Is it likely............no trades by deadline???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Is it likely............no trades by deadline???

C'mon Danny, DON'T pull the trigger.  Nothing is out there that will make us better long-term or get back anything of value short-term.

We're not getting good picks for Bass or Hump and we're not getting Hayward or Asik.

We are a bad basketball team.  We're not horrible, just bad enough with this group to finish with a great opportunity to grab a top 3-5 lottery pick in the draft.

I can't see any deal right now happening.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

......and it didn't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.  But we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

The new CBA is taking all the fun out of days like today.

Soon, we'll be the NFL, and very few trades will ever happen.

Maybe that's what they want.......................

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Hedleylamarr, as much as we all know the Celtics needed to break up the logjam at the PF position, every other GM knew that too.  And that meant they could lowball us.  And if we really could not get any value back for decent players like Bass and Hump, I'm glad we did not make a move for the sake of making a move.

This summer, Bass will be in the final year and he'll be attractive to other teams.  Also we can do a sign and trade of Hump to get some value back.

I don't think this was a bad "no-move".