Is Rondo coming back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Re: Is Rondo coming back?

In Response to Re: Is Rondo coming back?:
    In Response to Re: Is Rondo coming back? : Exactly the same number as Bynum did in games 1-6 in 08. Stop with the excuses - the Celtics were champs then and the Lakers are champs now.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

Exactly.  Tell it to your * buddy, KB24RULZ- we were better in 08, you were better in 09 and 2010.  End of story

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

Teams make adjustments during the season.  In 2008, at 37-25 the lakers were one game behind the Suns for best record in the West.  Mitch Kupchak was quoted as saying he was happy with his team.  Bynum got hurt and was pronounced out for the year.............although he did try to rehab.  Not wanting Kwame Brown as his starting Center for the rest of the year, Kupchak made his borderline illegal trade with his mentor Jerry West in Memphis.  With Gasol at Center, the lakers went on a tear and ended up in the Finals.  Would that have happened without Gasol?  Who knows!  The point is  Bynum was OUT when they got Gasol.  He was NOT on the team, he was hurt. Ariza?  Please!  I thought Artest was better.  How can you say lakers in 5 with Ariza, when they barely won in 7 with Artest AND Bynum. Your knowledge is sorely lacking, and I am done with you!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

That's one way to look at it.......if you are a delusional Celtics fan with an aversion to the truth. When Bynum first got hurt, he was not pronounced to be out for the year, liar.

The trade for Gasol was perfectly legal, and Jerry west was retired. Yes, retired, not working for any team in any way, not even as a consultant, you immature liar.

Whatever you think that poster lacks in knowledge has got nothing on your lack of integrity.

2007–08 season

Bynum defending Tim Duncan

Bynum's helped the Lakers start to a 26-11 record, which was at the time the best record in the Pacific Division. Bynum played 35 games and started in 25 games during the season. On Christmas Day against thePhoenix Suns, when he made 11-of-13 shots for 28 points to complement 12 boards, 4 assists and 2 blocks.

On January 13, 2008, he suffered an injury during a game against the Memphis Grizzlies. Bynum partially dislocated his left kneecap when he landed awkwardly on teammate Lamar Odom's left foot while attempting to grab a rebound.[20] In March, there were reports that he could return before the end of the 2007–08 season or the first round of the playoffs;[21][22] however, Lakers coach Phil Jackson said that he did not foresee Bynum making serious contributions any time soon in April.[23] In May, rumors about his return were put to rest when Bynum underwent arthroscopic surgery on his kneecap.[24] Bynum finished the season with averages of 13.1 points, 10.2 rebounds, and 2.1 blocks and a .636 field goal percentage.

In September 2008, Bynum said that he was 100% healthy and was ready to participate in training camp, which was scheduled to begin at the end of the, month, after working with his trainer.[25] On October 30, 2008, he agreed to sign a 4 year, $58 million contract with the Lakers.

OR

For a real hand in the cookie jar experience.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3300705

Bynum likely to return during first round of playoffs

DALLAS -- The Los Angeles Lakers have finally put a timetable on the return of Andrew Bynum: probably the first round of the playoffs.

Andrew Bynum

Bynum

Bynum has been out since Jan. 13, when he dislocated his left kneecap and bruised a bone landing on a teammate's foot while going for a rebound. The Lakers haven't been more specific about his recovery than saying he would be out for at least eight weeks.

But before the Lakers played the Mavericks on Tuesday night, coach Phil Jackson said he's not expecting the 20-year-old center to return until the playoffs begin the weekend of April 18-19.

"It's all about swelling, the pounding you take day to day," Jackson said. "He continually battles that. So it could be a couple, three weeks before he's doing some things on the court."

Going into the Mavs game, Los Angeles was 20-10 without Bynum, helped by the addition of Pau Gasol. The Lakers would probably rather not wait until the postseason to get them playing together, but it looks like they might not have a choice.

In his third year, Bynum is averaging 13.1 points, 10.2 rebounds and 2.06 blocked shots. He was leading the NBA in field-goal percentage (63.6 percent) and was among the best in rebounds and blocks when he got hurt.

Stop Lying.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rondo coming back? : Exactly.  Tell it to your * buddy, KB24RULZ- we were better in 08, you were better in 09 and 2010.  End of story
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Here I was thinking that it was the refs fault for the Lakers winning the last two years based on the dribble posted on these boards. Go figure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Never the refs fault.  Where have you been.  TRUE Celtics fans have been saying that since June!

And no one here cares about '09.  I didn't even watch it.  Did you win?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Never the refs fault.  Where have you been.  TRUE Celtics fans have been saying that since June! And no one here cares about '09.  I didn't even watch it.  Did you win?
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Yeah it was our 15th championship! Go figure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

The Los Angeles Lakers 10th you mean!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

From the Bleacher Report's Frances White:

"There are a lot of rumors about the real reason Rajon Rondo left Team USA, including questions about his attitude and his jumpshot. Boston Celtic management was not thrilled with his decision to try out for the team, but was very happy with the results.

The Celtics post season success had placed a lot of miles on his body; therefore, his brief off-season could best be spent working on his game.

Rondo's meteoric rise to being a top tier point guard has proven to be the force behind his stubbornness. After all, he has a championship ring, has averaged a near triple-double in a playoff series, and can be mentioned in the same breath as the great Oscar Robinson following a  29 point, 18 rebound, and 13 assist performance in a playoff game.

He has done all of this without a serviceable shot and terrible free throw shooting.

In the NBA he is one of the best, but the international game is a different beast. You have the euro two-step which Manu Ginobli of the San Antonio Spurs has perfected, the trapezoid lane, the non-goal tending rule, and the premium placed on shooting and physical play.

All of these factors exposed his short-comings and made it an easy choice for him to walk away.

Preseason begins October 3rd and Rondo now has a month to hone his skills. This hard work will become a strength in the throes of the playoffs.

It is somewhat interesting to hear that Doc Rivers was a fan of the Rajon Rondo experiment on Team USA. Doc understood that in the company of his peers, Rondo would be forced to acknowledge why there were detractors of his game.

He was judged not only by them, but in one of the best coaches in college basketball Mike Krzyzewski—in this case, coach don't lie!

Like Doc Rivers, Coach Krzyzewski is very astute at evaluating a player's strength and weaknesses. He doesn't mince his words and team needs always override player feelings.

Rondo could not ignore the fact that both his NBA coach and the coach of Team USA came to the same conclusion: if he does not fix the inconsistencies in his game he will be relegated to pedestrian status; this experience proves that."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

The Los Angeles Lakers 10th you mean!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/06/18/10/celtics-lead-lakers-40-34-halftime
    http://www.nba.com/2010/news/06/18/obama.lakers.ap/index.html
    http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/shaun_powell/06/18/celtics.lakers7/index.html
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37823074/ns/sports-nba/
    http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=585446&publicationSubCategoryId=200
    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2010/06/18/lakers-sweet-16.html
    http://www.dailynews.com/lakers/ci_15321226
    http://www.nesn.com/2010/06/without-kendrick-perkins-celtics-try-to-win-game-7.html

Funny how their count of our championships is the same as mine. But hey, you keep deluding yourself kid.

Go figure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Droolz became a George Mikan Fan about the same time Dud became a Coach K fan. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Excerpts from ESPN article by Ric Bucher:

SAN FRANCISCO -- At this stage of his career, Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo says winning a FIBA gold medal just doesn't rank with winning another gold NBA trophy.  In fact, if it had been up to Rondo, he never would have tried out for the USA squad that ended a 16-year drought by defeating Turkey for the 2010 FIBA World Championship title.

Rondo said several factors contributed to his subpar performance with the squad -- being worn out from the Celtics' narrow Finals loss to the Lakers, his mind on making up for it this season; missing his two-year old daughter; mourning the death of an uncle; and being disenchanted with European cuisine -- ultimately leading him to withdraw from the team.

Skeptics will say that's a convenient cover for realizing he might not make the 12-man roster after being benched in a warm-up contest against Spain. But there's no question that Rondo has long been ambivalent about playing for Team USA, turning down previous invitations to try out and having a last-minute change of heart this summer. Celtics president Danny Ainge said earlier this summer that he was surprised by Rondo's decision to join the team's Las Vegas training camp.

"I just never got the sense he was committed to it the way some of those other guys were," Ainge said.

His agent, Bill Duffy, insists that it was his idea that Rondo compete.

"Physically, emotionally, he wasn't ready for it," Duffy said. "I feel bad because I was really pushing him to do it because of the experience and his stature."

"It was great to practice every day against the best young talent in the league, a veteran like Chauncey Billups and play for a Hall of Fame coach [Mike Krzyzewski]," Rondo said. "But some of these guys hadn't played since April. Lamar [Odom] and I had just got out of Game 7.

And next season is right around the corner. I feel like I had to take advantage of the opportunity I have right now to win another championship. It's not often you get to play with four Hall of Famers. Another couple of years and I won't have that."

Odom, the Lakers' sixth man, was the only player on Team USA to play beyond the first round of the playoffs. Not playing in the warm-up game did not prompt his decision, Rondo said, pointing out that he still flew with the team to Greece and took part in two more practice sessions before notifying the team he was pulling out.

He did so, he added, only after talking to Ainge, Celtics coach Doc Rivers, his former high school coach and long-time mentor Doug Bibby and Duffy.
    "I went to Greece hoping things would get better," he said.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Walking away from team USA wasn't a big deal IMO. Rondo didn't have anything to prove. He's an NBA champion and allstar. I'm actually glad that he quit because he needed some legitimate time off before the season starts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Walking away from team USA wasn't a big deal IMO. Rondo didn't have anything to prove. He's an NBA champion and allstar. I'm actually glad that he quit because he needed some legitimate time off before the season starts.
    Posted by mem17

Except that Rondo comes off looking like a quitter... and that is never a good image to project.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rondo coming back? : Except that Rondo comes off looking like a quitter... and that is never a good image to project. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

-

Yes, cutting your losses, exerting damage control, these are all good business and political tools, but here we're talking basketball.  Rondo quit.

He should have just withdrawn and kept his mouth shut.

"Rondo said several factors contributed to his subpar performance with the squad -- being worn out from the Celtics' narrow Finals loss to the Lakers, his mind on making up for it this season; missing his two-year old daughter; mourning the death of an uncle; and being disenchanted with European cuisine -- ultimately leading him to withdraw from the team."

Anytime someone gives more than one excuse for something, they are lying and covering up something.

Rondo made a big mistake committing to the USA team, and if his agent is responsible (which I doubt) Rondo should fire him.  But I think it's all on Rondo. 

I've been a huge Rondo defender, but Rondo lost a lot of my respect and the respect of many people that won't be easily regained through this fiasco.

I hope he's working on his jumper.

Sections
Shortcuts