Is JaJuan Johnson the "real deal?"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Is JaJuan Johnson the "real deal?"

Could he be a piece in a trade?

Thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Is JaJuan Johnson the "real deal?"

This kid is worth keeping.....please Danny, do NOT trade this kid....!!!!!  ....long, athletic, fast, skilled, and appears to be a great kid.....please Danny...!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I agree with Duke.  We have to give this guy a chance to develop.  In this season with fewer practice opportunities and no adequate training camp/pre-season, it's going to take a full season to realize his potential.

We can see it now and I think he will develop into a very good ball player.  We need more talented "yutes" like him.

I say we have to keep him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In Response to Re: Is JaJuan Johnson the "real deal?":
    [QUOTE]I agree with Duke.  We have to give this guy a chance to develop.  In this season with fewer practice opportunities and no adequate training camp/pre-season, it's going to take a full season to realize his potential. We can see it now and I think he will develop into a very good ball player.  We need more talented "yutes" like him. I say we have to keep him.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Keep him if you can; however, all options should be considered. The good thing about the past few games is his talents get showcased for other teams as well. He could be added to a package that could get the C's an established star to build around and compete this year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

johnson was pretty good yesterday and he is likely to continue to get better as he does have some nice athletic skills.

but, i have to agree with accension13 in that if a young, star type player is available to help win this year and for the next few years no one young player (like johnson) can be considered off limits in a potential trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Danny - be patient.  Don't get too anxious.   Keep JJJ and Bass and have yourself a young an athletic team going into next year.  Let the kid develop so you don't have to look up and see him starring for another team as the Cs have had to do with Billups and others.

I like the 2 year possibilities with:

Bass
    Rondo
    JJJ
    Moore
    Wilcox
    Pietrus
    Green (I hope)
    Pierce
    Cap room for 1 or 2 max players
    2 first round draft choices than can be traded for a higher draft choice
    Ray and/or KG possibly coming back for less money

Be patient, Danny.  You're holding good cards for next year.  Make a now move to use these assets IF and ONLY IF you get a star this year that can produce a championship now.  No mediocre players with multiyear deals that hurt our future flexibility.  KEEP JJJ!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Excellent post...!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan, the voice of reason, again!  We've had JJJ since what, December 25 (first game).  We've had this guy for less than 2 months and we're seeing some pretty good indications of his potential.  We haven't begun to scratch the surface with JJJ.  Now folks are looking to trade him away before we've even had an opportunity to get a good look at the guy.

The Celtics are in a great position this offseason and if we go the rest of the season with who we have and make a 1st round playoff exit, I'm fine with that.

Just think, we might not be able to make a trade this season.  We just might not have any real pieces that another team wants.  If we ARE unable to make a move before the deadline, I'm fine with "riding this season out" and looking forward to the excitement of getting right back into the thick of things this offseason with all we can do.

Let's just be patient.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

What is with these fans lately?  First to trade Rondo, then Allen, and then JJ, etc.

It is not going to happen.  Rondo and JJ is going to be a future franchise player.  All Boston need a decent center.  They can afford to sign Howard next year.  Or trade up two draft picks for a higher draft pick to draft a center.  This coming draft is going to be a good one.   

Therefore, Boston will have alot of ways to build a better team next year.  

Just be patient everyone!!  It is like trading Jeff Bagwell every time you talk about trading away younger players!!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

[QUOTE]Celtsfan, the voice of reason, again!  We've had JJJ since what, December 25 (first game).  We've had this guy for less than 2 months and we're seeing some pretty good indications of his potential.  We haven't begun to scratch the surface with JJJ.  Now folks are looking to trade him away before we've even had an opportunity to get a good look at the guy. The Celtics are in a great position this offseason and if we go the rest of the season with who we have and make a 1st round playoff exit, I'm fine with that. Just think, we might not be able to make a trade this season.  We just might not have any real pieces that another team wants.  If we ARE unable to make a move before the deadline, I'm fine with "riding this season out" and looking forward to the excitement of getting right back into the thick of things this offseason with all we can do. Let's just be patient.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

The free agent market is not very interesting this offseason. Williams and Howard do not want to play for the C's. The most exciting free agent this offseason will likely be Javell McGhee. I really like him, but I dont know if he is worth focusing on as your primary target right now. Besides that, he is a restricted FA. If a trade cannot be made, so be it. Ride it out. I just think the team should try to do whatever it can to acquire talent via trade. Young talent does not see Boston as an attractive spot for whatever reason.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

...and another Excellent post...!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is JaJuan Johnson the "real deal?" : The free agent market is not very interesting this offseason. Williams and Howard do not want to play for the C's. The most exciting free agent this offseason will likely be Javell McGhee. I really like him, but I dont know if he is worth focusing on as your primary target right now. Besides that, he is a restricted FA. If a trade cannot be made, so be it. Ride it out. I just think the team should try to do whatever it can to acquire talent via trade. Young talent does not see Boston as an attractive spot for whatever reason.
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

Howard would play for the Celtics if he see that the Celtics have a shot to win it all every single year.  For now he rather to play for a team that already have talents on the roster such as Bulls, Clippers, etc.  But does these team have enough money under the cap to sign Howard?  That is the question mark.  For Williams, he is being greedy and selfish lately.  He make his own demands such as to trade him, want more $$$, etc.  I wouldnt want to take him!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with Duke.  We have to give this guy a chance to develop.  In this season with fewer practice opportunities and no adequate training camp/pre-season, it's going to take a full season to realize his potential. We can see it now and I think he will develop into a very good ball player.  We need more talented "yutes" like him. I say we have to keep him.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]  YES HE IS !!!!  ONLY DOC DOESN'T KNOW IT YET.....  IM WITH DUKE & PETEY ON THIS ONE !!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

this is where Doc earns his salary. He needs to get minutes for JJJ and Bradley. Team really isnt going anywhere this year. Yes, in the playoffs, they will scare everyone and anyone, but lets face it, in a 7 game series with the Bulls/Heat, Celts simply dont have the legs.
    They MUST find out exactly what they have in Bradley and JJJ.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]Danny - be patient.  Don't get too anxious.   Keep JJJ and Bass and have yourself a young an athletic team going into next year.  Let the kid develop so you don't have to look up and see him starring for another team as the Cs have had to do with Billups and others. I like the 2 year possibilities with: Bass Rondo JJJ Moore Wilcox Pietrus Green (I hope) Pierce Cap room for 1 or 2 max players 2 first round draft choices than can be traded for a higher draft choice Ray and/or KG possibly coming back for less money Be patient, Danny.  You're holding good cards for next year.  Make a now move to use these assets IF and ONLY IF you get a star this year that can produce a championship now.  No mediocre players with multiyear deals that hurt our future flexibility.  KEEP JJJ!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Excellent post.  I couldn't agree more.

As Always,

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

I like JJJ off the bench and I like Wilcox as the starter. I would give Steizma more minutes also.

Here is the problem!!! DOC will bench them when JON come back.

ALSO: Please trade Ray Allen. He has no game except for the perfect three point shot openening.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Danny - be patient.  Don't get too anxious.   Keep JJJ and Bass and have yourself a young an athletic team going into next year.  Let the kid develop so you don't have to look up and see him starring for another team as the Cs have had to do with Billups and others. I like the 2 year possibilities with: Bass Rondo JJJ Moore Wilcox Pietrus Green (I hope) Pierce Cap room for 1 or 2 max players 2 first round draft choices than can be traded for a higher draft choice Ray and/or KG possibly coming back for less money Be patient, Danny.  You're holding good cards for next year.  Make a now move to use these assets IF and ONLY IF you get a star this year that can produce a championship now.  No mediocre players with multiyear deals that hurt our future flexibility.  KEEP JJJ!

Of course, Pietrus and Wilcox are free agents, and Jeff Green is unrestricted also...............but a solid post nonetheless!
    Trade JON!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I would not want to trade JJ, but if the right deal came along, i would have to consider it. Bass is a different story, while he has played better then baby, he does not help us playing teams that are big like the Lakers, and he takes up minutes that Johnson or Wilcox could be getting, so i would trade him, as part of a deal that brings us a Center like Kaman!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Billups was the first one that came to my mind as well.  Everyone that wants to trade JJJ would be sick if he went somewhere and was doing similar things to JLin.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

He's got a ways to go but did some nice things yesterday.  He's good at jumping lanes and stabbing away the pass going inside from the perimeter.  He hustled and got payed back for it from Rondo on the run.  His mid range J needs to be respected. 

Rondo is such a weapon in transition if he's got players that can bolt down there with him.  yesterday was a glimpse.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]  He's got a ways to go but did some nice things yesterday.  He's good at jumping lanes and stabbing away the pass going inside from the perimeter.  He hustled and got payed back for it from Rondo on the run.  His mid range J needs to be respected.   Rondo is such a weapon in transition if he's got players that can bolt down there with him.  yesterday was a glimpse.  
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

I loved the shot he hit over the 8 foot giant the bulls had out there.  I believe he made a quick move and used his left hand to put it in. I would have to see it again but I think he did it left handed.  Either way it was a very impressive move over a giant.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Yea it was a quick lefty jump hook  from close right over the bulls bigs, he put it up very quick the kid has a soft touch. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

JJJ has potential to be a very good player.  I don't think that he will be a franchise player.  He is somebody who can potentially get some All-* invites in his career.  He can really help the Celts this year and also can allow them to include Bass in trades.  Beyond that, I do not see lineups including Bass, JJJ, Jeff Green etc. being competitive in NBA.  There is no substitute for star power and the Celts will need to find new super stars when they rebuild in the future.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Is JaJuan Johnson the "real deal?"": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is JaJuan Johnson the "real deal?" : Of course, Pietrus and Wilcox are free agents, and Jeff Green is unrestricted also...............but a solid post nonetheless! Trade JON!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE] Yes, the C's will have to work to sign the three of them. Wilcox will be inexpensive. Pietrus will be a reasonable price. It's Green that could cost us some money. But, with all that talent, they would be just a starting Center away. We all want a star talent but star talent is difficult to get (Lebron, Wade, Durant, etc) so we better build a hi talent team in the meantime. And......like last time when Danny had enough assets to get Ray and KG, stockpiling talent will make us an attractive trade partner!

Sections
Shortcuts