Is anyone as excited as I am...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Is anyone as excited as I am...

Can't wait to see KG in action.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I'm always excited for a new season to start, but this season like 2008 seems especially exciting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

KG has a lot to prove after what Gasol did to him. Talk about a beating!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I want to see Bradley, Wafer, Erden and Harongody playing. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I will be happy just to watch my Celtics in HD, no more going
    to both gardens (boston/NY) and spend some dough. I'm done supporting NBA.
    I can't stand Stern & the refs. They collaborated to control the games.
    Corrupt!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

*raises hand*

I can't wait to see the Celtics clash with the Heat on opening night! It should be one helluva game!

I want to see how our older Big 3 competes with the Miami "Threet"...

I can't lie though, even without Wade, LeBron and Bosh looked pretty good last night and LeBron is an incredible passer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: Is anyone as excited as I am...:
    [QUOTE]*raises hand* I can't wait to see the Celtics clash with the Heat on opening night! It should be one helluva game! I want to see how our older Big 3 competes with the Miami "Threet"... I can't lie though, even without Wade, LeBron and Bosh looked pretty good last night and LeBron is an incredible passer.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

Bring um on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]*raises hand* I can't wait to see the Celtics clash with the Heat on opening night! It should be one helluva game! I want to see how our older Big 3 competes with the Miami "Threet"... I can't lie though, even without Wade, LeBron and Bosh looked pretty good last night and LeBron is an incredible passer.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]
    agreed...the heat are going to seriously smack some teams this year...they won last night (granted it doesnt mean much) easily even without wade

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

[QUOTE]KG has a lot to prove after what Gasol did to him. Talk about a beating!
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

gasol did look great in the Finals, Rum. We can agree on that.

If you want to talk about a beating, I would love to discuss a 31 point deficit.
    4 points, not a beating. 31 points= a BEATING!!Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I am fired up, but I still feel like last season is a storm cloud hanging over this team and the entire NBA. The officiating is a joke. Hopefully this season is better in that regard, because this team should be rolling towards #19.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Schlep,
    if you're refering to game 6 in 2008 then it was 39, not 31.

AK

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I am fired up, but I still feel like last season is a storm cloud hanging over this team and the entire NBA. The officiating is a joke. Hopefully this season is better in that regard, because this team should be rolling towards #19.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

If they can get #18 this year and keep the group together and healthy for another year, 19 should not be out of the question.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

Count me in!!!

I agree, I am ready to see KG go off.

I also am waiting to see about the officiating.  Honestly, it is only going to get worse.  Stern wants robots in there with no emotion.  This is a sport!  Stern is a Quack!!!  I am waiting to see somebody smile and then they get a tech. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

Definitely the most exciting season since 2007-08.  Rondo Ray Pierce KG Shaq; I don't care how old they are; that's pretty impressive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

me too, xcept I'm on the west coast and i'm not gonna see a bloomin thing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In Response to Is anyone as excited as I am...:
    [QUOTE]...about seeing this team play for the first time?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

This team is old. Its all for naught. You can't put humpty dumpty back together again. Age is a rude taskmaster.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is anyone as excited as I am... :            This team is old. Its all for naught. You can't put humpty dumpty back together again. Age is a rude taskmaster.
    Posted by walton[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, you're Luke Walton!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"This team is old. Its all for naught."

Ha ha - they went to the finals last year and improved their roster but it's not good enough for the precious likes of you. 

Here's a newsflash: there's no dominant teams in the league right now. Lakers might be closest, but Kobe has his own age/injury things to contend with these days and Bynum is a gimp. 

You must be one of those that is awarding rings to the Heat even though Wade limped off the court in the pre-season. 

Another thing you overlooked is our team is deeper this year benchwise. 

I for one am excited. The chemistry looks good, the team energy is high, they seem to relish the "old dogs make one more run" vibe. 

The only way to cast a fog on this is to talk about what happens two years from now - at that point age will be a huge issue and rebuilding on the fly will be happening. But we can cross that bridge later. For now we have a wide open season and injuries our biggest concern. But so far, healthy. The Rondo haters and various "we're too old, all is finished" whiners will be a factor, but it's gonna be a fun year on the message board anyhow!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerseycfan. Show jerseycfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is anyone as excited as I am... :            This team is old. Its all for naught. You can't put humpty dumpty back together again. Age is a rude taskmaster.
    Posted by walton[/QUOTE]

Hey uncle wally,

Ur right!!!!!!  How could they tear through Cleveland and Orlando and game 7 with the Lakers being sooooo old????   Ur right we got no shot!!!!!  Bah!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]" This team is old. Its all for naught." Ha ha - they went to the finals last year and improved their roster but it's not good enough for the precious likes of you.  Here's a newsflash: there's no dominant teams in the league right now. Lakers might be closest, but Kobe has his own age/injury things to contend with these days and Bynum is a gimp.  You must be one of those that is awarding rings to the Heat even though Wade limped off the court in the pre-season.  Another thing you overlooked is our team is deeper this year benchwise.  I for one am excited. The chemistry looks good, the team energy is high, they seem to relish the "old dogs make one more run" vibe.  The only way to cast a fog on this is to talk about what happens two years from now - at that point age will be a huge issue and rebuilding on the fly will be happening. But we can cross that bridge later. For now we have a wide open season and injuries our biggest concern. But so far, healthy. The Rondo haters and various "we're too old, all is finished" whiners will be a factor, but it's gonna be a fun year on the message board anyhow!
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    what does wade pulling a hammy have anything to do with the rest of your post?

he will be more than ready on opening night

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone as excited as I am... : what does wade pulling a hammy have anything to do with the rest of your post? he will be more than ready on opening night
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

I agree. A hamstring injury is pretty common if you haven't played in a while. Jermaine O'neal is sidelined with the SAME injury.

As injury prone as he is, I hope HE'S ready for the start of the season.

As a Celtics fan, I'm not sleeping on the Heat, they looked pretty good without Wade, even though it was the Pistons. My main point is, with Wade back in the rotation, the Heat will be a nightmare for us to defend in my opinion, because if we double anyone of them, there will be shooters open and one of the other big 3 will be in iso situations.

I can't wait for when we play on opening day, because I want to see how my Celtics defend this younger "Big 3"...should be very interesting to watch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]The Rondo haters and various "we're too old, all is finished" whiners will be a factor, but it's gonna be a fun year on the message board anyhow!
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

The most divisive issue is no longer with the Rondo "haters" or with the "we too old" whiners. At least these two groups are still actively invested in the ballgame.

The biggest threat to the board this season is with the "tainter," the NBA haters, the "fans" who believe that everything is corrupt, that everything is fixed... and yet they still lurk here,  waiting for a bad call so that they can begin their cynical paranoid rants again. 

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone as excited as I am... : The most divisive issue is no longer with the Rondo "haters" or with the "we too old" whiners. At least these two groups are still actively invested in the ballgame. The biggest threat to the board this season is with the "tainter," the NBA haters, the "fans" who believe that everything is corrupt, that everything is fixed... and yet they still lurk here,  waiting for a bad call so that they can begin their cynical paranoid rants again.  Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

You could have just said CHE.

HAHAHA!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is anyone as excited as I am... : The most divisive issue is no longer with the Rondo "haters" or with the "we too old" whiners. At least these two groups are still actively invested in the ballgame. The biggest threat to the board this season is with the "tainter," the NBA haters, the "fans" who believe that everything is corrupt, that everything is fixed... and yet they still lurk here,  waiting for a bad call so that they can begin their cynical paranoid rants again.  Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I agree. That "trainwreck" Tainted thread was a total embarrassment.

I'm sorry I ever commented in there. It only proved that there are a few Celtics fans that whine, can't take a loss with grace, and don't have the class to say the Lakers were the better team, nothing more, nothing less.

Sections
Shortcuts