Is Rondo being groomed to be a player coach?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Is Rondo being groomed to be a player coach?

With all these like-dislike opinions about RR that seem to be dominating this site, are we really missing what is really happening here? Player coaches are generally extinct but with some personal humility and a bedside manner I can only believe that  (RR) is a one of a kind possibility for the position..

Sharing Coach and player positions take a very special talent and it seems that he is already an assistant coach/player.

The result would be a combined salary and part time (never bored) super player that would lead to developing another top tier PG, AB?

Just a thought.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Is Rondo being groomed to be a player coach?

They don't allow player coaches in HS.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

As Dudder would say  "belly laugh"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

On second thought you could be right.  He could be player coach for the ---------------LAKERS.    Maybe he would have to stones to call out KOME.  Brown on the other hand calls out KOME for taking horrible shots in a loss.  KOME when asked about it says ''whatever"   Brown finds out it pi$$ed KOME off so he retracts his statement and says KOME too "good shots"   Mike Brown is a "huge belly laugh" as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rondo being groomed to be a player coach?:
    They don't allow player coaches in HS. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Ha!   I see that according to the contract ..no paid player coaches. Guess AJ was the last to receive OJT.

Hey, better positive thoughts versus some of the brain dead drivel that I see here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Brain dead.... hardly.

Actually my brain is showing a feeble delta rhythm... just about now!

How about R9R as a shooting coach at say the JV level?

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo needs to change the course of his career before he can coach.  He quit on his team 13 months ago.  I am rooting for him now but don't remind me with this nonsense.  He needs to grow up and play consistently.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Rondo needs to change the course of his career before he can coach.  He quit on his team 13 months ago.  I am rooting for him now but don't remind me with this nonsense.  He needs to grow up and play consistently.
    Posted by concord27

You are probably right. Just too bad.. with the right maturity and mindset he is one of the few players that could pull it off.
    Best!
    Gary

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Posted by concord27

when did he ever quit on the Celtics??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Posted by concord27

After last years playoffs there is one thing you can say about Rondo..he is not a quitter! I also think he needs to be more consistent and gain some humility .This is not a mystery folks just have some more patience. If they trade him now they might as well blow up the team and it's back to square one. Not my idea of progress!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rondo being groomed to be a player coach? : After last years playoffs there is one thing you can say about Rondo..he is not a quitter! I also think he needs to be more consistent and gain some humility .This is not a mystery folks just have some more patience. If they trade him now they might as well blow up the team and it's back to square one. Not my idea of progress!
    Posted by heirplain

Gain humility????  Why and how so?

Maybe getting traded would serve that purpose.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

"with the right maturity and mindset, he could pull it off". Lol. Is that all he needs? Seems like those are pretty fundamental skills . With a foot more of height, better speed, strength, athleticism, and shooting skills, I could be a good basketball player..!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

"with the right maturity and mindset, he could pull it off". Lol. Is that all he needs? Seems like those are pretty fundamental skills . With a foot more of height, better speed, strength, athleticism, and shooting skills, I could be a good basketball player..!!
    Posted by elDunker2

Now that you mention it, I'm within 15cms of being another John Holmes... and I can act.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

no chance, no chance whatsoever. Rondo has his positives but coach doesn't come to mind.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Before that happens he should develop a jump shot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Is Rondo being groomed to be a player coach?":
    In Response to Re: Is Rondo being groomed to be a player coach? : Now that you mention it, I'm within 15cms of being another John Holmes... and I can act. Pud Posted by puddinpuddin
    Hilarious!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

He has developed a jump shot. It just doesn't go in. Picky picky.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

He has developed a jump shot. It just doesn't go in. Picky picky.
    Posted by elDunker2

R9R's Js are usually short or slide off to one side.... just like my John Holmes imitation.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I don't think a player/coach would work these days or ever again.  Not for a contending team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Also, I know I'm ......... into the wind here, but lets just enjoy this latest stretch of play Rondo is producing.  for as much as some around the league and others continue to be eager to write him off, he just won't go away, and keeps coming back to make everyone take notice.  There's got to be something to it. 

Matter of fact, I can't recall anyone else whose game has been this questioned yet continues to show the league that when the lights come on, and there's all-stars on both sides, it's Rondo that shines the brightest.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Before that happens he should develop a jump shot.
    Posted by shines01

yep bc Doc Rivers had a fantastic jump shot right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rondo being groomed to be a player coach? : yep bc Doc Rivers had a fantastic jump shot right? Posted by JamezHill24
    I don't remember him being as bad as Rondo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to "Re: Is Rondo being groomed to be a player coach?": I don't remember him being as bad as Rondo
    Posted by Accension13

at 26 years old he shot 45% with a 27% 3 pt percentage. 

career 44% fg, 32% 3%. starting improving his 3 ball after the age of 26.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rondo being groomed to be a player coach? : at 26 years old he shot 45% with a 27% 3 pt percentage.  career 44% fg, 32% 3%. starting improving his 3 ball after the age of 26. Posted by JamezHill24
    Free throw %? To me, that's the biggest issue with rondo. If he could shoot better than about 75% from the line, I don't think anyone would be terribly concerned if his shooting from the field never improved. He has got to get better at his free throws. He has the ball in his hands to much for that to be a liability?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to "Re: Is Rondo being groomed to be a player coach?": Free throw %? To me, that's the biggest issue with rondo. If he could shoot better than about 75% from the line, I don't think anyone would be terribly concerned if his shooting from the field never improved. He has got to get better at his free throws. He has the ball in his hands to much for that to be a liability?
    Posted by Accension13

Doc was a career 78% free throw shooter..worlds above rondo. and i agree. so far this year i have not had an issue with Rondo's jumpshooting, its his Free Throws that need to improve.

Sections
Shortcuts