Is it possible to even get Gasol?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Is it possible to even get Gasol?

Do we have what the lakers want?  Aside from Green, probably not.  If they are going to trade Gasol, they need quality back.  I don't think they'd be interested in Melo, Sully or Bradley..........so who might they be looking for, and who might they want to get rid of:

Here is a possible trade - feel free to rip it apart - I'm beyond the point of caring anymore:

Utah gets Jeff Green and Steve Blake

LAL gets Paul Millsap, Brandon Bass and Courtney Lee

BOS gets Gasol and Jamison

Not sure if the $ works exactly, but it's pretty close.  Utah gets a backup PG, and a wing scorer for an expiring deal.

LAL gets a starting 4, and a stretch 4 off the bench, and Lee who is better than Meeks.

They now have Nash/Duhon............Bryant/Lee............Peace/Ebanks........Millsap/Bass......Howard/Hill

BOS would have Rondo/Barbosa.........Bradley/Terry........PP/Jamison.........KG/Sully......Gasol/Wilcox

All 3 teams are better in the short term, for what they want.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Re: Is it possible to even get Gasol?

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do we have what the lakers want?  Aside from Green, probably not.  If they are going to trade Gasol, they need quality back.  I don't think they'd be interested in Melo, Sully or Bradley..........so who might they be looking for, and who might they want to get rid of:

Here is a possible trade - feel free to rip it apart - I'm beyond the point of caring anymore:

Not sure if the $ works exactly, but it's pretty close.  Utah gets a backup PG, and a wing scorer for an expiring deal.

LAL gets a starting 4, and a stretch 4 off the bench, and Lee who is better than Meeks.

They now have Nash/Duhon............Bryant/Lee............Peace/Ebanks........Millsap/Bass......Howard/Hill

BOS would have Rondo/Barbosa.........Bradley/Terry........PP/Jamison.........KG/Sully......Gasol/Wilcox

[/QUOTE]

Seems like only yesterday you messed up Laker haters were calling Gasol soft. Pau Gasoft? How times change so quickly. Who from the Lakers do you want next, KoMe the rapist?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to lakersavenger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seems like only yesterday you messed up Laker haters were calling Gasol soft. Pau Gasoft? How times change so quickly. Who from the Lakers do you want next, KoMe the rapist?

[/QUOTE]

At least get your facts straignt.  I have ALWAYS liked Gasol.  I never called him Gasoft or Llama or anything else.

Also, get your facts straight - and you can ask Blooopy and GK, they are my witnesses - I DO NOT hate the lakers organization, I have great respect for them.  I can't stand their FANS.............and I know because I deal with the delusional, uninformed, entitled idiots everyday.............and, no, I'm not too crazy about Bryant the person.  Bryant the basketball player is Top 10 all-time...............Bryant the person is a piece of crap.  I have many Armenian friends who have now pledged their Un-allegiance to Bryant because of the Turkish Airlines thing................what a guy!!

And you can't seem to make up your mind who you root for - whichever team is doing better, I guess.  Don't worry, son, someday the other one will fall, then you'll have a pair like the rest of us!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At least get your facts straignt.  I have ALWAYS liked Gasol.  I never called him Gasoft or Llama or anything else.

Also, get your facts straight - and you can ask Blooopy and GK, they are my witnesses - I DO NOT hate the lakers organization, I have great respect for them.  I can't stand their FANS.............and I know because I deal with the delusional, uninformed, entitled idiots everyday.............and, no, I'm not too crazy about Bryant the person.  Bryant the basketball player is Top 10 all-time...............Bryant the person is a piece of crap.  I have many Armenian friends who have now pledged their Un-allegiance to Bryant because of the Turkish Airlines thing................what a guy!!

And you can't seem to make up your mind who you root for - whichever team is doing better, I guess.  Don't worry, son, someday the other one will fall, then you'll have a pair like the rest of us!!!

[/QUOTE]

Hats off to you Hedley for the comment on living in LA with these idiotic fans.  But I am so pleased to hear you comment on the Turkish Airlines thing.  Armenians in LA loved the guy and he was told how offensive it was by them and still took the money and then renewed his contract with the Turks again this year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Living in SF Bay area and being a Boston fan I have always hated the Lakers. Would go to Warrior/Laker games to root for GS but unfortunately Lakers would almost always dominate...not this year though.

