Is DOC turning into Francona.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Is DOC turning into Francona.....

So is Doc turning into Francona. His loyalties will be his faults? Break up that starting unit. It is important to keep the older legs fresher. Let the young guys play, but not all together as one unit. Keep mixing the starters with the youngsters.

Is he too loyal to guys like KG? I honestly think they need to have KG coming in off the bench. He will be fresher, hungrier, and will be a tremendous help to the second unit. I watched KG the other nite. He has no lift. His rebounds end up in his lap. He constantly just tips rebounds instead of grabbing them. No legs.

This Cs team needs to due something fast. It needs to find itself and a rhythm. They can still be a quality team but it is going to take the right mix. And I think Doc needs to really work hard on finding that out by trying different starting lineups.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Is DOC turning into Francona.....

In Response to Is DOC turning into Francona.....:
    [QUOTE]So is Doc turning into Francona. His loyalties will be his faults? Break up that starting unit. It is important to keep the older legs fresher. Let the young guys play, but not all together as one unit. Keep mixing the starters with the youngsters. Is he too loyal to guys like KG? I honestly think they need to have KG coming in off the bench. He will be fresher, hungrier, and will be a tremendous help to the second unit. I watched KG the other nite. He has no lift. His rebounds end up in his lap. He constantly just tips rebounds instead of grabbing them. No legs. This Cs team needs to due something fast. It needs to find itself and a rhythm. They can still be a quality team but it is going to take the right mix. And I think Doc needs to really work hard on finding that out by trying different starting lineups.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Great post and I definitely agree with you.  Doc definitely needs to give the younger players more playing time.  We aren't winning games anyway, so why not try something else. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

Sadly, you are right about KG. I remember those easy lob passes for dunks rondo used to throw up. He tried it last game and KG couldn't even catch the pass.  All I can hope is that he is still out of shape. He has played better and more aggressive the last few games compared to the first few so I'll keep holding on hope that he will get a little bit of his lift back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I believe Garnett has an injury.  He jumped much better just last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BILL-806  & DAD, CONCURS  !!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

It is no way possible that Doc Rivers can take any of the blame, he is only the coach and in charge of everything.  I think he has done a great job, but this year he is LOST.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Is DOC turning into Francona.....:
    [QUOTE]It is no way possible that Doc Rivers can take any of the blame, he is only the coach and in charge of everything.  I think he has done a great job, but this year he is LOST.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]  LIVE WITH THE STARS OF YESTERDAY, DIE WITH THE FADING STARS TODAY.....  IT NEVER ENDS WELL !!  MIX THE KID'S IN WITH MEANINGFUL MINUTES  !!!   (STARTING TONIGHT)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

I have no confidence in doc anymore.  he seems to be just riding out his large contract and insulated in his own denial.

nothing changes if nothing changes and doc wont change his ways
    while the Cs remain in a daze.

so whats tonite ??? the mighty rose has wilted ..

will the walking dead show up again and take advantage...or will it be another sorry "conga line " {to quote francona}of excuses...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]It is no way possible that Doc Rivers can take any of the blame, he is only the coach and in charge of everything.  I think he has done a great job, but this year he is LOST.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Of course he can share some of the blame. Substitution is on all Doc, not the players. I put some blame on Doc for the game 7 loss to LA. The starters were gassed. And he has to take share in that. These guys are older. Fatique sets in much quicker. He has to do better at mixing age and youth. Otherwise, the old group will once again be gassed when needed the most.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

They are playing a very boring and predictable game.Doc has to mix up veterans and young players.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is DOC turning into Francona..... : Of course he can share some of the blame. Substitution is on all Doc, not the players. I put some blame on Doc for the game 7 loss to LA. The starters were gassed. And he has to take share in that. These guys are older. Fatique sets in much quicker. He has to do better at mixing age and youth. Otherwise, the old group will once again be gassed when needed the most.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

In game 7, T.A., Baby, and Nate were in over their heads, the moment was too big and when Doc put them in they didn't deliver.  it's a shame because they came up big in some games, and T.A. played such a great role pretty much throughout.  But they were a huge dissapointment in the big game.  They just couldn't handle it.  Not Doc's fault.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]I have no confidence in doc anymore.  he seems to be just riding out his large contract and insulated in his own denial. nothing changes if nothing changes and doc wont change his ways while the Cs remain in a daze. so whats tonite ??? the mighty rose has wilted ..   will the walking dead show up again and take advantage...or will it be another sorry "conga line " {to quote francona}of excuses...
    Posted by dbeach48[/QUOTE]

No way is he "riding out the contract".  And it's not denial, at least not yet.  Bass and Petrius are real deal bench players and we'll be seeing them on a regular basis with minutes.  The rookies and the 20 year old aren't going to replace a Ray Allen and a KG.  That's not denial.  

I agree with the general sentiment about getting the young guys some more trial by fire experience because the team will need them to play their bit parts at a more trustable level by the end of the season.  But I think Doc knows how to go about this the right way.  He can't just decide to go 2-10 over the next 12 games in order to develop Bradley and Moore.  no need to panic yet.  

They have a chance to become a contender this year, but it's not going to be because one of the rooks becomes a surprise super star.  Doc's got to get the old farts into shape and some sense of winning stability first before he goes into development mode at times.

JON stinks and Steamer needs to learn from KG and develop a role to the hoop chemistry with Rondo if he can.  He's got good hands so it can happen.  Bradley can play a role but he needs to stop going to the rim with his head down.  Beyond perimeter and press defense, he's got the speed to get into the hole and take some contact from bigger guys, maybe get to the line and force the issue a little himself.  Moore has something to give as well and we can all feel it but we're only 9 games in guys, let's not go crazy with the "Doc is on cruise control" accusations.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

I hope that Doc plays Moore, I think that kid has the talent to be very good.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts