Is it too soon for a Bass for Asik trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Is it too soon for a Bass for Asik trade?

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Another way to get Marshall would be this:

Rondo to HOU

Crawford to DET

Cut Pressey

Sign Marshall

Lin and KCP to BOS

[/QUOTE]

hahaha are you mocking me? fair enough

[/QUOTE]

Nope, not mocking anyone.........just think they will trade Rondo this year.....you don't, and that's fine!

[/QUOTE]

Ok ..... seems like a lot of dominos to fall for one, waived, free agent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rondo to HOU

Crawford to DET

Cut Pressey

Sign Marshall

Lin and KCP to BOS

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nope, not mocking anyone.........just think they will trade Rondo this year.....you don't, and that's fine!

[/QUOTE]

Ok ..... seems like a lot of dominos to fall for one, waived, free agent.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course, it's incredibly far-fetched.....but I think a Lin/Marshall combo will be good going forward.  Not sold on Asik.........but I agree would love to get rid of Bass and Lee.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Bass + Lee = Asik + Sullinger + Green = Aldridge

Rondo + Bradley + Jabari Parker + Aldridge + Fav + Olynyk = Champ!

:)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

Bass + Lee = Asik + Sullinger + Green = Aldridge

Rondo + Bradley + Jabari Parker + Aldridge + Fav + Olynyk = Champ!

:)

[/QUOTE]

relentless

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

muahhahaha

some on here get kicks from posting lizzard memes, some get kicks from silly prop bets, some get kicks from trying to learn english, some love to hate on Rondo...

I want to foresee, predict, and spell out future DA moves that could make the Celtics relevent.

DAHMUN RIGHT RELENTLESS

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

muahhahaha

some on here get kicks from posting lizzard memes, some get kicks from silly prop bets, some get kicks from trying to learn english, some love to hate on Rondo...

I want to foresee, predict, and spell out future DA moves that could make the Celtics relevent.

DAHMUN RIGHT RELENTLESS

[/QUOTE]

... and some just relentlessly post foolish and repetitive trade ideas that are not well thought out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rondo to HOU

Crawford to DET

Cut Pressey

Sign Marshall

Lin and KCP to BOS

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know we're pretty pathetic when we spend our time trying to figure out ways to make room for other team's gargbage, right?  I would like to see the C's give Marshall a shot.  But I wouldn't reconfigure the whole roster for him. 

R9R- What the C's need more than anything else is a new Paul Pierce.  I think that's why DA is so obsessed with draft picks right now.  DA doesn't want to put together another Big 3.  He doesn't want anymore Shaqs or Jermaine O'Neals.  He wants another Pierce, a player like Durant, a cornerstone to build around for the future.

If we have no chance of making the playoffs then losing is GREAT.  I doubt DA is hoping to lure Asik to town, especially when Fave grabbed 18 rebs in only his second game.  He's going to try and hold onto small contracts and dump the vets en route to a lottery-ball future.  Rumor is that DA's got a man-crush on Smart.

The only guys I'm hoping to see us part ways with are: Humph- too expensive.  Lee- had his chance, too inconsistent.  Crawford- way too inconsistent.  Bass- Not good enough to be a PF (no low-post moves), not enough range to be a SF.(no 3's).

I hope they draft Marcus Smart, and I think it's realistic.  Rondo, Smart, Green, Sully, Fave to start next season.  I think KO and Wallace would be great second-teamers (assuming we can't unload Wallace).  Factor in the extra picks and cap space and we're back int the playoffs, this time with a young team. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I would be thrilled to land Marcus Smart (assuming he doesn't disappoint this season).  Exum too. But if we land the number one pick it would be tough to pass on Wiggins.  

I'll be watching more college bball this year than ever to evaluate the talent.  

November 12 - Kentucky vs Duke and Kansas vs Michign St on TV = 7 potential lottery picks!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would be thrilled to land Marcus Smart (assuming he doesn't disappoint this season).  Exum too. But if we land the number one pick it would be tough to pass on Wiggins.  

I'll be watching more college bball this year than ever to evaluate the talent.  

November 12 - Kentucky vs Duke and Kansas vs Michign St on TV = 7 potential lottery picks!! 

[/QUOTE]

Its going to be a tough draft. A true lottery. I think Wiggins, Parker and Randle are all in that same elite class, sort of like Lebron, Melo and Wade.

Personally, I'd be dissapointed with Exum. I just don't see the killer instinct.