But I had always been jealous of the Bynum/Gasol duo as they were the best big man combo in the game and it was they, and the egregious difference in foul shots 41 to 18, that allowed them to beat us in game 7 2 years ago. Kobe shot 25% & the team only 31% but they won the rebound battle giving their mediocre shooters 2nd chances.

I always liked Gasol and felt that he and KG were similar 5-15 ft from the basket and pretty deadly. I would love to have him now in tandem with KG. Can we give up a few of our mediocre PFs, Bass, Green, Lee & toss in Terry too as he won't be needed when Bradly returns. I think Rondo & Bradley could be 2 of the best PG duos in the game & to drive to the basket and/or pass off to KG and Gasol would make us championship calibre. Sully & Wilcox would come in to relieve and although only 6'9" are both bangers like Big Baby was.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Living in SF Bay area and being a Boston fan I have always hated the Lakers. Would go to Warrior/Laker games to root for GS but unfortunately Lakers would almost always dominate...not this year though.

But I had always been jealous of the Bynum/Gasol duo as they were the best big man combo in the game and it was they, and the egregious difference in foul shots 41 to 18, that allowed them to beat us in game 7 2 years ago. Kobe shot 25% & the team only 31% but they won the rebound battle giving their mediocre shooters 2nd chances.

I always liked Gasol and felt that he and KG were similar 5-15 ft from the basket and pretty deadly. I would love to have him now in tandem with KG. Can we give up a few of our mediocre PFs, Bass, Green, Lee & toss in Terry too as he won't be needed when Bradly returns. I think Rondo & Bradley could be 2 of the best PG duos in the game & to drive to the basket and/or pass off to KG and Gasol would make us championship calibre. Sully & Wilcox would come in to relieve and although only 6'9" are both bangers like Big Baby was.

[/QUOTE]

This trade is sounding good to me as well as Amare. Things have gotten pretty bad on this Celtic team we thought would compete for a championship a month ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

This discussion is enormously satisfying as you all raise the white flag. It just proves very clearly that the Lakers are the absolutlely greatest franchise ever. They just keep rolling along year after year. Can you all admit that now? Where's "9-3" Duke on this? Boston is on the throes of complete collapse, again, and it gives me great pleasure to see it. And you have no one the Lakers want for Gasol. NO ONE

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

This discussion is enormously satisfying as you all raise the white flag. It just proves very clearly that the Lakers are the absolutlely greatest franchise ever. They just keep rolling along year after year. Can you all admit that now? Where's "9-3" Duke on this? Boston is on the throes of complete collapse, again, and it gives me great pleasure to see it. And you have no one the Lakers want for Gasol. NO ONE

LOL  - at rolling along

2 second round exits in the last two years, and right now out of the playoff picture in the West and the second best team in LA...........way to keep "rolling along" there, Buff.  Sounds like you're "rolling" something else!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]

LOL  - at rolling along

2 second round exits in the last two years, and right now out of the playoff picture in the West and the second best team in LA...........way to keep "rolling along" there, Buff.  Sounds like you're "rolling" something else!!

[/QUOTE]
    The difference, Buffoon, is that the Lakers had legitimate reasons why they have struggled early and now are on the upswing while the Celtics are getting more and more buried and going nowhere. Get it Buff? Garnett looked like an old man out there. You know it and I know it and we both see it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL  - at rolling along

[/QUOTE]
    The difference, Buffoon, is that the Lakers had legitimate reasons why they have struggled early and now are on the upswing while the Celtics are getting more and more buried and going nowhere. Get it Buff? Garnett looked like an old man out there. You know it and I know it and we both see it.

[/QUOTE]

We have not raised the white flag.  We are seeing that the team is going to need to make a trade.  By then your team will also be raising the white flag and you will be a sixth or seventh seed.  Two future hall of famers added and a mediocre record.  How great is that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Utah doesn't want another underperforming tweener(Malvin Williams). They also have 3 players who can play SF and all they have currently are 2 backup PG's(M.. Williams  is out indefininetly). I don't see them involving themselves w/ the players presented here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The question all of us should have for DA is what were you thinking re-tooling the team without the one greatest need another big man. Terry, Lee, and you even get Sully but no one to take the load off KG. Very crazy looking back four months, Doc and Ainge must have had some other notion of what would happen. The problem is untenable without another big man.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Sorry this isn't going to satisfy you.

