Is KG Worth 12.4m Next Season?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Is KG Worth 12.4m Next Season?

no, he's not worth a cent over 2 million a year on a team that's "trying to win"

you know that.  kg @ 11M this year was a payroll disaster.  look at all the 5 help we could afford.  then look at how KG broke down after 50-60 games

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Hey Fierce, you are not worth p*ssing on!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

We have discussed this in other threads.  My thoughts are that if KG really wanted a better chance to compete for a championship he would have agreed to sign for a few million.  This would have left the Celtics with enough cap space to sign another 5.  A team of KG and an upgrade over the current big men on this roster could have resulted in the 2nd or 3rd seed this season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Fierce,

If KG can get 17, 17 and 18 rebounds in the last three games with 10+ points .. then absolutely.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Let's be realistic, KG, Sully, Green, Pierce, and Rondo will be a starting 5 that will beat the Heat next season?

KG will be 37 this month and will need a lot of rest during the season if he decides to return for one more year. Another season where KG can't play 82 games or even 70 games?

Fighting for the 8th seed or 7th seed is worth seeing KG again just to make some of the fans here happy?

Lets be realistic ...

IF we had Sullinger and Rondo, this team would absolutely be in the ECF against Miami. We took them to game 7 last year. With a couple more calls our way, with a healty JG and AB, we would have won that series.

Fierce, who would replace KG and make us better contenders against MIA? If Danny did the trades just for change's sake, we would have gotten:

Jordan, Bledsoe (maybe), Brooks, Humpries

for

Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. 

Those are pieces that could be traded to maybe build for the future, but those trades would have sealed out fate as a non-competing team for the next three years.

Paul and Kevin on a team with Rondo, Avery, Green, Sullinger, Bass, Terry, Williams, Crawford ... is a contending team. Lets be realistic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Fierce,

If KG can get 17, 17 and 18 rebounds in the last three games with 10+ points .. then absolutely.

Agreed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Kg does so much for the Celtics, you can't put a price on it. Like Russell and Bird, he makes everyone on the team better. Kg will be very hard to replace, he is a once in a lifetime player!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

One of the 50 best players of all time. His impact is unbelievable even if he JUST shows up to the game. Absofuknglutely!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Kg does so much for the Celtics, you can't put a price on it. Like Russell and Bird, he makes everyone on the team better. Kg will be very hard to replace, he is a once in a lifetime player!!

how much better does KG make anyone when he is over-used to the hilt?  and then there's the other half of the vicious self destruction circle- with him and OLD pierce booking 28 million on our payroll as a couple of has-beens who should not be taking that much money at their age, there is NO CHANCE to build a contender around them.

on a contender, KG and Pierce would be mid 20 minute bench players during the season and you WOULD NOT HAVE an EMO point guard like rondo who destroys the tempo for the FAST YOUNG FOLK on the roster so that NOBODY GETS ANY UP TEMPO EASY BASKETS on the off hand risk that rondo might get fouled in the process and have to shoot free throws.

it's just not a good mixture.  rondo will slow the ball down to a dead stop and then KG and paul will get most all of the touches in half court sets that kg and paul have to work harder-than-they-should because of rondo's self serving floor general-ship.....  haven't we all seen enough of that crap?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

One of the 50 best players of all time. His impact is unbelievable even if he JUST shows up to the game. Absofuknglutely!!!

i think you lost yourself in the distinction of "is he worth having?" (YES!!) and "is he worth having at 12.4 million?"  (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

i think you lost yourself in the distinction of "is he worth having?" (YES!!) and "is he worth having at 12.4 million?"  (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!)

think about it, there are 12.4 above players out there that are not worth a single penny. Every contender team is waiting for Garnet to be available cuz he can take a team from contention to championship

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

think about it, there are 12.4 above players out there that are not worth a single penny. Every contender team is waiting for Garnet to be available cuz he can take a team from contention to championship

well then, i guess we'll play spoiler for them and keep KG so we can barely fartte out a .500 record?  sure he might go to a team to "win one more" but the idea that he and danny were unable to structure both he and PIERCE's presence on this roster to make it conducive to assembling a TRULY contender quality team- i wouldn't hold your breath that KG would sign for tiddlywinks somewhere else. 

if there is any way to get him on board for cheap WITH LOTSA HELP a the 5 and more at the 4 than we had this year, then i'm all for the project.  but 28 million b/t pierce and kg and then round that up to 40M b/t pierce, KG and rondo?  that team is going nowhere

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I think KG will retire and they will let Pierce walk.

