Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great?

In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? :  You've also been wrong before!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

but you have been proven wrong with facts and stats... time to accept and move on. If you want to use evidence and support why Parish, Sam, JoJo and Heinsohn are somehow worthy of booting Paul out of the top 10... so be it.

You CANNOT support Antoine above any of those guys, or about 3-4 other celtics, and CERTAINLY not above Paul Pierce... and facts proved this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : Perfect call. 'Toine played 2 years as the best player 1 year as the co-best player when Pierce was a 21 year old rookie. Then PP was better and 'Toine was soon gone. Max played his rookie year on the McAdoo/Wilkes debacle team... then spent 1 year as the best player before 23 year old rookie Larry Bird arrived and was instantly better. By age 23 Pierce was a 24 points 6 rebound 3 assist 2 steal guy who shot 45% and 38% taking 18.5 shots a game. Toine was only a year older than Paul but was chucking up 21.2 shots to score 1 less point a game. Shooting 41% and 36%. Now if Paul was given a C like Parish and a PF like McHale... then 'Toine could have been celebrated like Max was. the 4th or 5th best player on a champion who played within himself (hint more passing and intangibles, less 3pt shots) and maybe would have been a 14p-6r-4a-1s guy we all loved like we did Max from 80-84 (we kinda didn't love him in 85). Great comparison... I put them both in the same range all-time with Max's two rings and 1 finals MVP clearly trumping 'Toine's 3 all-star games and superior overall stats.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
     You keep referring to Maxwell as a Celtic great, yet a true Celtic great Larry Bird said Max, quit on them!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

Robert "The Chief" Parish played with McHale and Bird.

"I think Paul Pierce, the way he manufactures points is the best player the Celtics have seen thus far," Parish told the Globe. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : Perfect call. 'Toine played 2 years as the best player 1 year as the co-best player when Pierce was a 21 year old rookie. Then PP was better and 'Toine was soon gone. Max played his rookie year on the McAdoo/Wilkes debacle team... then spent 1 year as the best player before 23 year old rookie Larry Bird arrived and was instantly better. By age 23 Pierce was a 24 points 6 rebound 3 assist 2 steal guy who shot 45% and 38% taking 18.5 shots a game. Toine was only a year older than Paul but was chucking up 21.2 shots to score 1 less point a game. Shooting 41% and 36%. Now if Paul was given a C like Parish and a PF like McHale... then 'Toine could have been celebrated like Max was. the 4th or 5th best player on a champion who played within himself (hint more passing and intangibles, less 3pt shots) and maybe would have been a 14p-6r-4a-1s guy we all loved like we did Max from 80-84 (we kinda didn't love him in 85). Great comparison... I put them both in the same range all-time with Max's two rings and 1 finals MVP clearly trumping 'Toine's 3 all-star games and superior overall stats.

DJ, Ainge, LB, McHale, Chief, could Pierce have played the 2 guard, because if he couldn't he would be no more than a 6th or 7th man on this team!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? :  You keep referring to Maxwell as a Celtic great, yet a true Celtic great Larry Bird said Max, quit on them!!

"Celtic Greats" usually have their number retired. Cedric Maxwell had his number retired in 2003.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? :    DJ, Ainge, LB, McHale, Chief, could Pierce have played the 2 guard, because if he couldn't he would be no more than a 6th or 7th man on this team!!

Pierce was the 2 guard when Eric Williams was the starting SF during the Jim O'Brien era.

"The Truth" is in the NBA's top 10 SFs of all-time. To say that Pierce is not in the Celtics top 10 is plain ignorance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Russ, Bird, Hondo,Cousy, Cowens, Mchale,Sam,TommyH, Parish,KG.

pierce is in the next group, with Ray, DJ, Jo Jo, and Antoine. All with at least the times as many rings as Pierce, if you want to say Pierce is better then KG, be my guest

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : Pierce was the 2 guard when Eric Williams was the starting SF during the Jim O'Brien era. "The Truth" is in the NBA's top 10 SFs of all-time. To say that Pierce is not in the Celtics top 10 is plain ignorance. http://sportige.com/top-10-small-forwards-nba-history/
    Posted by BigBaby11[/QUOTE]

How many of you are there?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE] Russ, Bird, Hondo,Cousy, Cowens, Mchale,Sam,TommyH, Parish,KG.    pierce is in the next group, with Ray, DJ, Jo Jo, and Antoine. All with at least the times as many rings as Pierce, if you want to say Pierce is better then KG, be my guest

Ray doesn't even belong inthe  group

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE] Lets see a fact where Danny Ainge, larry Bird, or Kevin Mchale, says Pierce is a top 10 Celtic. It is a fact that Barkley said he wasn't. So i'm starting to see anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion, must be ignorant, an entertainer, or baised!!

