Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great?

In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great?:
    In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : I thought we were talking about Celtic greats?  Does that make Walton a Celtic great?  Maravich?
    Posted by OneOnOne

If Walton had two years like 77, and 78, than i would consider him a Celtic great. Pistol Pete only made pistol Pete look good, so my answer would be no to the pistol!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? :  That's your opinion, and i'm not trying to change it, and you're not going to change mine. You've got your own list why worry about mine?  
    Posted by kyceltic

I am not trying to change your opinion that you like Antoine more than Pierce. Because that is actually an opinion.

Who is a greater Celtic is not a debate. The answer is Pierce and it is a FACT.

do you not know the diff between a fact and an opinion?

My support iof Pierce is not my opinion it is FACT supported by anyone with any clue of the game this team and PROVEN by facts and stats.

Your 'opinion' has been proven wrong. You cannot claim what you say is right b/c it is  'your opinion'. Sorry. There are rights and wrongs in this world. Saying Antoine is a greater all-time Celtic than Pierce (or even somewhere in the 12-14 range with him) is WRONG.

If you want to say "who are your FAVORITE Celtics of all time" by all means go ahead.... I'd give you a list that has DJ, Rick Fox, Sherm, Ainge, Ray Allen and Parish in my top 10 b/c those are my fav's (along w/ Bird/Pierce/Hondo who are already there).

You cannot claim that Antoine is a greater Celtic than Paul Pierce... he is not... it is like saying Jimmy Carter is a better President than Abe Lincoln. So why come out and look like a complete fool? This is a sports forum for talking Celtics. If that is really your opinion and you cannot comprehend things like facts, stats and the truth and are really that ignorant then you don't belong on this website.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : I am not trying to change your opinion that you like Antoine more than Pierce. Because that is actually an opinion. Who is a greater Celtic is not a debate. The answer is Pierce and it is a FACT. do you not know the diff between a fact and an opinion? My support iof Pierce is not my opinion it is FACT supported by anyone with any clue of the game this team and PROVEN by facts and stats. Your 'opinion' has been proven wrong . You cannot claim what you say is right b/c it is  'your opinion'. Sorry. There are rights and wrongs in this world. Saying Antoine is a greater all-time Celtic than Pierce (or even somewhere in the 12-14 range with him) is WRONG. If you want to say "who are your FAVORITE Celtics of all time" by all means go ahead.... I'd give you a list that has DJ, Rick Fox, Sherm, Ainge, Ray Allen and Parish in my top 10 b/c those are my fav's (along w/ Bird/Pierce/Hondo who are already there). You cannot claim that Antoine is a greater Celtic than Paul Pierce... he is not... it is like saying Jimmy Carter is a better President than Abe Lincoln. So why come out and look like a complete fool? This is a sports forum for talking Celtics. If that is really your opinion and you cannot comprehend things like facts, stats and the truth and are really that ignorant then you don't belong on this website.
    Posted by rameakap

1. My liking Antoine better than Pierce has nothing to do with anything.

2.You use the word ignorant alot,bet you heard it alot growing up didn't you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? :  1. My liking Antoine better than Pierce has nothing to do with anything.  2.You use the word ignorant alot,bet you heard it alot growing up didn't you?
    Posted by kyceltic

Take yet another post that shows how misguided and confused you are (like all those that used stats to prove things beyond any refutation) and then briefly respond to it with bizarre unsupported comments and pathetic childish little jabs.

You can like Antoine as a player or person better than Paul Pierce. Nobody is denying that this cannot be your opinion. It can.

You cannot claim he is a better all-time Celtic because you cannot change facts simply by spouting wrong opinions. The facts stay facts and your opinions remain wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I can say "it is my opinion the holocaust never happened!' I can live a delusional dream world like you do with Antoine... but the facts remain.

Paul Pierce is a greater all-time Celtic than Antoine Walker. Nobody can prove it otherwise and it is not up for debate.

FACT

Period. End of discussion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? :  1. My liking Antoine better than Pierce has nothing to do with anything.  2.You use the word ignorant alot,bet you heard it alot growing up didn't you?
    Posted by kyceltic

Dude your getting blistered.  Time to go to bed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

I can say "it is my opinion the holocaust never happened!' I can live a delusional dream world like you do with Antoine... but the facts remain. Paul Pierce is a greater all-time Celtic than Antoine Walker. Nobody can prove it otherwise and it is not up for debate. FACT Period. End of discussion.
    Posted by rameakap

This could possibly be the only time ever in the world that Antoine Walker was used in an analogy with the holocaust.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

kc jones, sam jones, sharman, cousy, cowens, jo jo white, hondo, russell, bird, parish, mchale, DJ, pierce, heinsohn, silas, ainge, maxwell, ramsey, sanders....

maybe twon cracks the outside edge of the top 20?

i don't see what the big debate is?  there is so much winning that has gone on in the history of this franchise and twon was a part of none of it.  he was a 40% shooting power forward whose rebounding skills faded fast. 

in fairness to him, he must have had some knee issues, but in fairness to the truth, he was also lax in his conditioning regimen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Posted by kyceltic

You know you're having a bad night posting when on a night the Celtics beat up the hapless Cavs, and PP had a great game, all you can talk about is how great Toine was. 

