Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown?

At this point Gasol knows he will not be in LA after the trade deadline. Hopefully, a package that includes Rondo will be the best offer the lakers can get for him

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Everything really depends on the lakers... I could see them getting Howard for Bynum at the deadline. Then using gasol to either get rondo or Williams. If it comes down to that, I think they will take Williams.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown?":
    In Response to Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown? : for fun, let's pretend this trade happens... what does that mean for the celtics? now, and going forward? Posted by ricky12684
    I think it would be a good team with Blake running the point. My only concern is that is a very slow unathletic team. I would still try to move ray to get another athletic player that can get his own shot. Ideally someone like monta Ellis.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In Response to Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown? : Howard already said if he gets traded to the Lakers he will not sign an extension and will opt out and become a free-agent at the end of the season. Posted by Fiercest34
    Howard's words mean very little. Reading his comments about what he wants to do and what he wants from Orlando, I come away thinking this guy is a big naive, immature kid with no clue about what it will take to eventually be a winner. If he gets traded to la. They will convince him to sign.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

if getting pau doesn't mean getting a ring THIS season, then the idea of getting gasol at all is idiotic. this team is about to be gutted after the season, who the h3ll wants a 32 year old making $19 mill when you're trying to rebuild? sure, let's trade rondo for kg2.0. ugh! Posted by ricky12684
    Nothing is guaranteed even if the C's got gasol and then somehow added somebody like deron Williams too. By getting gasol, this team would have a better chance than they do now. to me, getting gasol or somebody like him has to be move #1. The second move has to be getting an athletic scorer that can handle the ball. Not necessarily a true pg although that would be nice

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown?:
    Celtics get: Gasol Blake Lakers get: Rondo JO Bass http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7h6bb9v A trade like this allows us to keep Ray Allen, the greatest shooter ever, baby!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Not gonna happen. The Celtics and Lakers simply don't make mid-season deals with each other.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In Response to Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown? : What I don't understand about these Gasol haters is they think Gasol is old. How is 31 years old old? Gasol's contract also expires in 2014. We will just have him for a maximum of 2 seasons if things don't work out. And we will not trade any of our current draft picks for Gasol. Wingnuts were in love with David West and David West is the same age as Pau Gasol. Ugh! Posted by Fiercest34
    Good point about the contract. The other thing is gasol does not rely on athleticism as much to be effective. Athleticism is the 1st thing to go when players age. Gasol game is all about skill. He is more like Duncan than he is Garnett. He can be very effective well past 35

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In Response to Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown? : move #1 has to be establishing a young core of players going forward, not sacrificing your future for a slim chance to win this season. wouldn't you rather trade pierce to orlando for turkoglu, reddick and an unprotected 1st round pick in 2013? without DH orlando's pick will sure to be in the lottery. Posted by ricky12684
    All depends on your perspective. Danny is going to have to decide whether to do as you suggest and move the Big 3 for future picks. The problem with that in my opinion is getting draft picks and building a championship team is far from a sure thing. Even if you get a top pick you have to be lucky and get a player who will be a game changer and not end up with the next Greg oden or kwame brown. The phoenix suns are in a similar position as the celtics. They did research and believe that if they blow up the team this year it will take at least 8 years to be competive again. I am for upgrading this years team because as it stands now they are a playoff team. If they get a game changer, like gasol, the chances of going farther in the playoffs are increased. Additionally, gasol could extend Garnett's career by taking some of the load off of him

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts