disregard and insult. His managerial skills leave everything to be desired. Putting these thoughts in Doc and Ray's respective head is typical Birdbrain Ainge - no thought about consequences of his words and actions.  What appalling arrogance!

I'm sure that a cadre of coaches and an assistant GM can handle the draft, unless a new GM could be appointed right away.  

and where did it say Ainge was the first one to talk about trading Doc?..........Doc was one who could have quelled all this by saying he was staying..........he started this confusion by being wishy-washy right after their playoff loss.....especially after signing for 5 years and saying he was in for the long haul.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

and where did it say Ainge was the first one to talk about trading Doc?..........Doc was one who could have quelled all this by saying he was staying..........he started this confusion by being wishy-washy right after their playoff loss.....especially after signing for 5 years and saying he was in for the long haul.

Well, isn't it possible that Ainge being wishy-washy about Pierce and Garnett's return, leaving Doc or us to believe that a blow-up might be imminent.  Might the uncertainty of what sort of team might be on the floor for next year might have an effect on Doc's psyche?  His desire to coach a losing team without enough blocks to even be considered building for the future?  Those are reasonable considerations when the GM allows speculation to supercede definitive comments.  It would be one thing if Ainge presented a couple of (doable) scenarios, but he's left everything open to sometimes wild speculation and has indicated by his talks with the Clippers that Doc isn't worth keeping.  I'm sorry, but you're nearly assuming that Doc approached Sterling and offered his services.  After a grueling season, both players and coaches are exhausted, and then the GM offers no support or refuses to express confidence in the same players or coaches.  That can only lead to confusion and that confusion was laid in place by Ainge.  Following the timeline from the season's end until today, Ainge's reticence to indicate his intentions has led to speculations and what might now be fallout.  

Ainge should take responsibility for his treatment of PP, KG, RA, TA, and KP, and resign.  I'm aware that he wanted to get something for Perkins before he hit free agency, but there are a variety of ways to approach the situation, and his was ham-handed and, in the end, poorly timed.  

I respect what you might think; I just think Ainge has played a number of self-dealt bad hands and has consistently lost.  Lessons learned?  Not Danny.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Ainge didn't want Doc so he gave him 5@$7 mil. per?  I think Doc's cryptic no answer when asked about his future in Boston is all that we need to know about who wants to leave and why.  If Doc doesn't want to be here for a rebuild, fine, I get it.  If Ainge wants to move on from KG and Pierce, he is justified after a 1st round playoff exit to a team that wasn't that good.  But for Doc to try and parlay his situation into a head coaching job with another team while he's under contract to the Celts is dodgy.  It reeks of tampering, but Danny played along so it's too late for him to call foul.     

On principle, if I was Danny I'd hold out for the moon from the team that made overtures to Doc while he was under contract.  No deal?  Fine, move on, buy out Pierce, take KG's cap space and hold Doc hostage until another team wants to pay up.  DA knows he needs to move on, but he's doing it on his terms, not Doc's or the LA Clips' terms.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Ainge didn't want Doc so he gave him 5@$7 mil. per?  I think Doc's cryptic no answer when asked about his future in Boston is all that we need to know about who wants to leave and why.  If Doc doesn't want to be here for a rebuild, fine, I get it.  If Ainge wants to move on from KG and Pierce, he is justified after a 1st round playoff exit to a team that wasn't that good.  But for Doc to try and parlay his situation into a head coaching job with another team while he's under contract to the Celts is dodgy.  It reeks of tampering, but Danny played along so it's too late for him to call foul.     

On principle, if I was Danny I'd hold out for the moon from the team that made overtures to Doc while he was under contract.  No deal?  Fine, move on, buy out Pierce, take KG's cap space and hold Doc hostage until another team wants to pay up.  DA knows he needs to move on, but he's doing it on his terms, not Doc's or the LA Clips' terms.   

It's not just a rebuild, it's with whom, and Ainge has provided no indication of his intentions.  Doc doesn't put the team together, so he has to evaluate the talent under contract and decide how or if to coach them; it's his perogative as he can walk away from the contract .  What was Ainge's commitment to Doc when he signed the 5-year deal?  Was it to stay with the core, such as it was, for a year then blow it up?  I doubt if Doc would have been pleased with that, and I doubt that's what Ainge said.  Ainge may have made noises about restocking rather than rebuilding, and we know how that has ended up.  

I think the impetus for all of the turmoil began in Danny head, and long before the end of the season.  Doc had other things to occupy him, like no point guard and no center - Ainge's failings - and a plethora of shooting guards that couldn't shoot.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

It's not just a rebuild, it's with whom, and Ainge has provided no indication of his intentions.  Doc doesn't put the team together, so he has to evaluate the talent under contract and decide how or if to coach them; it's his perogative as he can walk away from the contract .  What was Ainge's commitment to Doc when he signed the 5-year deal?  Was it to stay with the core, such as it was, for a year then blow it up?  I doubt if Doc would have been pleased with that, and I doubt that's what Ainge said.  Ainge may have made noises about restocking rather than rebuilding, and we know how that has ended up.  

I think the impetus for all of the turmoil began in Danny head, and long before the end of the season.  Doc had other things to occupy him, like no point guard and no center - Ainge's failings - and a plethora of shooting guards that couldn't shoot.

[/QUOTE]

Ainge has no responsibility to anyone other than his own boss what his "intentions" are!

And Doc can't decide "how or IF to coach them" or "walk away" .... He's under contract!!!!

Does the contract say Danny must "indicate his intentions" or Doc can opt out? Does the contract say "if Doc doesn't know how or if he can coach" the players on the roster he can walk away?  Doubtful as HE'S UNDER CONTRACT!!!!  He signed up for this job and he's a big boy and knew what the possibilities were when he did ... Either coach or retire w/o pay and stay away from the game for 3 yrs as YOUR CONTRACT DICTATES!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Doc signed that deal knowing KG, PP and Ray wouldn't be here for the term.  Doc can either coach the Celts, sit or wait for Danny to get a deal that makes sense for the Celtics.  Danny was right not to kowtow to the Clips in a desperate deal for KG and Doc that clearly favors the Clips.