Is it really the age of these guys?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Is it really the age of these guys?

All I keep seeing is the postings about the Big 3 and their ages. Have their talents sagged that much?
    I see a terrible lack of aggressiveness and can't figure out why. Too many minutes? complacency?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Re: Is it really the age of these guys?

Definitely age. These guys just finished a whole season of travelling across the country playing basketball. At my job, there is no difference between my performance in my mid 30s than in my mid 20s, but us normal people dont get worn into the ground over a 9 month period year after year.
    If these 3 had been put together in their mid 20's we wouldve had 5 more championships.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

No, it's our bench. The bench rarely produces and it's made the our starters have to play more minutes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

I agree with BiasLewis too. We need to bring new players to the bench next season

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

We already have the tools with some of our current bench - Davis, Green, Krstic and West.  As a unit, they just need to be healthy, better utilized and better accustomed to the Celtics system.

And then it is absolutely necessary that we integrate, even occasionally start them more fully because as much as the Big 3 have defied their age - and as much as I love them for it - it always catches up eventually.

And this is coming from an amateur athlete who is about their age and just beginning to accept that harsh reality.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

OK, to answer your question about West, he is only 27.  He entered the draft a year early at age 20.  And the vibe I get is that he never really gave himself a chance to reach his full potential before but is in a really good place to do that now... once he can keep from getting injured which to my knowledge was never a problem before this season.

Green and Krstic shouldn't be judged until they've had a full training camp to learn the Celtics system.  I think a lot of Krstic's stuggles in particular came from his issues learning that system.  When he was initially told to just PLAY, he helped us a LOT.

Davis... maybe you're right about him.  I hope not though.  He hasn't exactly been helping his cause lately.  But even there, he brings stuff to the table and is very well respected by his teammates.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Is it really the age of these guys?:
    [QUOTE]so what happens now?........do we go into a drought for years again? Is there a quick fix?
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

Alot of that depends on the new collective bargaining agreement. Their is probably a salary cap coming and owners want to make it easier for teams to retain their talent (that way the clevelands of the world don't get killed by their star player leaving.) So we'll see what Danny has to work with.

If their is much room for free agency another key will be is Doc staying. A lot of players want to play for Doc Rivers, so we'll see. Jeff Green is young if we choose to retain him as is Rondo so their is some young talent there. We get also a first round pick from the clippers as part of the perkins trade, although the best it can be is an 11th pick depending on where the Clippers finish (we grabbed Pierce at 10) but all that dpends on how well we draft. Short answer we are not in a hopeless situation but it all depends on luck, the draft, class, which veterans are willing to stay in lesser roles etc...

Sections
Shortcuts