Is Riley tampering with Rivers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Is Riley tampering with Rivers?

I'm not up on all the tampering rules but if Riley is saying he wants Rivers as his next head coach, isn't that considered tampering?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Is Riley tampering with Rivers?

In Response to Is Riley tampering with Rivers?:
    I'm not up on all the tampering rules but if Riley is saying he wants Rivers as his next head coach, isn't that considered tampering?
    Posted by BiasLewis
     I don't know that you can tamper a coach,heck it doesn't make any difference he could just do like the Little three did and conspire on the backside. Doc will either coach here or wherever until he tires of it. Riley would do anything to get a HC that can relate to his players,so if it is tampering and he loses a draft choice so be it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Where'd you get this info? I doubt he said that, because it would mean he doesn't have any confidence in coach Spo.

If Spo heard this, it wouldn't be very productive to the coaching staff or the team.

I think it's all a bunch of hearsay and rumors, I wouldn't believe any of it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

Suuuuuuure he said that lmao! Not!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

pat riley has long been outspoken in his disdain for the celtics way. i can respect what the guy's accomplished in his long and successful career, but i hope doc rivers never coaches a riley team. if the heat should stumble enough under spoelstra - as they did under van gundy - riley may decide to coach the team himself. wouldn't that be slick?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan4ever. Show celtsfan4ever's posts

In Response to Re: Is Riley tampering with Rivers?:
    In Response to Is Riley tampering with Rivers? : Suuuuuuure he said that lmao! Not!
    Posted by RUMcHale

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan4ever. Show celtsfan4ever's posts

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69486/20101009/riley_likes_rivers_as_potential_replacement_for_spoelstra/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

He can have him, He is a terrible coach. Probably the most overrated coach in the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Is Riley tampering with Rivers?:

LOL

All that was, was just some random, envious sportswriter making a statement!

If that's the case, I could make my own sports blog and say Kevin Durant wants to join the Celtics...

If you notice, it wasn't backed by any information, just a couple of sentences to make a paragraph, no sources.

I guess some people are naive enough to believe ANYTHING.

Undecided

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

If you read the entire article (not just the 2 blurbs at realgm) it basically says if Doc left the Celtics this summer and took a year off, he could come back the following season and land just about any job he wanted, including a chance at the Heat.  And it's rumored Riley would welcome Doc to Miami.

Nothing to the story; there's a big IF which didn't happen this summer, and a RUMOR, LOL. But the writers continue to print this crap since it made a least a few people jump.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"He can have him, He is a terrible coach. Probably the most overrated coach in the league."

Ha yeah sure, keep telling yourself that. Fortunately Danny Ainge has a bit more perspective on this than you do, otherwise we're probably be wondering how ML Carr got his job back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

im guessing it was more along the line of a mutual admiration story...rivers played for riles...rivers makes it as a coach and riles is proud of him...not much more...SPO has more than enough basketball knowledge, and the full attention of the big 3 to get things done

Sections
Shortcuts