Hopefully, Perk gets amnestied and signs here

I'm still on the trade Rondo bus, but I agree Bass and Lee have to go first.

A team of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully and Perk  will be another 7/8 seed

A team of Evans (MLE), Bradley, Green, Illyasova (for Rondo since they lose Jennings and Ellis, and have Sanders) and Perk.....with Terry, Sully, Crawford and a #1 is a 5/6 seed!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

I think KG will retire and they will let Pierce walk.

Hopefully, Perk gets amnestied and signs here

I'm still on the trade Rondo bus, but I agree Bass and Lee have to go first.

A team of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully and Perk  will be another 7/8 seed

A team of Evans (MLE), Bradley, Green, Illyasova (for Rondo since they lose Jennings and Ellis, and have Sanders) and Perk.....with Terry, Sully, Crawford and a #1 is a 5/6 seed!

Are you delusional?  The team as is with KG and Paul at a lesser pay check along with JG, Bass, Sullinger Bradley and RR. Add a BIG!!, cut some slackers, keep TW and JT. Add Randolph, Melo  you got a banner!  That was easy and.....Why Not! JMVHO!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Delusional??????????  That's a bit harsh, don't you think?

Don't know what the initials are at the end, probably something clever, though.

See, Pierce, if we keep him after July 1, is on the books for about 15-16  mill next year.  He cannot come back at a smaller pay check.

THREFORE, "adding a big" would be quite impossible.

In my scenario, which is more likely, they don't re-sign Pierce, and KG retires...............

Next time, before calling someone delusional, perhaps have all your facts in order, ok sunshine?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Sunshine..yes. I have the utmost respect for KG and PP. IMVHO (in my very humble opinion) they shouldn't be going anywhere. They are are mentors ,our backbone, our base!.They are playes, coaches, helpers mentors! Ditch them and you will see how far down the Celticts can go....I don't want to see that!

Delusional..yes you are! Your choices in the Celtic future are in fact Delusional and detrimental to the future of the Celtics!! Harsh , maybe but true. It won't work.

PP,KG,RR forever!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

Sunshine..yes. I have the utmost respect for KG and PP. IMVHO (in my very humble opinion) they shouldn't be going anywhere. They are are mentors ,our backbone, our base!.They are playes, coaches, helpers mentors! Ditch them and you will see how far down the Celticts can go....I don't want to see that!

Delusional..yes you are! Your choices in the Celtic future are in fact Delusional and detrimental to the future of the Celtics!! Harsh , maybe but true. It won't work.

PP,KG,RR forever!!!!!

I love KG and PP, too.  Many people think they will not be with the team next year.  I will root for the team regardless, but the question is - is KG worth 12 mill next year?

NO!  That is my answer.  So, if they are NOT here, what do you, oh great one, think we should do?  That's the point.

We would ALL like them back............but time waits for no one!

Now, try to stay on topic.

You want KG and PP back...........I get that.

IF they are not here................what do you propose?

This should be good!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

YES , KG IS WORTH EVERY PENNY OF HIS SALARY.....THE CELTICS WIN WHEN KG IS ON THE FLOOR, BUT HE NEEDS A COUPLE OF QUALITY BIG MEN BESIDE HIM (AL JEFFERSON, Gortat) 

KG played well this season and he has turned it up in the playoffs , I hope Ange finds a way to bring in top talent while holding on to both KG and Pierce , Pierce will get the $4M buyut and hopefully re-sign for $4M freeing up some funds for another quality player , I think Terry, Bass, Lee, Crawford, Bradley, Williams are assets with value and I hope Ainge can flip them for upgrades and maybe sign Al Jefferson for reasonable money.......seeing this Celtic team battle back from 0-3 has totally salvaged what semed like a lost season

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts