Is Deron Williams single handedly going to put a speedy end to this lockout?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Is Deron Williams single handedly going to put a speedy end to this lockout?

Can you imagine most of the NBA's draft class playing overseas?
    Kobe, Lebron, Wade?
    Just to make a statement!
    What an embarassment that will never be forgotten.
    Fans remember everything. And it translates to the bottom line.
    The unheralded apathy that results.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: Is Deron Williams single handedly going to put a speedy end to this lockout?

In Response to Re: Is Deron Williams single handedly going to put a speedy end to this lockout?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Is Deron Williams single handedly going to put a speedy end to this lockout? : Your thread is titled "Deron Williams single handedly...", but you never mention Deron Williams in your explanation. Ugh! Not saying you're wrong, it's just weird.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming the fans here already know he's leading the charge overseas!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Re: Is Deron Williams single handedly going to put a speedy end to this lockout?

i got the post! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Very interesting !

Deron Williams as a latter day Rick Barry ?

It's a good point. If some big name players start signing deals that will keep them out of the NBA even after the Lockout ends ? Now that would be a sticky situation. I'm sure TNT, ESPN and ABC would be screaming for the owners to settle if they thought the Euro Leagues were going to aggressively poach All Star talent and keep them out of the NBA indefinitely....

I think the owners are playing a very risky game , especially with a Pro-Union President in the White House........does David Stern really want a Congressional Committee calling NBA Officials to testify under oath about all the non-basketball related expenses ?

And what about David Stern himself ? I have read that he runs the league through fear and intimidation and no one will speak out against Stern because of fear of retaliation. What if Mark Cuban testified before Congress about all the ILLEGAL (extortion) fines he has been forced to pay as Mavericks owner ???

I think the NBA should be careful about provoking the Obama White House to become involved with this labor dispute....things could get ugly quick and does anyone doubt the Race Card will get played at some point ?

PS: John McCain would have made a fine President

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Europe will poach NBA talent PERMANENTLY.

FIBA requires leagues to respect each others' contracts, so any player who still has an existing NBA contract would only be going there temporarily.  The biggest money is still in America, both in terms of contracts and especially in terms of endorsements.  For all their grandstanding, Europe is more racist than we are and a black athlete wouldn't sell as well in Europe as they would here.

On an aside,

John McCain would have made a fine President, but Sarah Palin is dumber than rocks.  On what I thought was an even matchup of Presidents, I voted for Howard bleeping Dean over Sarah Palin.  Unfortunately the evangelist far-right meant she needed to be added to the ticket to gather that extra 10-15% of the vote...  It's too bad - I didn't appreciate the non-partisan, true-maverick John McCain until it was too late.  I picked Bush and Obama over him :/ oh well, live and learn

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

It's a good idea by Williams. You have to go where the work is. However If I were in his shoes, I would sign a salary that ends periodically such as ever 2 weeks or so as to leave the door open to return to the NBA this season if there is a season.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I support what Williams is doing but the NBA owners anticipated this. They aren't going to be phased by it. It's gonna get ugly. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

THE CONTRACT TERMINATES AUTOMATICALLY THE INSTANT THE NBA LOCKOUT ENDS

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6745426

there

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to Re: Is Deron Williams single handedly going to put a speedy end to this lockout?:
    [QUOTE]If that happens David West might lose interest in NJ and be left with Indiana as his sole option as a FA ... Ugh!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

They can't hear or see you, you're on the ignore list.

He putz Mployee8 on the ignore list. LOL

Re: Start enforcing the Posting Policy

posted at 7/7/2011 6:24 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=bbbb4e1aa422fef9781236fb09c56703&plckUserId=bbbb4e1aa422fef9781236fb09c56703">
    First: 3/19/2008
    Last: 7/7/2011
    my ignore list grows everyday. 

popular ones on there: 

rico
    run the racist 
    koberulz
    lakernation
    mployee8

all of these just are not worth reading or responding to. sometimes i think boston.com puts them there to create traffic and views.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Can you imagine the Nets losing Williams like this. He played 7 games for them after the trade. They gave up Favors, Devon Harris and a draft pick that turned out to be Enis Kanter at #3 overall.

That could be the worst trade since Millwaukee traded Alcindor!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Williams showed the way for others. The owners can't play hardball with the players now that they have an alternate source for employment. No way the players cave to a deal that purely favors ownership now

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE] Williams showed the way for others. The owners can't play hardball with the players now that they have an alternate source for employment. No way the players cave to a deal that purely favors ownership now
    Posted by JREwing[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think of it from this perspective, but the middle-tier / mediocre players won't get the paycheck.  Europe already has rosters that fit their style long-term and I don't think that they'll rush to embrace NBA players when they know that the NBA players will bolt back to the United States once the lockout ends.

Plus all it takes is for the majority of players (especially the lower end and middle talent) to blow through their cash unwisely for them to lose leverage

Will be interesting to watch

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

From the Boston Herald on-line in regard to Celtics rookies potentially going overseas.

Should Moore or Johnson sign (with and international team), it’s unlikely that the deal would allow either player to return to the Celtics once the lockout ends.

This lockout really s*cks!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Very good post, if Williams can get one or two more bit names to go then the lockout will be opened and we will have a full season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]From the Boston Herald on-line in regard to Celtics rookies potentially going overseas. Should Moore or Johnson sign (with and international team), it’s unlikely that the deal would allow either player to return to the Celtics once the lockout ends. This lockout really s*cks!
    Posted by deanocelt[/QUOTE]

they don't have existing contracts already... only players who have nba contracts would be allowed to come back immediately

Sections
Shortcuts