Is it Up to Rondo to Lead Now? Not Later!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Is it Up to Rondo to Lead Now? Not Later!

-

The Globe's Gary Washburn says in the headline of his Globe piece, Rondo must lead Celtics out of struggles.

He goes on to say this:  "While Rondo has been recognized as a strong defender because he takes chances and makes steals, his primary weakness is the inability to play one-on-one. And that has to change."

Has Rondo been the one responsible for allowing teams to penetrate so easily?

The entire teams is disjointed both on offense and defense, looking lost on both ends of the floor.  They look good on paper, but paper can't play the games.

I, myself, said that this would be an interesting team and a work in progress: let the work begin tonight, fer-chris-sake, and dammnnnnn . . .  please, make it interesting.

Ya can't look at much can ya, Man.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Is it Up to Rondo to Lead Now? Not Later!

R9R's stat lines look pretty good thru 3 games... but I don't see much PG leadership to speak of. It hurts when the always good soldier RayRay's not there to bail him out.

Speaking of which....

RA 23 points tonight off the bench for the Heat hitting 6-10 3PTs.

RA's replacement, Courtney Lee.... 4 pts and he struggles mightily to fit in.

Pud 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

Ouch, just heard thoses  stats. The element that Ray brings to a team cannot be discounted. I haven't seen much of Mr. Lee until these last 3 games, and so far I'm underwhelmed.

There's some intangible intensity that a certified Hall of Famer brings to the lineup and Ray was an elegant assasian to boot--one that brought the crowd to their feet and got them into the game.

But this malaise is not on Lee or the absence of Ray but on he whole team who are playing with a complete lack of intensity and/or urgency.  At least Paul stepped it up tonight, but he took 22 shots and played some minutes in doing so.

I guess it's going to be one game at a time as this team is definately feeling their way forward.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

looks like Rondo is getting a small "jab" in at Lebrons expense

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/rajon-rondo-girl-lebron-is-a-bitch-shirt/160775

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to RajonRondowski's comment:

-

Ouch, just heard thoses  stats. The element that Ray brings to a team cannot be discounted. I haven't seen much of Mr. Lee until these last 3 games, and so far I'm underwhelmed.

There's some intangible intensity that a certified Hall of Famer brings to the lineup and Ray was an elegant assasian to boot--one that brought the crowd to their feet and got them into the game.

But this malaise is not on Lee or the absence of Ray but on he whole team who are playing with a complete lack of intensity and/or urgency.  At least Paul stepped it up tonight, but he took 22 shots and played some minutes in doing so.

I guess it's going to be one game at a time as this team is definately feeling their way forward.

Do/t worry. As soon as Avery Bradley comes back all this Ray stuff will end and you will see why Allen became a bench player for this team last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Do/t worry. As soon as Avery Bradley comes back all this Ray stuff will end and you will see why Allen became a bench player for this team last year.

[/QUOTE]

23 points sparking the bench  is whole, whole lot of "Ray stuff." We should be so lucky.

He'll likely be in the running for 6th Man Award.

Lets hope AB resembles who he was last season.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to celticelmo's comment:

23 points sparking the bench  is whole, whole lot of "Ray stuff." We should be so lucky.

He'll likely be in the running for 6th Man Award.

Lets hope AB resembles who he was last season.

Pud

Right.  But Ray is not going to average 23 points a game.  Obviously. Right now he is shooting 62 percent from the floor and 56 percent from 3.  You know this is an aberration correct?

Just as obvious it that Terry will go off for 20 points a game more than a few times this season.

As it is also obvious why Allen lost his starting job to Bradley. Ray Allen would not make the difference this year for the Celtics.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

This is the same Rondo of last year, who when played intelligently, with energy helped drive the team to the elite level...however, he also brought down the whole team when he refused to play D, made stupid turnovers and held the ball out front to ruin the offensive flow.  

Rondo still can't shoot and is wildly inconsistent.  IMO not a natural team leader.  

I just wish that Doc has the cubes to sit Rondo, for most of the game if necessary, when he plays like an uninterested and uninspired participant this year, because we seldom win those games. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

RayRay's stat line tonight... 28 min, 15 pts, 3-4 from 3Pt line, 6 dimes and 6 rebounds.

Say again??.... 6 dimes and 6 rebounds.

Hmmmmm!

I don't remember those sorts of stats ever from RA.

Distributor, rebounder and 3 pt threat.

Pud

• Sections
    Shortcuts