Is Ray Allen sick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Is Ray Allen sick?

In Response to Re: Is Ray Allen sick?:
    [QUOTE]Toss a ball on the floor. Who'll get it? That's the name of the game fella's. Ray is a luxury item we can no longer afford. We need the ball.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost[/QUOTE]

Can't agree with you there.  Ray contributes significantly.  His on ball defense is terrible.  His rebounding is underrated.  His Turnovers are ugly but he only averages 1.8 per game - way below Paul.  Ray spreads the floor and when they don't run that stupid "Ran runs from side to side of 6 picks" play too often, the offense is open for more drives when Ray is on the floor. 

Look, I see Ray's weaknesses on D and I think his minutes should be 25 to 30 and Pietrus should play more.  But, we need Ray's offense because if we can't run, our half court offense sucks when Paul olds the ball too long.  Ray spreads the floor for Paul to have more operating room.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Ray would be a perfect sixth man....or - a perfect running mate for Chris Paul.  That would be a scary team in the playoffs.  I don't think the Clips have what we need, though.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]Ray would be a perfect sixth man....or - a perfect running mate for Chris Paul.  That would be a scary team in the playoffs.  I don't think the Clips have what we need, though.
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Ya they do...Jordan and Mo Williams and we toss in JO(HA!) and someone else & a draft pick too if needed.  I'm not in love with Jordan as our end all Center...he'd be like Perkins to us, a good defender(shot blocker) and a good rebounder but he's not a prolific scorer but will do until we can maybe draft a high scoring center. Mo Williams would make up a bit of the loss of offense from Ray Allen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Ray Allen sick? : Ya they do...Jordan and Mo Williams and we toss in JO(HA!) and someone else & a draft pick too if needed.  I'm not in love with Jordan as our end all Center...he'd be like Perkins to us, a good defender(shot blocker) and a good rebounder but he's not a prolific scorer but will do until we can maybe draft a high scoring center. Mo Williams would make up a bit of the loss of offense from Ray Allen.
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Well, I meant they will probably not trade us Jordan.  And with Rondo, we don't need Williams.  I agree, 100%, that if we get rid of Rondo in a separate trade, we should get Mo Williams, but not if we have Rondo!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]And Pietrus, filling in for Ray Allen (sick), was among the standouts propelling the C's above-.500. He had 11 points and five rebounds, but even more impressive was his defense. Along with limiting the scoring of whoever he had to guard, his ability to force turnovers when the C's went with their full court trapping press was impressive. New Jersey turned the ball over 11 times in the first half for 14 points for Boston, many of which were created by Pietrus' defense. http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/post/Pietrus-has-a-big-defensive-night-to-hel?blockID=662394&feedID=10424
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

There you go again, taking one example and trying to make it the standard.   How about the Knicks game today?   Pietrus almost shot us out of the game!  Tell me about all of his great play today!

Sections
Shortcuts