Is Rondo A Franchise Player?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

Re: Is Rondo A Franchise Player?

In Response to Re: Is Rondo A Franchise Player?:
    You must have forgotten the D he played in the Olympics ... that's when I realized how good a defender he could be if he had to. And he does it when it's needed most, so put me on the " deserving that title" list ... I'm a believer!
    Posted by Mployee8

That's ridiculous! What Kobe did in the Olympics has nothing to do with the NBA!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

The big problem with Rondo, besides him being a malcontent, is that there isn't going to be a big 3 around him. There's 2 star players out there in free agency, and one of them is a PG. You don't win anything with Rondo and Howard as a big 2...it just doesn't work. Rondo needs to have the weapons to work with, or to play off of to score. However, Rondo could be traded for a player of his caliber with an even swap, then you can move pierce for a piece that is not quite as good, but younger, then make your move for D-will AND Howard, and you've got yourself a basketball team ladies and gents. Obviously this is pie in the sky dreaming, but it is a possibility. Rondo leading a winning team as the man...less likely.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Another Rondo post by the guy who never sleeps(or works, apparently). Shocking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Another Rondo post by the guy who never sleeps(or works, apparently). Shocking.
    Posted by jrleftfoot

Psstt.....Fierce is Danny Ainge! Don't tell anybody...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I'm becoming worried about Rondo's tradeability. Apart from the holes in his game, I can't imagine teams being enthusiastic about his personality.
    If DA really wants to move him he may be forced to accept a subpar deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I'm becoming worried about Rondo's tradeability. Apart from the holes in his game, I can't imagine teams being enthusiastic about his personality. If DA really wants to move him he may be forced to accept a subpar deal.
    Posted by basketbert

You begin to wonder if teams might not require a 90 day guarantee (returns allowed) to even begin to consider taking R9R on.

Considering how he fell apart after the Perk trade, what would he do if traded himself?

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

You must have forgotten the D he played in the Olympics ... that's when I realized how good a defender he could be if he had to. And he does it when it's needed most, so put me on the " deserving that title" list ... I'm a believer!
    Posted by Mployee8

Yeah, i have to agree!  Kobe has only made 1st team all defensive team 9 times, i think it's a little more them hype!!  Jordan, KG, Gary Payton and Kobe, only players ever to be selected 1st team 9 times, add Russell to that bunch and you could probably win a few rings!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gamble_34. Show Gamble_34's posts

Yes Rondo is. You cannot teach speed and court vision and he plays really well in the playoffs.  The shot is coming around he just needs to take it more often but it isn't his role on this team.  He is the best ball distributor in the NBA.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Yes Rondo is. You cannot teach speed and court vision and he plays really well in the playoffs.  The shot is coming around he just needs to take it more often but it isn't his role on this team.  He is the best ball distributor in the NBA.  
    Posted by Gamble_34

Nope it's not R9R's role to hit the wide open jumper in the paint with seconds left. That's an NBA PGs dream... and Rajon Pierre Rondo turns it down.

Instead, he flips it to KG as I recall for a 16 footer who misses but gets his own rebound and makes a pair of FTs to win the game.

The best distributor... maybe. The worst shooter... for sure. Combine the two and you have a one trick pony.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Is Rondo A Franchise Player?:
    Is Rondo someone you build your franchise around? * Don't forget the vote is about trading Rondo or not.
    Posted by Fiercest34

He "dropped" zero - 0 - nada - nothing - a goose egg (he missed every shot he took) on Cleveland last night while the rookie of the year who will be an all-star for years to come completely outplayed him making 8 of 14 from the floor, all 5 of his foul shots, all 3 of his 3s and having 24 points.... if Rondo is someone that people think a team should be built around it must be a team whose strategy is to make it to the lottery each year.  How can this even be a question in anyone's mind?  Build around Rondo?  LMFAOROTFL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rondo A Franchise Player? : The previous 8 times he made 1st team all-defensive, yes! But not last year, no way!
    Posted by Fiercest34

You could be right about last year, as far as 1st team goes, but he was, and is still, a very good defensive player!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rondo A Franchise Player? : Nope it's not R9R's role to hit the wide open jumper in the paint with seconds left. That's an NBA PGs dream... and Rajon Pierre Rondo turns it down. Instead, he flips it to KG as I recall for a 16 footer who misses but gets his own rebound and makes a pair of FTs to win the game. The best distributor... maybe. The worst shooter... for sure. Combine the two and you have a one trick pony. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

If you have 30 kids in a class and they each take 7 classes and you have 10 that get As and Bs in every class and you have one kid that gets 3 As 2 Bs and 2 Fs is he one of your best students?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

LMFAOROTFL

i'm having a hard time picturing that, dudder.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Note the bosoms just beginning to blossom with our gurl, Fierce, as she plays with her favorite pony!

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerDynasty. Show LakerDynasty's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Note the bosoms just beginning to blossom with our gurl, Fierce, as she plays with her favorite pony!

Pud

I thought that guy liked Rondo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to LakerDynasty's comment:

Pud

First she luved R9R.... then she hated R9R... now she luvs him again.

Our gurl fierce is awfully fickle.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerDynasty. Show LakerDynasty's posts

In response to LakerDynasty's comment:

Pud

First she luved R9R.... then she hated R9R... now she luvs him again.

Our gurl fierce is awfully fickle.

Pud

In one year he has gone from a Rondo basher to a Rondo sniffer.  I guess that means he is going to be right one way or another.  All those bases covered as usual.  Calling him a brick layer is a classic.  Everyone forgets that this beating a dead horse thing was Fierce starting rapid fire threads about how bad Rondo was.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Worry about your own "dynasty".........what a joke!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerDynasty. Show LakerDynasty's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Worry about your own "dynasty".........what a joke!!

WHY IS THAT?   WE HAVE THE SECOND BEST DYNASTY OF ALL TIME NEXT TO YOUR TEAM.  NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED ABOUT.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

because using the word "dynasty" for either of our teams now is a joke...........unless one of your fans is Linda Evans

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerDynasty. Show LakerDynasty's posts

because using the word "dynasty" for either of our teams now is a joke...........unless one of your fans is Linda Evans

and i am

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerDynasty. Show LakerDynasty's posts

If you don't consider the past Celtics a dynasty why have  Red-16Russ-11 as your handle?   I would say that was quite a dynasty over a short period of time.  Our dynasty, while not as great as yours was over a longer period of time.  Both should be proud.

Sections
Shortcuts