Is It Von Wafer Or Is It Boston Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Re: Is It Von Wafer Or Is It Boston Celtics

I have asked the same question before. I think it is the Cs. Wafer did show his good stuff in a few games. Too bad that he is not heavily played every night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

The fact that he is not a locker room cancer, I think, is because of the Boston Celtics. HE cant pull that stuff here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Are you saying he's a better player here or worse?  I think I'm missing your point.  I thought he played better in houston, but then he got more time cause you guys were decimated with injuries.  Is he getting along better here?  Well, he got in a fight with dwest before the season even started.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Wafer is earning his minutes. He is showing loyalty to the organisation and his teammates. He knows that's the only way he 'll be succesfull in the NBA. I like him on our roster. Just the fact that he accepted to work on his defense (which is  impressive of lately ) makes him earn a spot on our roster. And true he won't be a cancer with guys like KG surrounding him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

MichBelgium,

I agree with you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Wafer may have a chance to move up in the rotation... Nate has been struggling so much (exception last game).. Wafer is the perfect sub for Ray.. unless Nate gets much more consistent, Id expect Wafer to play more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Wafer came into a situation where he has to learn the system and has had to play behind people who've been in the system longer (Ray Allen and Nate Robinson and sometimes Marquis Daniels).   Von has had to learn that Doc is not happy when Von's not rotating properly or not in the right defensive position.  The Celts are focused on Defense and you can't just come in with your offense and break into the rotation (ala Nate Robinson last year).

But, we've seen Von get more minutes of late and look more comfortable.  So, he seems to be making progress.  He's very athletic and quick and can shoot.  If he continues to improve, he'll be a great asset as he can guard bigger people than Nate can......and lord knows, Ray needs rest!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

The difference is that it is a veteran team and the other players keep him in line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Is It Von Wafer Or Is It Boston Celtics:
    Wafer is earning his minutes. He is showing loyalty to the organisation and his teammates. He knows that's the only way he 'll be succesfull in the NBA. I like him on our roster. Just the fact that he accepted to work on his defense (which is  impressive of lately ) makes him earn a spot on our roster. And true he won't be a cancer with guys like KG surrounding him. 
    Posted by MichBelgium

Please explain how he is showing his "loyalty".  He is being paid to play. If he doesn't do what is expected of him he will be cut.  He has been on the bubble all year.  He has already been in a fight with a team mate.  Is this not enough to give him motivation?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Is It Von Wafer Or Is It Boston Celtics : Please explain how he is showing his "loyalty".  He is being paid to play. If he doesn't do what is expected of him he will be cut.  He has been on the bubble all year.  He has already been in a fight with a team mate.  Is this not enough to give him motivation?
    Posted by OneOnOne

Don't you think there is more on the line for Von then just being cut? 
    I think this could be one of his final shots of keeping his NBA dreams alive !

Von was criticised all over the league for not being able to play defense and being a cancer to his respective team. Where can he find a better place/team than Boston to show his dedication and prove people wrong? DA always brought in some difficult  personalities and made them to be loyal to the team as in thinking about a Team instead of individual succes. I think Von is realising that this could  be one of his last shots to get a longer contract in the NBA. Here in Boston he is getting a clear message in maturing not only his attitude but also his game ... To me he seems smart enough to understand the importance of this all. 

And I see loyalty as making the best of every oportunity(whatever the coach expects him to do)... He is giving the celtics good, quality limited minutes. If he keeps this up he could definitly give Ray some more rest and that is what this is all about.... . We haven't had a decent Ray backup for years, maybe we have one right here.

I don't approve the fight with West, but West isn't the sweetest guy neither... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

1. He did not play in the NBA last year
    2. He did not have a good rep as a locker room guy
    3. NO ONE plays for Doc Rivers unless you commit to defense (another thing he is not known for)
    4. He struggled with the offense and schemes in pre-season.

He has been given a chance recently, and is making the most of it.  His defense has improved, and hopefully he can continue to make strides.  I've always liked his game, but there are reasons why guys like him and Rashard McCants have trouble staying in the league!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

1. He did not play in the NBA last year 2. He did not have a good rep as a locker room guy 3. NO ONE plays for Doc Rivers unless you commit to defense (another thing he is not known for) 4. He struggled with the offense and schemes in pre-season. He has been given a chance recently, and is making the most of it.  His defense has improved, and hopefully he can continue to make strides.  I've always liked his game, but there are reasons why guys like him and Rashard McCants have trouble staying in the league!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

We cannot forget that he decided to leave the nba because of a better offer overseas. But true he didn't manage to make a good return to the NBA... 

I agree with all of that.... Well put Gerald Green to that list.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wafer needs to do more to earn his keep.  When I see him win a game or throw his body around with consistency I will be on board with this guy.  His shot is beautiful and he looks the part but his has done very little at this point. A reflection of him or what the coaching staff thinks of him.  I don't know. We can sure use his help.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Nate Robinson sat the bench after they signed him too for the most part.  They set a high standart for how to play and you have to really live up to that to get into games.  A big part of that is commitment to defense and being able to understand assignments for games.  I think attitude is a big part of it also.  Nate is a little bit of a goof, but so is Davis - but, they are commited to doing what is asked of them and being trusted to follow a game plan.  I think Doc sees the talent Von has, but is slow to put too much trust into him based on reputation, and trust can be a hard thing to really earn from an NBA coach.   

Sections
Shortcuts