Is Larry Sanders Walking through that Door?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Is Larry Sanders Walking through that Door?

From Chat Sports:

Maybe Boston could package non-guaranteed contracts, like Bogans, with multiple draft picks and an expiring contract like Brandon Bass, Vitor Faverani, or Joel Anthony in order to reach a deal with the Milwaukee Bucks for center Larry Sanders. It'd be a risky move considering Sanders' love for marijuana and his large contract, but it would immediately thrust Boston into the playoff conversation.

Milwaukee might start John Henson at center this year, which once again raises the question of Sanders' status with the team. Not to mention Giannis Antetokounmpo has grown to 6-foot-11, so he could spend even more time at power forward. With three-years, $33 million remaining on Sanders' contract, it doesn't seem to make much sense to give a reserve role to one of the league's best and youngest rim protectors.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Is Larry Sanders Walking through that Door?

Not sure I would give up multiple picks for Larry Sander! Bogans, Bass, and Clips 1st round pick next year ... maybe! 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Rondo for Sanders, that's about as much as we're gonna get for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Wallace, Faverani and the Cavs pick in 2016 for Sanders

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Wallace, Faverani and the Cavs pick in 2016 for Sanders

ONLY way I would trade for Larry Sanders is if Gerald Wallace is included in the deal , I like your deal the best , Sanders would be a nice tag team piece beside Zeller in the middle...

At least it would balance the roster a bit

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flight505. Show flight505's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

From Chat Sports:

Maybe Boston could package non-guaranteed contracts, like Bogans, with multiple draft picks and an expiring contract like Brandon Bass, Vitor Faverani, or Joel Anthony in order to reach a deal with the Milwaukee Bucks for center Larry Sanders. It'd be a risky move considering Sanders' love for marijuana and his large contract, but it would immediately thrust Boston into the playoff conversation.

Milwaukee might start John Henson at center this year, which once again raises the question of Sanders' status with the team. Not to mention Giannis Antetokounmpo has grown to 6-foot-11, so he could spend even more time at power forward. With three-years, $33 million remaining on Sanders' contract, it doesn't seem to make much sense to give a reserve role to one of the league's best and youngest rim protectors.

What makes you think Rondo would re-sign with Milwaukee or sign a long term contract now? The Bucks are also rebuilding and projected to win fewer games than Boston next season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Bass, Bogans and a draft pick for Sanders.

Two expiring contracts for them, and they get rid of a "bad " contract, which  helps us.

I do like Rame's trade, and I would LOVE to get rid of GW, but I can't see it happening....maybe next year!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Bass, Bogans and a draft pick for Sanders.

Two expiring contracts for them, and they get rid of a "bad " contract, which  helps us.

I do like Rame's trade, and I would LOVE to get rid of GW, but I can't see it happening....maybe next year!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

I like it! Sanders is young (25) and talented (avg. 9.8 pts. - 9.5-rebs, - and - 2.8-blks. two seasons ago)! 

He did have a maturity issue or two last season. Worth the risk! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Hahaha, nobody liked Sanders when he was my top choice now the board is embracing him. Next thing you know the Fungus will be onboard!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Heck yeah, any trade involving our Drunk (Faux Hawk) for their Ganja Meister (Sanders) has a certain symmetry to it...I'm in!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:

Hahaha, nobody liked Sanders when he was my top choice now the board is embracing him. Next thing you know the Fungus will be onboard!

Well anyone who claims these two things:

A. The Celtics will never sign elite free agents b/c Boston in the winter is nobody's 1st choice

and 

B. Rim protection is at an all-time premium in the league these days and one of the hardest commodities to come by

Should want the Celtics to add Sanders. I mean, if Wallace, a guy who won't get any playing time with Green and Turner in front of him, is in the deal, the C's basically trade two years of Wallace for 3 years of Sanders, meaning they just add an ugly amount of money in 2016-17. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

How about:

Trade #1 - Wallace, Faverani and the Cavs pick to the Bucks for Sanders

Trade #2 (3 teams)

Knicks - Rondo, Bass, Joel Anthony, Pressey and Bogans

Celtics - Tim Hardaway Jr., Iman Shumpert and Knicks 2017 1st rd pick (top 3 protected) plus Eric Maynor, a VCU teammate and mentor/buddy of the immature Larry Sanders from Philly.