LOL 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Any list involving celtics greats must start with every player that has atleast won a championship.  NO RING you go at the bottom.  So Toine is after Don Nelson and others from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Any list involving celtics greats must start with every player that has atleast won a championship.  NO RING you go at the bottom.  So Toine is after Don Nelson and others from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. 
    Posted by jdm894g

I think kyceltic's sole objective is just to devalue Paul Pierce. Everybody here seem to agree that Pierce is in the top 10 and Antoine Walker should be outside the top 10. But in kyceltic's list Antoine Walker is #14 and Paul Pierce #15. Go figure.

kyceltic is just making sure that everyone here knows or will know that kyceltic thinks Antoine Walker is better than Paul Pierce as a player. kyceltic even used Charles Barkley as reference, telling everyone here that Barkley thinks Pierce is not in the top 10 of great Celtic players. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : I think kyceltic's sole objective is just to devalue Paul Pierce. Everybody here seem to agree that Pierce is in the top 10 and Antoine Walker should be outside the top 10. But in kyceltic's list Antoine Walker is #14 and Paul Pierce #15. Go figure. kyceltic is just making sure that everyone here knows or will know that kyceltic thinks Antoine Walker is better than Paul Pierce as a player. kyceltic even used Charles Barkley as reference, telling everyone here that Barkley thinks Pierce is not in the top 10 of great Celtic players. 
    Posted by P34

Making ky wrong, obnoxious and ignorant as he cannot use incorrect opinions to dispute known facts that are proven and not up for debate

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? :  You've also been wrong before!!
    Posted by kyceltic

Excuse me, oh Omnipotent One.  I guess forgetting Wilt won ONE title before he became a laker is my Cardinal Sin for the year.  You are getting torched by Rame on this thread, you are also WRONG about Antoine being better than Pierce AND....... A LOT is two words, you always write it as "alot" (did you write it that way A LOT as a child?), oh magnificent one?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Walker was the anti-Celtic

He was known for selfish play, shooting threes when ever he could, and padding stats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : I think kyceltic's sole objective is just to devalue Paul Pierce. Everybody here seem to agree that Pierce is in the top 10 and Antoine Walker should be outside the top 10. But in kyceltic's list Antoine Walker is #14 and Paul Pierce #15. Go figure. kyceltic is just making sure that everyone here knows or will know that kyceltic thinks Antoine Walker is better than Paul Pierce as a player. kyceltic even used Charles Barkley as reference, telling everyone here that Barkley thinks Pierce is not in the top 10 of great Celtic players. 
    Posted by P34

Of course it is.  Because anyone with half an inkling of a grain of knowledge of basketball cannot dispute that PP is a better player than AW.  You can LIKE a player better than another, but, if you are honest with yourself, you can see what skills a player has, and make an objective determination based upon the facts.  I LIKED Robert Parish better than Moses Malone, but.......Malone was a more dominant player (even though the Cheif gets high marks for longevity).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Hey Ky,
    Know what these are:

18  14  33.8  .430  .370  .630  1.90  4.00  5.90   3 .2  .78  .56   3.28  2.83  16.5

AW's stats in the "no"D-League this year.

How about these?

Yep, Paul Pierce, who is the REAL league is scoring more points on fewer shots in the same amount of mins - JUST LIKE HE DID WHEN THEY PLAYED TOGETHER!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : Making ky wrong, obnoxious and ignorant as he cannot use incorrect opinions to dispute known facts that are proven and not up for debate
    Posted by rameakap

But i didn't lie like you did. When i used Barkley to help make my point, i was telling the truth, that's what Barkley said about Pierce. When you tried to use Larry Bird and Danny Ainge, you lied, they didn't say Pierce was a top 10 Celtic, you wished they had but they didn't!  Kevin McHale was asked if he thought Pierce was under rated when compared to other Celtic greats, he laughed and said no he didn't think he was under rated. So where i rate Pierce is my opinion, what Barkely and McHale said is fact. how you rate Pierce is your opinion, what you said Ainge and Bird said, were lies!!  Now this discussion is over

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? :  But i didn't lie like you did. When i used Barkley to help make my point, i was telling the truth, that's what Barkley said about Pierce. When you tried to use Larry Bird and Danny Ainge, you lied, they didn't say Pierce was a top 10 Celtic, you wished they had but they didn't!  Kevin McHale was asked if he thought Pierce was under rated when compared to other Celtic greats, he laughed and said no he didn't think he was under rated. So where i rate Pierce is my opinion, what Barkely and McHale said is fact. how you rate Pierce is your opinion, what you said Ainge and Bird said, were lies!!  Now this discussion is over
    Posted by kyceltic

Barkley helped you make your point?  Grabbing for anything huh?  Barkley has been wrong ten times more than he is right.  Barkley picks anyone against the C's.  Spurs are 3rd best team in league.  yep you picked a winner with Charles.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : Excuse me, oh Omnipotent One.  I guess forgetting Wilt won ONE title before he became a laker is my Cardinal Sin for the year.  You are getting torched by Rame on this thread, you are also WRONG about Antoine being better than Pierce AND....... A LOT is two words, you always write it as "alot" (did you write it that way A LOT as a child?), oh magnificent one?
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Thanks alot!  I know 2,3, and 6 are 11.  I come from a large family, I own my own business, my sister is a Dentist, my brother owns a construction company. 
     The other two are school teachers, when they tell us their not as successful as we are, we tell them, that's okay you're in a honorable profession. Keep up the good work!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : Barkley helped you make your point?  Grabbing for anything huh?  Barkley has been wrong ten times more than he is right.  Barkley picks anyone against the C's.  Spurs are 3rd best team in league.  yep you picked a winner with Charles.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Tell him that!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Russ, Bird, Hondo,Cousy, Cowens, Mchale,Sam,TommyH, Parish,KG.    pierce is in the next group, with Ray, DJ, Jo Jo, and Antoine. All with at least the times as many rings as Pierce, if you want to say Pierce is better then KG, be my guest
    Posted by kyceltic

KG can't be ahead of Pierce because he's not been here for most of his career.  Pierce has done more for the Celtics.  While we all know KG throughout his career is a better and more accomplished player, he didn't do it with the Celts.  So, in my opinion, Pierce is ahead of KG on the Celtics Greats list.   With Pauls career stats in games played and points scored, he would go to number 4 or 5 if these current Celtics win one or two more championships. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : KG can't be ahead of Pierce because he's not been here for most of his career.  Pierce has done more for the Celtics.  While we all know KG throughout his career is a better and more accomplished player, he didn't do it with the Celts.  So, in my opinion, Pierce is ahead of KG on the Celtics Greats list.   With Pauls career stats in games played and points scored, he would go to number 4 or 5 if these current Celtics win one or two more championships. 
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

don't try to have a reasonable conversation with ky. He is clearly trying to start trouble by spouting wrong opinions that do nothing but smear Pierce and attempt to reverse FACTS that are already proven. He continues to humiliate himself on this thread, it is pretty pathetic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Posted by jdm894g

While I agree no one can argue Antoine cannot be placed above PP in all time Celtic greats, I don't agree with your "no ring" statement.  Substitute players and bench players got a ring or two and didn't do a think.  That doesn't make them a "Celtic great".  Likewise, if you did a lot but played with a bunch of guys who couldn't get a ring, then you DON'T go to the bottom of the list.

So I ask, if PP did not win a championship in 2008, he would be below bench players on a championship team?????

There are many factors and I agree that Championships is very high on the list, but I don't agree that its the main and only determinant because you'd be saying Greg Kite, Carlos Clark, ML Carr, Henry Finkel, Art Williams, etc. are all greater Celtics than Antoine or PP because they rode the pine on championship teams.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? :  Thanks alot!  I know 2,3, and 6 are 11.  I come from a large family, I own my own business, my sister is a Dentist, my brother owns a construction company.   The other two are school teachers, when they tell us their not as successful as we are, we tell them, that's okay you're in a honorable profession. Keep up the good work!
    Posted by kyceltic

Ask those two school teachers to help you with your grammar.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Is Antoine Walker a Celtic Great? : While I agree no one can argue Antoine cannot be placed above PP in all time Celtic greats, I don't agree with your "no ring" statement.  Substitute players and bench players got a ring or two and didn't do a think.  That doesn't make them a "Celtic great".  Likewise, if you did a lot but played with a bunch of guys who couldn't get a ring, then you DON'T go to the bottom of the list. So I ask, if PP did not win a championship in 2008, he would be below bench players on a championship team????? There are many factors and I agree that Championships is very high on the list, but I don't agree that its the main and only determinant because you'd be saying Greg Kite, Carlos Clark, ML Carr, Henry Finkel, Art Williams, etc. are all greater Celtics than Antoine or PP because they rode the pine on championship teams.

If Pierce didn't win his ring he'd be below 2-4 Celtics he is currently ahead of like Sam, JoJo and Parish.

Just like if Antoine had won a ring he'd be ahead of a couple more Celtics who he has better stats than like Max, DJ and Ramsey.

what would the ring do? Move Toine from 19-22 up to 15-17 or move Paul down from currently 6-8 to the 10-12 range.

the ky claim that Toine is a better all-time Celtic than Pierce has firmly established him alongside DUDDER and runrunandrun as an obnoxious anti-Celtic fan who spends his time on this forum atttempting to start fights by demeaning players and making false statements

Posted by Celtsfan4life

Sections
Shortcuts