Is Danny Ainge getting ready to pull an M.L.Carr?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Is Danny Ainge getting ready to pull an M.L.Carr?

Gut the team and play coach and GM as transitional bullet biter?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Is Danny Ainge getting ready to pull an M.L.Carr?

No.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Gut the team and play coach and GM as transitional bullet biter?

Ainge is the one who should leave. Bird should return.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

How many championships has Bird won as a GM?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Did you like the Pacers this year.  He built them.  Pretty good draft picks if you ask me.

Danny has not done much the last two years and we have missed a chance to win.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

DA would not have led to any championship w/o KM.   He hasn't made any astute picks as a GM except RR and none since then.   Wouldn't have come close w/ Big Al or T Allen as a top 6 in the rotation.   He either doesn't sign players long enough (J Posey) or signs them too long (Scal, C Lee).   Telfair for the 6th pick is one of the worse all time blunders for any GM!   Vin Baker is also.   These are two examples of the poor talent evaluations that the Cs have had.   If your judgement says to go and aquire those two players for anything other than the end of  the bench, then that is not showing good judgement of talent
       Till this past yr only one of the past eleven draft picks have stayed w/ the team.   Drafting Melo when the Cs needed instant help w/ the aging of KG and PP.   No back up pg.  No shooters!   No rebouders (rely on an undersized rookie after so many yrs.   On and on.   DA won't rebuild the Cs cause he doesn't have the ability to do a  good job.   Cs are heading for 18 in a row... losses I mean.   That type of a team w/ DA at the helm

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Did you like the Pacers this year.  He built them.  Pretty good draft picks if you ask me.

Made it to the Eastern Conference finals in 2012.  So, the Pacers outperformed the Celtics once over the last 5 years and you want Bird instead of Ainge?  I wish it would happen, so 2 years from now you'll be bad mouthing Bird.  I don't think Bird's all that great as a GM - he took Hansborough when he could've take Jrue Holliday or Ty Lawson or Jeff Teague.  I think Danny's one of the best drafting GM's in the league - sure, I know, he took Giddens instead of Jordan....but so did 28 other GM's.  I don't think there is another GM who so consistently finds value in the 2nd round as Ainge.  Al Jefferson enabled us to get Garnett.  Perkins enabled us to get Jeff Green.  Delonte West enabled us to get Ray Allen.  Danny's made some mistakes and he has driven me nuts lately, but, overall I think he's done a good job.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

What great trade has Bird ever made?  As a coach, he inherited a talented, veteran team.  As a GM, he's produced alot of first and second round and out teams.  I know it's sacrilege, but I don't think Bird's been all that great as a GM or a coach.  Sorry.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

This is why I want more picks.

I project these players as such:

Noel- Kevin Garnett skill/mindset

Crabbe-Kevin Martin/Tyshaun Prince blend skill set (Danny Green )

Rice Jr- Glen Rice senior skill set

Hardaway Jr- Rudy Gay skill set

Dieng- Serge Ibaka skill/mindset

Erick Green- Deron Williams skill set

Seth Curry- Steve Kerr skill set

Phil Pressey- Allen Iverson quickness with a Chris Paul mindset

Schroeder - Rondo skill/mindset

Vincent Council- Jason Williams skill/mindset

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

It was over the moment Game 7 of the 2010 Finals ended.

Come on, at that time, KG was 34 years old, Ray was turning 35, and Pierce was turning 33.

NO FIERCE !

IT WASN'T OVER AFTER GAME 7 , AINGE'S MOVE TO BRING IN SHAQ AND RESIGN DELONTE WEST WAS GENIUS ! WHEN THEY WERE HEALTHY, THE CELTICS WERE UNBEATABLE......THE RONDO TO SHAQ CONNECTION WAS A THING OF BEAUTY , THERE WAS NO OFFENSIVE STAGNATION WHEN RONDO HAD SHAQ IN THE LOW POST AS A LAST RESORT.....IF SHAQ COULD HAVE PLAYED, THEN TRADING PERK FOR GREEN AND KRYSIC WOULD HAVE WORKED OUT PERFECTLY, ALSO, GIVING AWAY SEMIH ERDAN FOR NOTHING WAS ONE OF THE WORST MOVES EVER

STOP ACTING LIKE KG & PIERCE ARE UNDERPERFORMING GARBAGE ! THOSE 2 GUYS EARNED EVERY PENNY OF THEIR SALARY FOR THE CELTICS AND THEY BOTH STILL HAVE VALUE, HAVE A LITTLE FAITH FIERCE ! IT'S AN EXCITING TIME TO BE A CELTICS FAN, WHY ARE YOU SO DEPRESSED ??????? Cool

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to PHX85014's comment:

NO FIERCE !

IT WASN'T OVER AFTER GAME 7 , AINGE'S MOVE TO BRING IN SHAQ AND RESIGN DELONTE WEST WAS GENIUS ! WHEN THEY WERE HEALTHY, THE CELTICS WERE UNBEATABLE......THE RONDO TO SHAQ CONNECTION WAS A THING OF BEAUTY , THERE WAS NO OFFENSIVE STAGNATION WHEN RONDO HAD SHAQ IN THE LOW POST AS A LAST RESORT.....IF SHAQ COULD HAVE PLAYED, THEN TRADING PERK FOR GREEN AND KRYSIC WOULD HAVE WORKED OUT PERFECTLY, ALSO, GIVING AWAY SEMIH ERDAN FOR NOTHING WAS ONE OF THE WORST MOVES EVER

STOP ACTING LIKE KG & PIERCE ARE UNDERPERFORMING GARBAGE ! THOSE 2 GUYS EARNED EVERY PENNY OF THEIR SALARY FOR THE CELTICS AND THEY BOTH STILL HAVE VALUE, HAVE A LITTLE FAITH FIERCE ! IT'S AN EXCITING TIME TO BE A CELTICS FAN, WHY ARE YOU SO DEPRESSED ??????? Cool

I'm not depressed. In fact, I'm looking forward to the next generation of Celtic players that will make it back to the Finals.

Shaq and Delonte were good acquisitions until they got hurt. But that's the problem, putting your championship hopes on a 38-year old Shaq is similar to what the Lakers didn when they thought a 38-year old Steve Nash was going to bring them back to the Finals.

And Pierce and KG are done. Just look at their performances this season.

They are done as franchise centerpieces.  As part of a core on a team with young superstar talent they are both invaluable.  I expect that's what you meant though. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I mentioned already that Ainge coaching a 2-3 year rebuild for the first 1-2 years as a wise move on his part, save some $, develop guys he drafted, etc.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

NO FIERCE !

Well said..KG & PP earned every penny, 2 warriors.. If they had a good coach, theyd have 1 or 2 more rings... Some idiots just want to blame the old players on the team...but as you can tell, those are ignorant people that dont understand basketball....

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

OK FIERCE , I get your drift and we're both on the same page. It cannot be argued that if both KG and Pierce come back at their current salary, then the Celtics will basically have the same roster. It took a while for me to get my head around that one but now I understand. But if somehow we can get Piierce to re-structure his deal......now I'm realizing that is a pipe dream. Plus, we now know that Doc wants out and is not up to the headache of a rebuild....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I am officially adding Vincent Council to my wish list. Dude reminds me of Rod Strickland.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think DA has done as good a job with the hand he has been dealt. DA is not the problem here. Nobody drafts well every year nobody. He brought players that were older and already had their $$. Hindsight is always 20/20 perfect. DA brought in KG and RA didn't give up Pierce to do it. He also drafted Rondo, no matter how you feel about him he is an impact player. Drafted A Bradley who is going to explode next season. Stole Jeff Green for a one trick pony who is already slower than most 35+ players at 28 and had a PER of 8.2 and gets the same money as Green( PER 16.0) who is getting better. With the total lack of cap space and wiggle room he had to take gambles JO played well until his habitual idiocy reemerged, Wallace,boy was I wrong about him,just stopped playing. Shaq was great he just didn't have a whole year left. West was a good player for us he just snapped,a truly sad story. Nate Robinson played well for us we just couldn't keep him. PJ Brown was great for us he had to retire as well. Posey played well and didn't do squat other than get more money somewhere else.  I correct myself DA hasn't done a good job he has done a great job since he has been with us. I said the last half of last year that Doc seemed like he was just mailing it in and it looks now that maybe I was right.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I think DA has done as good a job with the hand he has been dealt. DA is not the problem here. Nobody drafts well every year nobody. He brought players that were older and already had their $$. Hindsight is always 20/20 perfect. DA brought in KG and RA didn't give up Pierce to do it. He also drafted Rondo, no matter how you feel about him he is an impact player. Drafted A Bradley who is going to explode next season. Stole Jeff Green for a one trick pony who is already slower than most 35+ players at 28 and had a PER of 8.2 and gets the same money as Green( PER 16.0) who is getting better. With the total lack of cap space and wiggle room he had to take gambles JO played well until his habitual idiocy reemerged, Wallace,boy was I wrong about him,just stopped playing. Shaq was great he just didn't have a whole year left. West was a good player for us he just snapped,a truly sad story. Nate Robinson played well for us we just couldn't keep him. PJ Brown was great for us he had to retire as well. Posey played well and didn't do squat other than get more money somewhere else.  I correct myself DA hasn't done a good job he has done a great job since he has been with us. I said the last half of last year that Doc seemed like he was just mailing it in and it looks now that maybe I was right.

agreed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Ainge has done a good job, however he could have done better. We are not making hindsight complaints, BEFORE EACH DRAFT I called for Deandre Jordan, Festus Ezeli, and Marshon Brooks! How different would those picks make us? At least they are still in the NBA! Unlike Danny's choices!

Sections
Shortcuts