Sixers - Amar'e Stoudamire to avoid a fine for not meeting salary floor

Trade #3

Jose Calderon for Marcus Thornton. Thornton can only be traded on a 1 for 1 deal and is no longer needed with Hardaway Jr. here (and Calderon no longer needed with Rondo there). Knicks get a bit of cap relief and the Celtics get a pure veteran PG with deadly 3 point  shooting and one of the best FT shooters and a career 8.5 assist per 36 min guy whose biggest weakness (defense) can be hidden by Bradley and Smart being elite at that skill. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

I've also been in favor of a swap of Rondo for Bledsoe which makes perfect sense for both teams.

I could also live with this proposal to trade RR to the Thunder for Ibaka, Jones, Perk & 2017 1st rd pick top 14 protected.

http://thedailydribbleblog.wordpress.com/2014/08/31/potential-landing-spots-for-rajon-rondo/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

C - Zeller and Sanders

PF - Sully and Olynyk

SF - Green and Turner

SG - Bradley and Hardaway Jr.

PG - Calderon and Smart

Other 5 on the 15 man: Maynor, Shumpert, Young, Colton Iverson and ________. 

Really trims out the excess and provides a lottery bound team that is free of the Rondo distraction, will be fun to watch on both ends of the floor and is has tons of future draft picks and cap flexibility with only Sanders and a bunch of rookie contracts on the book past 2016. 

I could see Green and Shumpert having value to contenders at the deadline. 

Tim Hardaway Jr. could easily be a 14-17ppg SG in 26-30 minutes with very hard to obtain 50/40/85 shooting #'s.  Which I think is what many people project Young to be one day. He plays in the D-league since he just turned 19, so if he looks like a future stud the C's have the luxury of picking one of these two and trading the other with shooting and the SG position being huge needs all over the league. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:

I've also been in favor of a swap of Rondo for Bledsoe which makes perfect sense for both teams.

I could also live with this proposal to trade RR to the Thunder for Ibaka, Jones, Perk & 2017 1st rd pick top 14 protected.

http://thedailydribbleblog.wordpress.com/2014/08/31/potential-landing-spots-for-rajon-rondo/" rel="nofollow">http://thedailydribbleblog.wordpress.com/2014/08/31/potential-landing-spots-for-rajon-rondo/

Interesting trade proposals.

I mentioned the Bledsoe swap a few times. I would do it at this point.

I would not do the Knicks trade unless it is Hardaway Jr. instead of Shump

I see no way the Thunder trade Ibaka. Also Rondo and Perk are close friends so maybe RR lights a fire under him? Id anything the Thunder would probably want them on the same team.

Ibaka, Mitch McGary and Reggie Jackson for Rondo, Bass, Pressey and the Clippers 1st might be possible. Huge shakeup for OKC though. 

C - Adams, Perk

PF - Collison, Bass

SF - Durant, Lamb/PJIII

SG - Westbrook, Morrow

PG - Rondo, Telfair/Pressey ( but mostly Westbrook backing him up)

I could see that team winning a title. SG truly is Westbrook's natural position. But would RR be able to get both guys the 35 shots a game combined they will desire if he has the ball in his hands to start every play?

Doesn't seem like there would be much room for Ibaka, Sully and Olynyk to all play the mins they deserve here, although Serge and Kelly can both play center and with all under team control for at least 3 more years and two of them being 22-23 year olds there is no need to solve the issue until next summer. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Larry Sanders a Celtic yet?

Ainge is not crazy and desperate.

I don't believe Ainge will trade for Larry Sanders.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Ibaka for Rondo?

HAHAHA

That's the most ridiculous trade proposal for August.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Okc wouldn't even think of giving up ibaka.  Hey, while we're talking ridiculous proposals, why not send wallace to okc too?

I'm thinking rondo and wallace to any team who has two players to match salary.  They get rondo, they take wallace's nasty contract.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Okc wouldn't even think of giving up ibaka.  Hey, while we're talking ridiculous proposals, why not send wallace to okc too?

I'm thinking rondo and wallace to any team who has two players to match salary.  They get rondo, they take wallace's nasty contract.

HAHAHA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I specifically said 'I see no way the Thunder trade Ibaka' it was some website blogger's idea.