I don't want Gasol and his 19 million dollar a year contract.  His best days are behind him.

As far as the rest of your post goes the Lakers haven't been elite for three seasons now.

That is nothing to be ashamed about.  Just factual.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL  - at rolling along

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that.  Recently I read where the Great Humanitarian, and lover of his Armenian fans said if he can't get his 6th ring, he might as well go for Kareem's scoring record.

Too bad we won't be on the lakers when he breaks it.  NO WAY do they give him another contract after next year, unless it's for a huge discount, which, of course, he will never take.  You know it and I know it.

Last year you disappeared after another lakers 2nd round exit.  Now you are here, not so much gloating about the lakers, as much as demeaning the Celtics.  And now you claim to be a Clippers fan, too, to give you a reason to be here.

My advice is - get a life - or a woman or something.

You're a liar, a fraud, and you add very little to the conversation.

You are very good at insulting people and spinning the facts, so there's that.

I would LOVE to see yourarse on here after a lakers loss, or after they are eliminated, but you are a coward, too.  And that completes the sad and pathetic trifecta you call a life.

Bye!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL  - at rolling along

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that.  Recently I read where the Great Humanitarian, and lover of his Armenian fans said if he can't get his 6th ring, he might as well go for Kareem's scoring record.

Too bad we won't be on the lakers when he breaks it.  NO WAY do they give him another contract after next year, unless it's for a huge discount, which, of course, he will never take.  You know it and I know it.

Last year you disappeared after another lakers 2nd round exit.  Now you are here, not so much gloating about the lakers, as much as demeaning the Celtics.  And now you claim to be a Clippers fan, too, to give you a reason to be here.

I would LOVE to see yourarse on here after a lakers loss, or after they are eliminated, but you are a coward, too.  And that completes the sad and pathetic trifecta you call a life.

Bye!

[/QUOTE]

You sound upset.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL  - at rolling along

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bye!

[/QUOTE]

You sound upset.

[/QUOTE]

Nope, I'm in a great mood.  lakers lose yet?

Way to avoid the topics at hand, good for you!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The question all of us should have for DA is what were you thinking re-tooling the team without the one greatest need another big man. Terry, Lee, and you even get Sully but no one to take the load off KG. Very crazy looking back four months, Doc and Ainge must have had some other notion of what would happen. The problem is untenable without another big man.  

[/QUOTE]

Ainge got the big man he wanted, KG!

Remember, the Celts opted not to go under the salary cap. That meant the Celts only had the MLE to offer. No big man good enough was available for 5m per year.

It's not that Ainge didn't want to, Ainge just couldn't.  

[/QUOTE]

I get it, but assuming KG was coming back the need for another big man was always there.  Ainge had to know he could be in this position with the roster so thin at the four and five.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think Danny had a Plan A and B all along.  I think he wanted to get KG, Bass and Green under contract, he signed Wilcox, Collins and Darko.  He drafted Sully and Melo.  Plan A was - ONE of those 5 (Wilcox, Collins, Darko, Sully, Melo) would step up and help us rebound and protect the rim..................

Plan B has to be - get help during the season............now is the time!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I think we could get Gasol for Pierce straight up.  I think the money is pretty balanced.  Celtics might have to toss in some bench warmer or 2- Barbosa and Collins to get the money equal.  I would make this trade in a heartbeat.  I think Pierce is gone at the end of the year, so we might as well get something for him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

I think Danny had a Plan A and B all along.  I think he wanted to get KG, Bass and Green under contract, he signed Wilcox, Collins and Darko.  He drafted Sully and Melo.  Plan A was - ONE of those 5 (Wilcox, Collins, Darko, Sully, Melo) would step up and help us rebound and protect the rim..................

Plan B has to be - get help during the season............now is the time!

[/QUOTE]

That sounds right now for Plan B the hard part.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

To answer the Op's question-NO!!!!!!!!!!  I wouldn't wont to deal with the LA FAKERS or want any parts of Pau Ga Soft.  NO F-N THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts