Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown?

In response to "Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown? : I agree, Gasol is more Duncan than KG. Duncan's not "The Big Fundamental" for nothing.  KG is a SF in a PF's body. He relies on quickness and speed to outplay the bigger PFs. Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] I have always been a KG fan, and I used to wonder why most people would rank Duncan above KG as a PF. Now, I see why. Duncan has always been a traditional big man. KG is something else that is a lot harder to define. It was amazing to watch him in his prime basically guard every position on the floor, but he can't do that anymore. Overall for his career, I think he is every bit the talent Duncan has been, but he is not the low post threat Duncan is or was

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Does an emotional breakdown mean that he has a double-double in every game this month? If that's what it means, then he is having an emotional breakdown. 8 games this month, 8 double-doubles...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown? : interesting, considering the suns haven't been competitive in quit some time. i don't see any similarties b/w boston and phoenix. boston has 3 high priced players over 33 years old. phoenix has nash, and hill who isn't very pricey. did the suns also research how many years it would take to be "competitive again" if they don't "blow up" their current, 12-19, non playoff team? Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE] http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2012/02/15/20120215phoenix-suns-owner-robert-sarver-plan-competitive-level.html#ixzz1mZShHmoj The suns have not been in finals, but they have done very well as playoff team throughout the Nash era. As C's fans, we take making the playoffs for granted. Being competive means being a perennial playoff contender.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Blame Shannon Brown!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

rondo for gasol won't win us a title this year. so you have to consider if it's a smart move for the next 2 years. is gasol the kind of player that will help us attract a REAL game changer? is he the bait fish we need? any more than rondo is?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Again ... can anyone recall the last time the Celtics and Lakers made a mid-season trade?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown? : There's always a first time for everything. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    I can name several things that have never happened and never will.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown? : If what you are saying is true then Rondo lovers need not worry.
    Never have understood why you say "Rondo lovers" like it's a bad thing. He is one of our players, after all.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown? : Some of the fans here love Rondo too much. If they hear the song "I will always love you" they think of Rondo and not Whitney Houston. Rondo's game has more negatives than positives. The worst is he disappears in 4th qtr. of games, he's anti-clutch.
    All of which is well documented, especially by you. I haven't come across anyone on this board who doesn't recognize Rondo's flaws, though it's absurd to suggest they outweigh his positives.

As for that song, no radio station I'd be caught dead listening to would play it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

rondo is not perfect by an stretch. he certainly has his flaws. but he's still probably our best player at this point in time. so if you're going to rebuild around an existing player, he's the guy you rebuild around. and obviously he's much younger than gasol. if you don't think he's a guy you rebuild around, you can still stand pat for the off-season and add FAs.

in the end, i think rondo for gasol is a wash. it helps us down low, but we lose our best PG and ball handler. leaving the ball in PP's hands too long is a turnover waiting to happen. he'll get his pocket picked by younger, faster 2s and 3s. rondo or gasol, we're not going to the finals this year.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

If THEY want the trade, they have to sweeten the pot - we'd have to throw in JON to make the deal work, so we would REQUIRE Goudelock AND a 1st round pick, since it's their idea, and we are trading two starters!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown? : He said it yourself, on defense Rondo gambles too often. On offense he's not a threat outside of 15 feet and when you foul him he's a bad FT shooter for a PG. We also can't play 2-man basketball with him because his defender would go under the screen every time. And he disappears in the 4th qtr. So what's Rondo's positives, spectacular passes? 
    We've gone over this, but ...

Good scorer, excellent passer, excellent court vision, above average court savvy, solid defender, excellent ball-handler. In short, easily the best all-around player on the roster.

The only weakness is his shooting, especially from the free throw line. I don't see his gambling on defense as a weakness as much as I do a mentality. Most quicker guys who get a lot of steals gamble.

You can call me "Rondo lover" if you want. But I'm also a "Pierce lover," and "Allen lover," etc.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Again, I must point out ... there is NO WAY the Celtics and Lakers are going to make a mid-season trade with each other. This started with some dot-com many of us had never heard of blowing a Mitch Kupchak comment way out of proportion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Celtics get: Gasol Blake Lakers get: Rondo JO Bass http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7h6bb9v A trade like this allows us to keep Ray Allen, the greatest shooter ever, baby!
    You get rid of Bass this team gets wittled down too much. Gasol for Rondo even up.  This is what you originally proposed.  We will not be much better at all with this trade you propose.  Without Bass we have a much worse offense right now.  You have seen this the last few games.  With Gasol and Rondo gone without Bass this team will struggle more than ever.  This trade is not going to happen if your theory is we have to give more for Gasol.  Rondo has to be given equal value which until today I believed.  Now with you addition of Bass this trade won't happen,  I do think Ray is expendable, but in the Gasol package you suggest we would get nothing else of value in return.  Danny needs to find another trade.

25. This post has been removed.