But this forum is for commenting on such things, so if the two team did decide to make such a trade I simply gave my two cents on what that might do to both rosters.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Besides traditional center Adams, OKC can play Ibaka and Collison at center, so what they really should be looking for is a team who will take Perk's expiring contract and Reggie Jackson for a veteran playoff proven PG who can let Westbrook move to SG and a rugged SF for when they play small ball and Durant moves to the 4 and Ibaka to the 5. Perk is only useful vs. Dwight Howard. 

Morrow is super helpful in that his shooting is in the top handful of guys in the league. Perfect for that offense. They should have just kept Kevin Martin but they are a cheapskate organization. Reggie Jackson is a RFA and I doubt they match the 4/32 Avery Bradley type deal he is going to be offered. 

If they could get some combo like Randy Foye and Wilson Chandler or Corey Brewer and Barea for Perk, Lamb and a pick I'd see them improving their title chances.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The time to have traded Rondo to the Thunder would have been the 2009 draft. 

Rondo and Perk, best pals and NBA champions who fit in with the age of OKC's nucleus Durant, Westbrook and Green, plus Kobe stopper Tony Allen for the #3 pick (Harden was Danny's infatuation, Curry was also there), Ibaka and Krstic.

Rondo was about to get his 5/55 extension off his terrific triple dub playoffs. There was a lot of concern on OKC about whether Westbrook was good for Durant since KD obv needed more shots but Westbrook had the ball in his hands. There was the looming Green/Ibaka competition. KG was hurt and coming back at age 33 and many felt he would be switched to center b/c he'd no longer be quick enough to defend athletic PF's. The Thunder almost traded the #3 pick straight up for Perk b/c they knew they needed to go through Bynum and Gasol in the next few years. 

With KG and Krstic at center and a philosophy of going more athletic the C's would not have needed Sheed and could have gotten Trevor Ariza for the full MLE. The bi-annual could have gone to Grant Hill instead of 'Marquis Daniels, still good as a point forward to play alongside House. The new PG could have been Baron Davis, who the Clippers saw as expensive and not part of their rebuild. A sign and trade of Baby, Scal's expiring and Bill Walker could probably have brought in Davis, a VERY close friend of KG and PP who would have been motivated to get in great shape, was still a 14 point, 7 assist guy in bad shape on losing teams in 2010 and 2011 and could have been amnestied after the 2011 lockout which is when Boston should have begun the retool after hopefully two straight titles. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

The time to have traded Rondo to the Thunder would have been the 2009 draft. 

Rondo and Perk, best pals and NBA champions who fit in with the age of OKC's nucleus Durant, Westbrook and Green, plus Kobe stopper Tony Allen for the #3 pick (Harden was Danny's infatuation, Curry was also there), Ibaka and Krstic.

Rondo was about to get his 5/55 extension off his terrific triple dub playoffs. There was a lot of concern on OKC about whether Westbrook was good for Durant since KD obv needed more shots but Westbrook had the ball in his hands. There was the looming Green/Ibaka competition. KG was hurt and coming back at age 33 and many felt he would be switched to center b/c he'd no longer be quick enough to defend athletic PF's. The Thunder almost traded the #3 pick straight up for Perk b/c they knew they needed to go through Bynum and Gasol in the next few years. 

With KG and Krstic at center and a philosophy of going more athletic the C's would not have needed Sheed and could have gotten Trevor Ariza for the full MLE. The bi-annual could have gone to Grant Hill instead of 'Marquis Daniels, still good as a point forward to play alongside House. The new PG could have been Baron Davis, who the Clippers saw as expensive and not part of their rebuild. A sign and trade of Baby, Scal's expiring and Bill Walker could probably have brought in Davis, a VERY close friend of KG and PP who would have been motivated to get in great shape, was still a 14 point, 7 assist guy in bad shape on losing teams in 2010 and 2011 and could have been amnestied after the 2011 lockout which is when Boston should have begun the retool after hopefully two straight titles. 

I have to agree with this...time to trade Rondo for highest and best value was when the move with Perk was made!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

Ibaka for Rondo?

HAHAHA

That's the most ridiculous trade proposal for August.

I'm pretty sure the thunder have a point guard.

Sections
Shortcuts