Is it good to be much less afraid of LA or bad that Miami looks so scary?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Is it good to be much less afraid of LA or bad that Miami looks so scary?

No question Miami is on a roll winning 15 out of 16(I think). But we too have won 15 out of 16 losing to Orlando in a 4th qtr. that reminded me of the 4th qtr in the 7th game final---sorry to open wounds---against the Lakers when in last 6-7 minutes we couldn't hit the side of a barn door & they couldn't miss. Nelson, not one of the BiG 3, was the key as were Fisher & Artest hitting long 3s while Kobe struggled & had one of his worst shooting games. Despite the disparity in foul shots, we would have won that title with just Allen getting 1-2 more 3s. Anyway, enough crying about last years title.

Regarding being afraid of Miami more than the Lakers. Who knows, we may not face the Lakers but we too need get by the Magic & Heat as they do the Spurs & Dallas.

If any of the Big 3 gets an injury, the Heat will not be a major factor. Keep in mind that we will be getting Rondo, West &, hopefully, Perkins back and in good playing heath so we don't have a New Years' swoon.

With thanks to Wrigleys Spearment Gum , Double My Pleasure, Double My Fun, I'm happy when the Celtics win & Lakers Lose(same as Sox winning & Yankees lose) and when Celtics & Sox don't play, I root for ANY TEAM who plays against them.

Actually, I'm hoping for a Celtics-Lakers finals to mend the wounds I'm still suffering from Game 7 last year. I know, I know, get over it but I want some revenge & want the Celtics to be the team that prevents Jackson from tying Auerbach.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Is it good to be much less afraid of LA or bad that Miami looks so scary?:
    You obviously have to take away their speed, play mistake free ball, do all the little things to win, outcoach them, etc. That doesn't do anything to address the obvious bias they will get from the refs and what an incredible boon to business it will be to have a more rested team waiting for Miami in Boston over the opposite scenario. If this was the younger '08 Celtics and we didn't have an outcry against shady officiating and obvious agenda driven star calls, then I wouldn't care as much about the #1 seed. but in this situation, I say it is paramount to our title hopes
    Posted by rameakap

are you saying the celtics dont get their fair share of calls?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Is it good to be much less afraid of LA or bad that Miami looks so scary?:
    Clearly I am in the category of much more afraid of Miami than I am happy that LA is struggling. but I guess if this team was destined to fall in a game 7 in Miami a good consolation prize would be LA not winning a title... better consolation prize would be Dallas beating the Heat.
    Posted by rameakap

obviously i diagree with your sentiment here...but is for two reasons...how much the mavs cried "foul" when their jumpers stopped falling in the finals in 06 and the fact that the dallas area fans means these same people root for the insufferable Cowgirls and idolize jerry jones and a certain former president that resides in crawford

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

The Lakers are down right now.

I won't take the heat seriously until they beat the Celtics. 5 on 2.5 is a match up that I like.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

The Heat do scare me. They have improved dramatically, However, I think Rondo, gives us the edge if we are healthy. In the two games against the Heat Rondo dished 17 and 16 assists. Wade couldn't guard him and he wrecked havoc on the Heat defense. In the second game they switched at one point and put Lebron on Rondo which worked well for them, but it meant that Pierce was guarded by Wade and Pierce took him in the post where with his height advantage Wade couldn't stop him either. Also With Wade and James occupied they had no one to guard Allen who burned them both games, scoring 35 points in the second game.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Obviously we should be more afraid of Celtic injuries than any of the above....

Sections
Shortcuts