is it finally over?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

is it finally over?

The Nets have agreed to a blockbuster trade with the www.nydailynews.com/topics/Denver+Nuggets" title="Denver Nuggets">Denver Nuggets for superstar www.nydailynews.com/topics/Carmelo+Anthony" title="Carmelo Anthony">Carmelo Anthony and are waiting for Anthony to sign off on the deal that would make him the team's franchise player.

According to sources, the two sides reached an agreement late Thursday, just hours before Nets' owner Mikkail Prokhorov was scheduled to meet with the Nuggets' All-Star forward.

The meeting, now expected to happen Friday afternoon, is crucial because the Nets, who are moving to www.nydailynews.com/topics/Brooklyn+(New+York+City)" title="Brooklyn (New York City)">Brooklyn in two years, must convince Anthony to sign a three-year, $65 million extension or else the deal is off. The meeting will include rapper www.nydailynews.com/topics/Jay-Z" title="Jay-Z">Jay-Z, who is a minority owner, general manager www.nydailynews.com/topics/Billy+King" title="Billy King">Billy King and www.nydailynews.com/topics/Brett+Yormark" title="Brett Yormark">CEO Brett Yormark.

As the Daily News reported Friday, www.nydailynews.com/topics/Madison+Square+Garden" title="Madison Square Garden">Madison Square Garden chairman www.nydailynews.com/topics/James+Dolan" title="James Dolan">James Dolan is also scheduled to meet with Anthony Friday afternoon.

Anthony has said his preference is to play for the www.nydailynews.com/topics/New+York+Knicks" title="New York Knicks">Knicks but thus far the Knicks have been unwilling to meet Denver's demands.
    Plus, the Nuggets would prefer to do the deal with New Jersy and could conceivably refuse to trade Anthony to the Knicks.

Anthony will be a free agent this summer but the uncertainty of a new collective bargaining agreement is a major factor in his decision. If Anthony doesn't sign the extendion with the Nets and enters free agency he could risk losing up to $20 million.

In the nine-player deal that would finally land Anthony in www.nydailynews.com/topics/New+Jersey+Nets" title="New Jersey Nets">New Jersey, www.nydailynews.com/topics/Chauncey+Billups" title="Chauncey Billups">Chauncey Billups, www.nydailynews.com/topics/Sheldon+Williams" title="Sheldon Williams">Sheldon Williams, www.nydailynews.com/topics/Melvin+Ely" title="Melvin Ely">Melvin Ely and www.nydailynews.com/topics/Renaldo+Balkman" title="Renaldo Balkman">Renaldo Balkman would go to the Nets. Denver would get www.nydailynews.com/topics/Devin+Harris" title="Devin Harris">Devin Harris, www.nydailynews.com/topics/Derrick+Favors" title="Derrick Favors">Derrick Favors, www.nydailynews.com/topics/Troy+Murphy" title="Troy Murphy">Troy Murphy, www.nydailynews.com/topics/Ben+Uzoh" title="Ben Uzoh">Ben Uzoh and four first-round picks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: is it finally over?

I just read that also, ON REALGM.COM..........and, NO, it is not finally over.  That's a lot of people changing hands, then there is the little matter of Carmelo having to agree to an extension with the Nets.  Something he said two weeks ago he wouldn't do.

Great job cutting and pasting.........you learn well!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: is it finally over?:
    I just read that also, ON REALGM.COM..........and, NO, it is not finally over.  That's a lot of people changing hands, then there is the little matter of Carmelo having to agree to an extension with the Nets.  Something he said two weeks ago he wouldn't do. Great job cutting and pasting.........you learn well!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Heddy,
    Don't play with fire or I will send you away crying again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: is it finally over? : Heddy, Don't play with fire or I will send you away crying again.
    Posted by rkarp

OOOOHHHHHHHHH - another tough guy sitting behind a computer.  Thought you were DONE with me?

Tell me, what do we call someone who "calls someone out" for cutting and pasting, then does the same darn thing on his own thread??

No one will read your post, it's too long - they could get the abbrevitated version on REALGM.COM!!

Still don't think it's going to happen.  Do you have any "links" that say Carmelo will play in NJ?  If so, please share, oh great one!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MicheleDoll. Show MicheleDoll's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Any team willing to give up 4 numbers ones plus Favors for one player is out of their mind.  NJ will be bad for a lot more years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Any team willing to give up 4 numbers ones plus Favors for one player is out of their mind.  NJ will be bad for a lot more years.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Agreed. The stupidity of Nets management is mind boggling.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In Response to Re: is it finally over? : OOOOHHHHHHHHH - another tough guy sitting behind a computer.  Thought you were DONE with me? Tell me, what do we call someone who "calls someone out" for cutting and pasting, then does the same darn thing on his own thread?? No one will read your post, it's too long - they could get the abbrevitated version on REALGM.COM!! Still don't think it's going to happen.  Do you have any "links" that say Carmelo will play in NJ?  If so, please share, oh great one!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Heddy,
    My comments to you were about cutting and pasting nonsense, and making it worse giving the nonsense zero thought. Your comments on how the C's should proceed at the trade deadline lack any semblance of basketball knowledge.
    My cut and paste is regarding a trade that is already consummated pending Melo's signing the extension. I did not offer any opinion or comment, where as you do, and it is always off base and out of touch.
    Go play armchair GM and discuss the C's getting Rip....Tmac and TMurphy. Che is was right. You are a dope that has zero understanding of the NBA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Here you go, ronk1 aka rkarp:

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6136920

Knicks Include Gallinari In Latest Offer For Carmelo

every bit as reliable as your "source".

Consummated deal??  BAH!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Nets have made such a stupid move.  Denver will never accept anything but the Net deal.  The Knicks deal will seem like rotten eggs to them.

Denver may end up stuck with Carmelo if they can't get him to accept the Nets deal and if not then in July the Knicks will swoop in and take him for nothing but the cash.

The Nets are nuts!  Carmelo is not even that good.  They will still not be as good as the Heat or Chicago in years to come. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

This just in:

Carmelo Won't Sign Extension With Nets

per RealGm.com

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Well I am not surprised. The nuggets must be sick.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The Nets have made such a stupid move.  Denver will never accept anything but the Net deal.  The Knicks deal will seem like rotten eggs to them. Denver may end up stuck with Carmelo if they can't get him to accept the Nets deal and if not then in July the Knicks will swoop in and take him for nothing but the cash. The Nets are nuts!  Carmelo is not even that good.  They will still not be as good as the Heat or Chicago in years to come. 
    Posted by concord27

Well, All of that may be true as you say except the part of "Carmelo is not even that good".   This kid is offensively one of the best is not the best small forwards in the league.  He goes to the basket like few you've seen these days, he can shoot jumpers from any range including 3's, and he's quick.   Offensively, he's a great player averaging over 30 points a game in Feb so far.  He also averages 7.6 rebounds per game (above all Celtics other than KG).  He's got the speed to play good D if asked.   

Carmelo is a difference maker on all teams and pushes some teams over the top to being a championship team.  With Amare and Felton, they're better than Miami.  With Amare and Chris Paul, the Knicks are as good as any team in the league.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't disagree he is a good individual player, but he is not a difference maker. You mention that with Amare, Chris Paul and Melo they will be as good as any team in the league.  You could put them all on Sacramento or Cleveland and they'd be just as good. So I don't get your point, Melo is a greatly skilled player who does not based on what I have seen make his teammates better. Just me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Well, if he goes anywhere, let it be the Nets..If he goes to the knicks, they are a serious threat...the nets are still years away from challenging for a title.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I don't disagree he is a good individual player, but he is not a difference maker. You mention that with Amare, Chris Paul and Melo they will be as good as any team in the league.  You could put them all on Sacramento or Cleveland and they'd be just as good. So I don't get your point, Melo is a greatly skilled player who does not based on what I have seen make his teammates better. Just me.
    Posted by concord27

The point is that he is interested in the knicks and they are interested in him and they can afford to pay him......unlike Sacramento or Cleveland.  So, those teams are irrelevant.  The Knicks are relevant because they have Amare and a good set of young players.  We can agree to disagree.  I think almost every basketball observer and announcer and analyst has been on record as agreeing with me, not you.....Carmelo is a real difference maker for the Knicks.   Let's not be biased because we see Pierce every night.  Carmelo is every bit as good as Paul was in his prime and better than Paul is today.......and we know Paul is a difference maker.....our closer and a finals MVP.  Carmelo can be that on a team with Amare and a great point guard (and I predict the Knicks can attract that 3rd great player to get their own "big 3" like Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Heat, Chicago).    

If you don't believe that Carmelo makes that much of a difference for the Knicks, I just have to disagree with you and leave it at that.  If there was a way for us to have a bet, I'd bet you in a heartbeat.   The guy is probably top 3 in best scorers in this League and a decent rebounder on top of that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

YES, it's finally over,but not the way you ERRONEOUSLY reported it.....what was it you said, "consummated deal?"...............I'm laughing at your superior intellect.  Oh, and by the way, this just in:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211221/Celtics_Rockets_Talking_Battier_Trade

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/boston_celtics

AND:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6145726

just for the record!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Let's revive this post, shall we!!

Sections
Shortcuts