Smart does look great, but he is NOT an elite shooter by any means. He will need a few years in the NBA to develop into a top 10 PG. Remember, besides the classics of Paul, Williams, Westbrook, Rondo... there's now Rose, Irving, Lillard, Wall, Holiday ... and potentially Burke and MCW.

I like Parker the most because he reminds me the most of a young Paul Pierce. I've been saying a lot that its either Parker or Rondo, but maybe just maybe they could work together.

My point, if we can draft talent (Parker) and trade for size (Aldridge) somehow, then we may be able to compete.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Its becoming evident that the next Paul Pierce IS NOT Jeff Green.

By the way, 

What happens if we miss on on #2 overall pick (Durant) and end up with a #5 overal pick (Jeff Green)?

What happens if we hit the #1 pick and draft the next Greg Oden?

TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS THEN!

Oh right. We continue losing, and start the process all over again next year. Welp :(

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Rockets GM said just yesterday, "Aisk is not available and we are not trading him."  Not only that if Celtics make a salary cap blunder again they will be a repeat offender.  Enjoy!  Nohead

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Ainge  should have a standing offer with McHale : Bass for Asik straight up at any time Houston is ready.

no way I trade Lee or any draft picks with it.

Brooks maybe, if they bite on the hook.

I know there are a faction of fans here who think Brooks is a star in waiting..but we all can see the staff feels Lee is a better player than Brooks , right now at least. Also the Cdeltics did NOT pick up brooks additional year on hes deal (what does THAT tell you?).

Bass and Brooks for asik...that will work salary wise I believe.

Bass makes Houston a better team NOW.

Asik makes the Celtics a better team NOW and in the future.

C-Asik, Fav, Humphries

PF- Sully, KO, Humphries

SF- Green, Wallace, Bogans

SG- Bradley, Lee, Crawford

PG- Rondo, Crawford, Pressey

Roster spot open for young player there.

Can Houston find a better deal ....most likely.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Asik ain't coming to your doorstep.  It ain't baseball but it ain't fantasy either Same with Aldrich

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]

This:

HOU: Bass, Lee, 2014 Nets 1st pick

BOS: Asik

Is more than fair. Ideally, I'd like to give the Clippers 2015 pick. Asik and Fav could play together during stretches and one of them can "anchor" the defense throughout the entire game. With Bass out, this opens the starting lineup for Sullinger to shine. KO comes off the bench playing 15mpg. Hump remains sidelined for junk time.

The best part is, Asik is not an offensive star, so this move in itself would not make the Celtics a better team (record-wise). What it does is begin to shore up our defense. I would be very content with a losing record, if somehow we had an above average defense. Scoring came come via Jabari Parker in the draft.

[/QUOTE]Why give up on Lee.Finally he is playing very well.I belive very soon he will be our start 2.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Or I should say, Aldridge. Not to doorstep either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ainge  should have a standing offer with McHale : Bass for Asik straight up at any time Houston is ready.

I know there are a faction of fans here who think Brooks is a star in waiting..but we all can see the staff feels Lee is a better player than Brooks , right now at least. Also the Cdeltics did NOT pick up brooks additional year on hes deal (what does THAT tell you?).

C-Asik, Fav, Humphries

PF- Sully, KO, Humphries

[/QUOTE]
    Why would McHale, who is going with a "twin towers" approach this season, want to trade one of the NBA's best consistent rebounders for a too-short, not rebounding scorer (almost) who can't consistently hit a 12 footer?..Why would McHale do us this favor?

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I can't understand why some on here repetedly insist on these stupid trades thinking other teams will gladly give up their quality starters for our junk... Bass is a bench player on a decent team and Brooks doesn't even play for the worst team in the league.  

I'm sure that McHale can find 29 other teams that can offer better return.

The only Celtics that will bring any quality players back in tradew are Rondo, and to a lesser extent, Green, Oly and Sully and we aren't trading the latter two.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

C-Asik, Fav, Humphries

PF- Sully, KO, Humphries

[/QUOTE]
    Why would McHale, who is going with a "twin towers" approach this season, want to trade one of the NBA's best consistent rebounders for a too-short, not rebounding scorer (almost) who can't consistently hit a 12 footer?..Why would McHale do us this favor?

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I can't understand why some on here repetedly insist on these stupid trades thinking other teams will gladly give up their quality starters for our junk... Bass is a bench player on a decent team and Brooks doesn't even play for the worst team in the league.  

I'm sure that McHale can find 29 other teams that can offer better return.

The only Celtics that will bring any quality players back in tradew are Rondo, and to a lesser extent, Green, Oly and Sully and we aren't trading the latter two.

[/QUOTE]

as I said in the end, Houston can proabbly find a better deal.

as to why it could be possible,Asik and Howard play the exact same game. you cannot play a "twin towers" with both players clogging the lane..it has NEVER worked.

Houston has no starting power forward on the team now.they need one who can hit the mid-range jumper and get out of Howards way down low.

Bass and Howard have started together before on a playoff team. ( 2010 Orlando team won 52 games).

is it likely? nope.

is it possible...of course.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

There are certain assets that are just plain hard to find out there in the NBA, and you need a mix of each of these to be successful in the NBA.

Court vision/passing/ball movement

Low post defense

Perimeter/pick and roll defense

Slashing/individual scoring ability

Perimeter scoring

Cohesion/chemistry on both offense and defense

Rondo has alot of this, but severly lacks the perimeter scoring part of his game.

Bradley excells at the perimeter D, and is below average at the perimeter scoring for HIS position as well.

The team is also missing the low post D that is severly needed.

They need a big man, and a big time perimeter shooter for either SF or SG. 

Asik is not the Best C in the league by any means, but he is 1) much better than we have, and 2) can be a very complimentary player as you build around him.

I am ok with trading Green, Lee, Bass, heck, anyone not named KO, Favarini, Sully, or rondo towards him.

The only way Bradley works next to rondo on this team is a lights out scorer at the SF spot.  Green is not that player.

Rondo, bradley, wiggins, sully, asik would be very strong defensively both inside and out, have good rebounding, and could score by slashing or poping the outside shot.  The rebuild would be quick.  Add KO, faverini, wallace, and 2 little men currently not on the roster(lee is certainly boderline and brooks can't even get on the court) and we can go far.

Trade for Asik.  Overpay slightly for him.  Compensate this year if you must by trading either green or bradley.  I like bradley alot, but his offensive game is way below average for the position.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

There are certain assets that are just plain hard to find out there in the NBA, and you need a mix of each of these to be successful in the NBA.

Court vision/passing/ball movement

Low post defense

Perimeter/pick and roll defense

Slashing/individual scoring ability

Perimeter scoring

Cohesion/chemistry on both offense and defense

Rondo has alot of this, but severly lacks the perimeter scoring part of his game.

Bradley excells at the perimeter D, and is below average at the perimeter scoring for HIS position as well.

The team is also missing the low post D that is severly needed.

They need a big man, and a big time perimeter shooter for either SF or SG. 

Asik is not the Best C in the league by any means, but he is 1) much better than we have, and 2) can be a very complimentary player as you build around him.

I am ok with trading Green, Lee, Bass, heck, anyone not named KO, Favarini, Sully, or rondo towards him.

The only way Bradley works next to rondo on this team is a lights out scorer at the SF spot.  Green is not that player.

Rondo, bradley, wiggins, sully, asik would be very strong defensively both inside and out, have good rebounding, and could score by slashing or poping the outside shot.  The rebuild would be quick.  Add KO, faverini, wallace, and 2 little men currently not on the roster(lee is certainly boderline and brooks can't even get on the court) and we can go far.

Trade for Asik.  Overpay slightly for him.  Compensate this year if you must by trading either green or bradley.  I like bradley alot, but his offensive game is way below average for the position.

[/QUOTE]

Good Post.

Agree with most, especially Houston's need for a more athletic PF with a mid-range jumper to spread the floor.

My concerns are:

1. that Bass is not what Houston would be looking for to meet that need. Houston is looking to build a championship team and Bass is not the elite player they need at PF. I would consider Bass a solid off the bench player on a contender. 

2. Houston may want to retain Asik in the likely event that Howard misses time due to injuries. They can both get minutes alternating at center, and against certain teams (like the Celtics or even Miami) the twin towers situational strategy could be very effective.

3.  Any deal that would include Asik would IMO likely include a PG upgrade.  They currently have four PGs on the roster.  #3 Arron Brooks is a capable backup.  and they drafted Canaan with their first pick in the 2012 draft.  So something has to give.  Beaverly is now starting over Lin, (who has a bloated contract).  So I see Houston moving Lin with Asik.

IF Boston is involved in a Houston trade, it would likely include a 3rd team.  as Boston could use Asik (not Lin) and Houston could use Rondo, but we don't have the PF needed by Houston.  Trading Rondo could land Asik and fill other needs.      

Sections
Shortcuts