Is Danny Ainge the best general manager in the league?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Is Danny Ainge the best general manager in the league?

I would like to get the celtic fans opinions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: Is Danny Ainge the best general manager in the league?

he just got doc to commit to 5 more years of disappointment. he has to be doing something right.. Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Hes one of the better ones in the league.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Average at best

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Is Danny Ainge the best general manager in the league?:
    [QUOTE]I would like to get the celtic fans opinions?
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE

Somewhere in the top 30.....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Is Danny Ainge the best general manager in the league?:
    Ainge traded Jeff Green, Al Jefferson, and a bag of chips for Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, and a world championship. Yea, he's pretty good.
    Posted by Kirk6

And none of that would have happened without two gigantic expiring contracts, so yes he is pretty good.

I believe there many many posters here that thought what Danny traded away was the best young core in the league and I distinctly remember people saying that would have won titles starting in 2008 with that core.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Is Danny Ainge the best general manager in the league? : And none of that would have happened without two gigantic expiring contracts, so yes he is pretty good. I believe there many many posters here that thought what Danny traded away was the best young core in the league and I distinctly remember people saying that would have won titles starting in 2008 with that core.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

A bit delusional?  Exactly who did Danny trade away that would have won us multiple championships?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Is Danny Ainge the best general manager in the league? : A bit delusional?  Exactly who did Danny trade away that would have won us multiple championships?
    Posted by prakash

Not sure if you were posting here at the time but there was a group of posters that thought with Pierce's leadership - he, Jefferson, and Perk would be the best frontcourt in the league and that Rondo and West were the backcourt of the future and that Tony Allen, Gerald Green, Orien Greene blah blah blah would be the best team in the league.

One of the posters dared me to name a point guard in the division that was better than Delonte West at the time - Iverson, Kidd, TJ Ford, and Marbury were my answers..... that should give you some sense of how far off most of these homers are in terms of their understanding of talent and basketball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Is Danny Ainge the best general manager in the league? : Not sure if you were posting here at the time but there was a group of posters that thought with Pierce's leadership - he, Jefferson, and Perk would be the best frontcourt in the league and that Rondo and West were the backcourt of the future and that Tony Allen, Gerald Green, Orien Greene blah blah blah would be the best team in the league. One of the posters dared me to name a point guard in the division that was better than Delonte West at the time - Iverson, Kidd, TJ Ford, and Marbury were my answers..... that should give you some sense of how far off most of these homers are in terms of their understanding of talent and basketball.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

I discovered this forum right around the Ray Allen trade.  Maybe I find your content confusing.  I should keep out of these conversation if you are primarily responding to past conversations.

Sections
Shortcuts