Tommy H says he is the best Celtic scorer of all time.  Didn't figure you would get that.  Everyone that doesn't agree with you about Pierce you say is ignorant. Pretty obvious who the ignorant one is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : Ray doesn't even belong inthe  group
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Now who's the hater?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? :   Now who's the hater?

I don't hate Ray.  You have to put in the time to be a great Celtic. (and results)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : Tommy H says he is the best Celtic scorer of all time.  Didn't figure you would get that.  Everyone that doesn't agree with you about Pierce you say is ignorant. Pretty obvious who the ignorant one is.

You need to read my post, before you reply. I didn't call anyone ignorant. Just because someone doesn't agree with me, don't mean i think they are ignorant.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE] Russ, Bird, Hondo,Cousy, Cowens, Mchale,Sam,TommyH, Parish,KG.    pierce is in the next group, with Ray, DJ, Jo Jo, and Antoine. All with at least the times as many rings as Pierce, if you want to say Pierce is better then KG, be my guest

ahhahahaha

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? :  You keep referring to Maxwell as a Celtic great, yet a true Celtic great Larry Bird said Max, quit on them!!

I say Max is somewhere between 17-20 on 'all time celtic greats' his # is in the rafters.

'Toine is just behind him... Pierce is 10-12 spots ahead

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? :  You need to read my post, before you reply. I didn't call anyone ignorant. Just because someone doesn't agree with me, don't mean i think they are ignorant.

Excuse me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : I don't hate Ray.  You have to put in the time to be a great Celtic. (and results)

Didn't Ray and KG start playing for the C's at the same time?  Longevity does not make you great.  Sandy Kofax had 5 great years, and he's probably considered the greatest pitcher of all time!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? :  You need to read my post, before you reply. I didn't call anyone ignorant. Just because someone doesn't agree with me, don't mean i think they are ignorant.

but when you say Pierce is in the same group of Celtics as Antoine, and that is in the 12-14 range of all-time Celticds... you are 100% WRONG AND Ignorant....

5-7 spots too low for Paul and 5-7 too high for Toine... the difference between them is vast... proven by facts and stats, and now you are just humiliating yourself

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Pierce is definitely a top ten Celtic

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : Excuse me.

Don't worry about it. I still love you!!  HAHAHA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? :    Didn't Ray and KG start playing for the C's at the same time?  Longevity does not make you great.  Sandy Kofax had 5 great years, and he's probably considered the greatest pitcher of all time!!

and yet you scoff at Silas and his 4 great all-defensive years and 2 rings compared to Toine and his 7 years where he underachieves in 4-5.

Everybody would take 5 years of KG or Ray over 7 of 'Toine and most would take 4 of Silas over him as well.

You have been shown the door KY, you are a joke trying to rile poeple up. you provide no facts, stats or solid reasoning besides wise-cracks and comments that shame real Celtics fans...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? :    Didn't Ray and KG start playing for the C's at the same time?  Longevity does not make you great.  Sandy Kofax had 5 great years, and he's probably considered the greatest pitcher of all time!!

I thought we were talking about Celtic greats?  Does that make Walton a Celtic great?  Maravich?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : but when you say Pierce is in the same group of Celtics as Antoine, and that is in the 12-14 range of all-time Celticds... you are 100% WRONG AND Ignorant.... 5-7 spots too low for Paul and 5-7 too high for Toine... the difference between them is vast... proven by facts and stats, and now you are just humiliating yourself

bested again

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : but when you say Pierce is in the same group of Celtics as Antoine, and that is in the 12-14 range of all-time Celticds... you are 100% WRONG AND Ignorant.... 5-7 spots too low for Paul and 5-7 too high for Toine... the difference between them is vast... proven by facts and stats, and now you are just humiliating yourself

That's your opinion, and i'm not trying to change it, and you're not going to change mine. You've got your own list why worry about mine?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : and yet you scoff at Silas and his 4 great all-defensive years and 2 rings compared to Toine and his 7 years where he underachieves in 4-5. Everybody would take 5 years of KG or Ray over 7 of 'Toine and most would take 4 of Silas over him as well. You have been shown the door KY, you are a joke trying to rile poeple up. you provide no facts, stats or solid reasoning besides wise-cracks and comments that shame real Celtics fans...

Showme where i scoffed at Silas, i said i wouldn't have him as high as you had him, that don't mean i don't think he was a great Celtic. I would take Paul Silas on any of my teams!!

Sections
Shortcuts