Is Doc losing on purpose?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Is Doc losing on purpose?

If Doc was losing on purpose, he'd play the bench a lot more.
    Don't count on it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin_towers11. Show twin_towers11's posts

In Response to Is Doc losing on purpose?:
    [QUOTE]Is he? Why else would you play without a center??? Stiemsma is playing really well, and he only gets 9 minutes.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

My lord, are you serious with this type of post? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He needs to go young with JJJ and Moore rather than shrinking his rotation.  I am not talking the whole game but young legs are like Faried's. They get to the ball faster. The old guys when all out there can't get to rebounds. It is not jumping.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

No one can turn a donkey into a racehorse. Danny boi has done one helluva job with his Celtics.

Laughing

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

why were we out played by two 5.ft9in guards in the previous games..because our guards are over 6ft tall..and could not contain them...Kg is an excellent defender, but he cannot guard a 6.ft8 pf.s.neither can Steisma...they will run rings around them..nor can they keep up in the open court..thats what these last three games proved...their coaches kept pushing the ball, they know that 35 yrs old legs, with a thin bench..cannot keep the pace...especially on back to backs......

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

With the Denver altitude....playing more of the bench would have seemed more logical. Not to mention they just played lees than 24 hours before.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Is Doc losing on purpose?:
    [QUOTE]With the Denver altitude....playing more of the bench would have seemed more logical. Not to mention they just played lees than 24 hours before.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

Agree

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

DOC is not losing on purpose!!! He is just a lousy coach. Always has been. Look at his record before he started coaching for Boston.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]DOC is not losing on purpose!!! He is just a lousy coach. Always has been. Look at his record before he started coaching for Boston.
    Posted by celticsince1958[/QUOTE]

I agree.Doc is overrated coach.The older players love himD,ont forget he was fired by the Magics after winning a champioship.He does not likes young players,He is a veterans players coach,Apears that we are going to have a lot of young players next years.The bench will be loaded.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Doc isn't losing on purpose, its just that he has no choice!

Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Doc losing on purpose? : I agree.Doc is overrated coach.The older players love himD,ont forget he was fired by the Magics after winning a champioship.He does not likes young players,He is a veterans players coach,Apears that we are going to have a lot of young players next years.The bench will be loaded.
    Posted by debrit[/QUOTE]

When did the Magic win a championship??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Doc losing on purpose? : Before he was coaching in Boston he was coach of the year in Orlando.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

haha

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[QUOTE]Is he? Why else would you play without a center??? Stiemsma is playing really well, and he only gets 9 minutes.  By now you should know not point out a defeciency in the Celtics in any way on this supposed Celtic board, thinking is not allowed, YOU MADE A VERY GOOD OBSERVATION, it just may be that the Celts have decided to make the playoffs but to cut it as close as possible to enhance the draft choice, Steamer sitting on the bench was a puzzel.  I do think we may be a better playoff team than thought by most because of the rest, but it is agonizing to watch certain games like the last two.  Don't worry if won't be long until many on this board are gone.  
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Is he? Why else would you play without a center??? Stiemsma is playing really well, and he only gets 9 minutes.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Losing on purpose..... hhhhmmmm.... most nights the center is better, the powerforward is better, the small forward is better, the two guard is better, and the point guard is better, oh and the bench is better..... so yeah Doc must be tanking games.... playing the old guys in an attempt to win games does not appear to be tanking games.... had Ellis not been traded and Curry not been hurt they would be 1 and 4 on the trip, the trip will end 2 and 6 and some of you will have to start to realize that the Cs are simply not that good.....  alarm keeps going off... stop hitting snooze...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is Doc losing on purpose? : Losing on purpose..... hhhhmmmm.... most nights the center is better, the powerforward is better, the small forward is better, the two guard is better, and the point guard is better, oh and the bench is better..... so yeah Doc must be tanking games.... playing the old guys in an attempt to win games does not appear to be tanking games.... had Ellis not been traded and Curry not been hurt they would be 1 and 4 on the trip, the trip will end 2 and 6 and some of you will have to start to realize that the Cs are simply not that good.....  alarm keeps going off... stop hitting snooze...
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Your hate for Rondo runs deep......but name  16 (that would be MOST, btw) small forwards BETTER than Paul Pierce......I anxiously await your answer!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Doc losing on purpose? : Your hate for Rondo runs deep......but name  16 (that would be MOST, btw) small forwards BETTER than Paul Pierce......I anxiously await your answer!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Don't be anxious, just be realistic.......  the only time they play teams that actually matter their counterparts are at least as good if not better.....  over the years my formula has become very simple..... play a good team at home and lose, play a bad team at home and it is 50-50, play good teams on the road and lose and play bad teams on the road and win 2 out of 3...

Over the years I have started to look at only one thing.... what I would call quality wins - quality wins - wins against plus 500 teams on the road and or at home... the Cs fail in this category most of the time....   I have not gone bad and looked it up but I believe over the course of the year they have beaten Orlando twice when Orlando was in a complete funk, they beat the Clips last week without Billups, they beat the Bulls without Rose..... so in essence they have beaten nobody and have lost to everyone.... the weird perception on this board is that the Cs are about 40 and 5 and have dominated everywhere they have gone.... the reality of the situation is they are about a 500 team that cannot beat any good teams, can barely beat bad teams on the road and it requires that the other team is missing their best player, and at home to beat bad teams everyone has to have their best game...... wake up...

Sections
Shortcuts