Is Ray Allen sick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Re: Is Ray Allen sick?

In Response to Re: Is Ray Allen sick?:
    You want to built around a undersized SG who is a ball hog and doesnt play defense?
    Posted by Gasthoerer

It's not a good idea to build around Monta Ellis, but he's an upgrade over Ray Allen. 

Ellis is a big time scorer who will put pressure on opposing defenses because of his ability to score in a variety of ways.

On defense Monta Ellis is a ball hawk, he's averaging 1.4 steals per game this season. He's not the rugged type defender, he's more like Rondo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Ellis might be better than Ray but our bigs would get murderer by driving PGs AND SGs and additionally bigger SG will shoot over Ellis or post him up. GREAT! With Ellis for Ray we are contenders? NO! Any Rays contract is expiring after this year. Ellis is nice to watch but will lead us nowhere.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Ellis might be better than Ray but our bigs would get murderer by driving PGs AND SGs and additionally bigger SG will shoot over Ellis or post him up. GREAT! With Ellis for Ray we are contenders? NO! Any Rays contract is expiring after this year. Ellis is nice to watch but will lead us nowhere.
    Posted by Gasthoerer

If Ray's contract just expires then we get nothing. Ellis is 10 years younger than Ray and he has a reasonable contract. It's a good deal for the Celtics if the Warriors would agree to it.

We already saw how Wade murdered Ray last year in the playoffs. We have a better chance against Wade with Ellis than Ray IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Wade almost murders almost everyone, that is not a good argument. If Ellis would be a winner than GS would be a winning team. But I think we have to agree to disagree about Rays value to the team. The only reason for me to swap Ray for Ellis would be that Ellis can be traded into sth. after next year (enough stat hunter GMs out there).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Is Ray Allen sick? : How about adding to the discussion rather than making comments like that... I wanted to add it to my previous comment but did it that way... if that bothers you then move on
    Posted by CASox

Look it was just poking a little fun, nothing to ge upset about. Quit taking things so seriously.  I do move on, each day.  I what i post bothers you , you move on, or you can use the ignore button.  Doesn't matter to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Posted by Gasthoerer

I think we already get killed by other teams PG's and SG's driving to to rim.  Don't think it could get much worse.  Well maybe it can. I just like the idea of having someone that could drop 30 on you real quick.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Dwayne Wade Career Playoff Averages
    YearTeamG MPGFG%3P%FT%OFFDEFRPGAPGSPGBPGTO PPG
    03-04MIA13 39.20.4550.3750.7871.22.84.05.61.30.34.15 18.0
    04-05MIA14 40.90.4840.1000.7991.64.15.76.61.61.14.43 27.4
    05-06MIA23 41.70.4970.3780.8081.24.75.95.72.21.13.91 28.4
    06-07MIA4 40.50.4290.0000.6881.83.04.86.21.20.55.75 23.5
    08-09MIA7 40.70.4390.3600.8620.64.45.05.30.91.63.57 29.1
    09-10MIA5 42.00.5640.4050.6751.24.45.66.81.61.65.20 33.2
    10-11MIA21 39.40.4850.2690.7772.05.17.14.41.61.33.05 24.5
    Career--87 40.50.4830.3270.7891.54.35.75.61.61.13.95 25.9

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

From Wikipedia:2006 NBA Finals

In his first trip to the NBA Finals, in which Miami faced off against the Dallas Mavericks, Wade had some especially memorable moments. His performance in games three, four, and five, in which he scored 42, 36, and 43 points,[25][26] respectively, helped bring the Heat back from a 0–2 deficit to lead the series at 3 games to 2. In Game 3 Wade tied his career playoff high with 42 points and grabbed a career high 13 rebounds.[27] 15 of his 42 points came in the fourth quarter, in which the Heat erased a 13 point deficit over the final 6:29 with a 22–7 run which included a go-ahead jumper by NBA veteran Gary Payton that sealed the win.[28] The Heat went on to win Game 6 behind Wade's 36 points, taking the series 4–2, and Wade was presented with the Finals MVP trophy.[29] He became the fifth youngest player in NBA history to capture NBA Finals MVP honors and recorded the third highest scoring average by a player in his first NBA Finals with 34.7 points per game.[13][30] His 33.8 PER in the NBA finals was ranked by ESPN's John Hollinger as the greatest Finals performance since the NBA-ABA merger.[31]

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

You are right! Maybe I'm desperate, we should ask the Heat to switch Wade for Allen (or Pietrus) cause the latter don't command the ball.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1031140-feeling-the-heat-why-the-miami-heat-would-be-better-off-without-dwayne-wade

Dwayne Wade has been out for the past four games, and the Heat have won every game. Chris Bosh and LeBron James are scoring five to six more points each, and the team is shooting at a higher percentage without Wade.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In Response to Re: Is Ray Allen sick? : For the record, do you truly believe the Heat are a better team without Dwyane Wade?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Are you crazy? Hell no! (And I really really dislike Wade). Just wanted to point out that a statistic based on a few games (like the we are better without Rondo, Ray,...statistic) is seriously flawed.

I even like Pietrus. He is a nice pick up (one of Dannys best moves), but he is even more one dimensional than Allen on offense and not more than a good role player on a good team. We should keep him, play him 25-30 minutes and use him against strong 2s and small 3s as defender to rest Allen. But without Allen we have no shoting power when Pierce and KG are not dropping /> 45 combined.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I thought Bosh was out not Wade.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Is Ray Allen sick? : You're not being honest.  Ray is a one-dimensional player right now.  Pietrus plays offense and defense, he's not one-dimensional. Ray is only a great shooter. He doesn't post up, he's not a good ball handler, and he's a defensive liability. Come on, Ray averaging 14.8 ppg is not exactly what you would consider a scorer.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Your description of Ray and Pietrus is right on the money.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Is Ray Allen sick? : If we can Monta for Ray and Kaman for JO and ???, then we become an elite team. The Hornets said they want a 1st rounder for Kaman. I think if Ainge decides to keep Rondo and go all in for the playoffs, then Kaman is the next best thing to Pau Gasol.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I live in SF and go to GS games. I'd love to have Monta Ellis---he can toss up 30 as well as anybody in one night--- in Green but with GS going no where why would they want Ray Allen ? Clippers yes as he'd be dynamite with Paul & Griffin but can we get Jordan if we tossed in others. Yup, I agree too to get Kaman if we can do it with a draft pick. Then we are back to how do we get Monta Ellis. Of Course we'll toss in gladly JO to either GS or the Clippers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

And Pietrus, filling in for Ray Allen (sick), was among the standouts propelling the C's above-.500. He had 11 points and five rebounds, but even more impressive was his defense. Along with limiting the scoring of whoever he had to guard, his ability to force turnovers when the C's went with their full court trapping press was impressive. New Jersey turned the ball over 11 times in the first half for 14 points for Boston, many of which were created by Pietrus' defense. http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/post/Pietrus-has-a-big-defensive-night-to-hel?blockID=662394&feedID=10424
    Posted by Fiercest34

To Clips - Ray Allen
    To GSW -  Mo Williams, Ryan Gomes and JON
    To Bos - Monta Ellis and Biedrins

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notkyceltic. Show notkyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Is Ray Allen sick? : You're not being honest.  Ray is a one-dimensional player right now.  Pietrus plays offense and defense, he's not one-dimensional. Ray is only a great shooter. He doesn't post up, he's not a good ball handler, and he's a defensive liability. Come on, Ray averaging 14.8 ppg is not exactly what you would consider a scorer.
    Posted by Fiercest34

First: How is this any different than Paul Pierce.  Pierce also plays terrible defense, is 2nd in leading the team in turnovers (almost tied with Rondo, atleast Rondo has the excuse of having the ball most of the time), (who is a terrible ball handler again?) and for his size is a terrible rebounder, and doesn't even run the floor like Ray. Furthermore, Pierce gets beat on defense all the time and blows his assignments and gives up on plays all the time--LAZY? I say yes! - on defense---google it, it's a fact.

But we don't hear you getting on Pierce's case do we?!   

Second: I don't agree with your statment at all:   Ray might not be the best defender in the world, but he plays great team defense, better than Pietrus because he has been with the team longer.  Offense wise, he is light years ahead of Peitrus, obvioulsy a better shooter, a better passer, commands double teams, can spread the floor and is a smarter player overall on offense.   

Furthermore: Peitrus is not that much better, if better at all, than Ray on defense.  The only reason why it appears that way is Peitrus is playing limited minutes and is putting all his energy into his defense.  If he becomes a regular starter, you will see his defense go back to normal mediocrity---if anyone questions this: go and watch some of the footage when Ray contunuelly destroyed Peitrus when the Celts went against the Magics. 

Ray is averaging around 15ppg because he is the SECOND-TO-THIRD OPTION!  Your boy Pierce is the #1 option and needs the ball in his hands to score.   And for a number #1 option, Pierce is not cutting it and you know it.  

In conclusion: you have no credibility at all when describing Ray Allen because you are a known Ray Allen hater from year 1, therefore your statement, or statements in general, in regards to Ray Allen, are totally biase and should be ignored.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In Response to Re: Is Ray Allen sick? : You're not being honest.  Ray is a one-dimensional player right now.  Pietrus plays offense and defense, he's not one-dimensional. Ray is only a great shooter. Posted by Fiercest34

I said: Pietrus is a one dimensional OFFENSIVE player, cause he has no midrange game at all. His shooting besides set-shot 3s is really a disaster (including poor FT %). With a team already struggling offensively you want to get rid of Allen and replace him with a set-shot 3 point shooter?

And I have to admit kyceltic here: This year it was mostly Pierce's and Rondo's man who killed the Cs with drives to the hoop. There was even a report on this site about that with a quote from Doc Rivers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Toss a ball on the floor.

Who'll get it?

That's the name of the game fella's.

Ray is a luxury item we can no longer afford. We need the ball.

Sections
Shortcuts